It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Who Lost Pant Suit Loses Job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Judge Who Lost Pant Suit Loses Job

www.washingtonpost.com

Roy L. Pearson Jr., the administrative law judge who lost his $54 million lawsuit against a Northeast Washington dry cleaner, lost his job yesterday and was ordered to vacate his office, sources said.

Pearson, 57, who had served as a judge for two years, was up for a 10-year term at the Office of Administrative Hearings, but a judicial committee last week voted against reappointing him.

The panel had a seven-page letter hand-delivered to Pearson about 3:30 p.m., directing him to leave ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Judge sues cleaner for $65M over pants

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Later on in this article it goes on to say his lawsuit against the dry cleaners over his lost pants had no role in their decision to let him go.

I sure hope it had something to do with their decision, because I think his lawsuit sure showed something about his decision making.

I wonder if HE was sitting on the bench and listening to the "Lost Pants $54 million Lawsuit" if he would have decided against the dry cleaners and ordered them to pay $54 million?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31/10/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Non-Judicial Punishment

Looks like justice has just been served.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If he's the kind of judge who would file such a frivolous suit, no doubt his judicial mien and behavior were lacking in other areas, such as at work.

Good riddance. The judiciary doesn't need someone like him in their professional fellowship.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Oh yes, yes, yes, it's about time.

Idiot he was. I couldn't believe what he did to these people. I tell you he was a prejudice, rude man who did not I repeat did not need to be in the position he was in. They need to look at all his cases and see how many foreigners he has sent up for life, for little reason. This judge made me so mad.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well I would say this is one sound decision in the sea of insanity that we leave in. I was almost beside myself when I saw the story on the news and the attitude this person took, not to mention a judge.

new topics

top topics

join