It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Haunted LIve - MORE FAKERY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Just watched tonights Most Haunted Live. at the end of the broadcast during the highlights clips Yvette Fielding could clearly be seen kicking cupboard doors to make a noise. Am recording the +1hr on my sky plus box will transfer and upload tomorrow (if i can work it out and they dont somehow edit the sequence out of the delayed broadcast!!)

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I used to enjoy the program when it first come out. But now I have to agree and say it's all a load of faked *****!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I love that show and it disappoints me to hear that some of it is faked. What about Ghost Hunters? Not as exciting but they're more scientific in their investigations.

CX

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I've watched all 5 nights of the Halloween Most Haunted......5 nights of my life may i add that i will requesting back off the tv company

I use to enjoy the programme too, and yes most people knew that there was an element of showmanship involved, especially when Derek was the resident psychic.
(Oh how i miss those guarunteed nightly possesions!)

However lately it's just been a joke, more so than before.

Just a couple of questions i would put to the Most Haunted crew would be...

1. If it is such a big show which probably has a decent budget, why not have the sense to put cameras at the end of EVERY room in the house you are investigating? That way, when something gets thrown across the room, we'll see it from the main fixed camera instead of hoping the cameraman caught it.

2. I want cams under the table when they do a seance so when the table lifts up we can see no-one from the crew is doing it.

3. The chav-like challenging and taunting of the spirits is getting beyond a joke. Stewart (the bald one) and Carl need to get a grip as they are slowly getting worse and worse.

I probably sound like i'm taking this to seriously for such a joke of a programme, but there are many thousands of of paranormal enthusiasts who take this stuff as gospel. I think it gives a very bad image of ghosthunters.

Personally, when i hear Evette shouting out like Delia Smith did at that football match that time, jeering at the spirits and calling them cowards.....i just sit here praying that a huge demons head would scream out of the wall behind her and totaly freak them out for real lol!

Oh for a decent paranormal programme. Do tv ghosthunters not think that the public and sceptics will be wanting them to eliminate all doubt from any experiences? Why not cover all bases first and then the programmes would have more credibility.

And relax!

CX.

CX

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Supersaint, nice one for raising the "kicking the door" issue btw, i'm wondering if there is anything captured on the Youtube clips, someone sems to have put every part of last nights episode on there.

Might save you a job thats all.

Edit: My mistake, it's all from Day 3, not last night. Oh well, it might be up there soon.

CX.

[edit on 1/11/07 by CX]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Thanks, that is what I love about this website is the fact that most everyone is searching for the truth and questioning what is being presented and not just believing whatever they are told.

I watched a few of these types of shows but when they resort to running through a room screaming someone blew on the back of their neck and I am supposed to believe that, & it wasn't maybe a draft and then these people scare themselves into screaming at every little thing, well I just gave up, I find the paint peeling off of the wall more interesting.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I too found it more 'interesting' during its early years.

I watch it now, mainly for the entertainment aspect and not the paranormal experience.

I agree with CX, they should have cameras... everywhere. With all the supposed items thrown or flung off a wall/shelf, you would expect someone to catch it on film.... but alas, no.

They try to eliminate as much as possible but they always seem to have some 'unexplainable' events, which... if they had cameras everywhere or at least every crew member with one, they would be able to rule out foul play.

Many times I feel the noises or doors being slammed could be ( and are more than likely ) other crew members doing the deed.

Not that the show is a total waste, sometimes something reads as possible or unexplainable, but when mixed with the other rhetoric it looses some shock value.

I do like Ciaran O'Keefe (sp) and his position on all there findings. He seems pretty un-biased and I tend to take his explanations more freely than the producers ( Carl & Evette ). But then again, he is just an employee when you think about it.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I too found it more 'interesting' during its early years.

I watch it now, mainly for the entertainment aspect and not the paranormal experience.

I agree with CX, they should have cameras... everywhere. With all the supposed items thrown or flung off a wall/shelf, you would expect someone to catch it on film.... but alas, no.

They try to eliminate as much as possible but they always seem to have some 'unexplainable' events, which... if they had cameras everywhere or at least every crew member with one, they would be able to rule out foul play.

Many times I feel the noises or doors being slammed could be ( and are more than likely ) other crew members doing the deed.

Not that the show is a total waste, sometimes something reads as possible or unexplainable, but when mixed with the other rhetoric it looses some shock value.

I do like Ciaran O'Keefe (sp) and his position on all there findings. He seems pretty un-biased and I tend to take his explanations more freely than the producers ( Carl & Evette ). But then again, he is just an employee when you think about it.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Oh well, it might be up there soon.

edit on 1/11/07 by CX]

hope so cos i having a lot of trouble trying to get puter to recognise disc!!

hope its not ghosts in the machine

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

totally agree with you

used to be a great programme but now its just a way of generating income for yvette and carl and all their hangers on. they said last night that they had got 50,000 text messages over the five nights add to that competition entries at a quid a shot and you get a fair bit of money for a few hours of broadcasting not a lot.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I too agree that the early years of this program was somewhat enjoyable but lately it is clearly faked on huge levels... Imo Karl is clearly begging too be "special" so to speak with his constant oh i can hear something or some sort of scratch.

Derek Achorah is a shamble aswell even tho i used to enjoy his readings of places, very big shame this program turned out to go like this...

I wish we had something more across the lines of T.A.P.S ( Ghost hunters ) instead of bogus celeb challenges lol

BTW: It says newcastle for location? I used to live there for 5 years! Best place ever...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
at last found the clip on youtube

here

yvette kicks the cupboard door 3 times @ 7m38s into the clip.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think that Most Haunted has set back ghost hunting and spirituality decades.

Mediums and workers of spirit have been made to look foolish...not that they need much help and venues are charging a fortune to get in on the MH wannabe cash cow. This makes serious research expensive and esaily scoffed at.

Shame on you Yvette and co.

Still it is only an entertainment show...and as a sceptic I wouldn't expect it to prove much

Still like this forum the paranormal is good for a laugh.

Perhaps the franchise will branch out. "Yvettes Psi-Wheel Challenge" or "Son of Most Haunted Live: The Spoonbenders" or perhaps "Psi-Ball Soccer"

Upon reflection the whole paranormal gig is a discredit to itself...it dont need tosh like MH to help it along.

The show is as fake as the whole elitist, paranormal gig is.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Most Haunted does for the paranormal community what pop music does for the music community. It's trendy and sensational. Their target audience is the average person who does not have an extensive knowledge of the paranormal or only has an open enough mind to allow the possibility of ghosts to exist but still closed-minded enough to not question the tactics or validity of the show. That defines the people of this time. We want to believe in more, but we are still not inquisitive or wary enough to really hunt down the truth. We want the truth to be given to us easily or through an hours worth of television.

During the Live Most Haunted a few weeks ago, people kept texting messages on the air, and every single one of those messages read, BE CAREFUL, in one way or another. The only danger, I am sure, that mainly exists is someone tripping over some crap on the floor and impaling themselves on an antique sword.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I watch the live events, not because I'm in the hope of seeing anything even remotely paranormal, but rathee because I nearly wet myself laughing at it. They've been getting increasingly more blatent I think over the years and its finally catching up with them. Thanks for linking to that video as it put a definate smile on my face and makes you wonder if the 'stuart' thing was distraction as they realised they had been caught on camera?

The very way the show is run is cause enough for concern. She has her cusion, best mate and husband all working on the show...not exactly impartial I think. You can always that bet on each 'live event' they will use another gimmick that they proceed to work to death over the rest of the nights. This year it was 'ghost whistles'...let me get this straight...a 'ghost' with not physical body (and hence no lungs etc..) can somehow whistle that sounds amazingly like one of the crew in the next room each time? Wow uber cool..not

Yeah its entertainment, but since Accora left its dying on its feet..yeah he was faker than a fake man on national fake day, but at least it wasn't borring. I long for the day that a major bit of faking (that they can't wiggle out of) is caught and makes it into the media. LOL.

Although its not an area that interests me alot, I agree that serious researchers must be pulling their hair out! I've got the feeling if the most haunted crew ever saw a real ghost they'd poop their pants and run screaming like little girls.
Maybe someone should set them up for a change as revenge.
Although to be fair its the 'paranormal' for chavs.

Wayne...

[edit on 2/11/2007 by the secret web]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by banyan
Most Haunted does for the paranormal community what pop music does for the music community. It's trendy and sensational. Their target audience is the average person who does not have an extensive knowledge of the paranormal or only has an open enough mind to allow the possibility of ghosts to exist but still closed-minded enough to not question the tactics or validity of the show. That defines the people of this time. We want to believe in more, but we are still not inquisitive or wary enough to really hunt down the truth. We want the truth to be given to us easily or through an hours worth of television.

Well said. They come off as almost boring usually, while making a mockery of investigations. It seems with most of the episodes of the various shows that each time they find the paranormal, someone goes and scares it away before documentation. I dunno if it's just me or are some of the investigators and mediums coming off as non professional, and are just actors?
I can barely watch those shows... annoying! Oh well, least that inspires me to make more documentations and find new ghost hunting adventures.

new topics

top topics

join