It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OpenCongress.org - View action on Bills in near real time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think that the information provided on OpenCongress is really awesome for those of us who are not Politcal Scientists. It allows you to view which bills are being debated/voted on. It is almost like a web 2.0 aggregator for Congressional moves going on in real time.

It even has a 'most viewed' bill section. Which I find very interesting that HR 333 (The Cheney Impeachment bill from April) is the third most viewed bill. Anyway I think you all will like OpenCongress.org for it ease of use. Maybe not... But Check it out.

DocMoreau

I had previously created a thread about this website a while ago in Above Politics, that didn't get much play. I think it is under the level of the needs of those users, its more for the 'common ats user'...
To Thread in Above Top Politics.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Doc, that is a very good link. Thanks so much for posting that.

Everyone should read up on what is being done by those we hire to work for us in Washington. These are our employees, and it is our duty to know what they work at.

I'm bookmarking this baby so I can keep a closer watch on who is earning their paycheck, and who isn't.

A star and a flag.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Great link for sure. I was watching a CSPAN show last night about the Omnibus Spending Bill -- how it's thousands of pages w/ no time for reps to read it though, this is a good watchdog site for these sorts of issues.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the support.

I think that this website is excellent for keeping track of the bills and issues.
It makes it much easier to track what is going on, and could be an excellent resource for political science types and common person alike.

DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I came across Opencongress a few months ago while I was researching something and I'm now completely addicted to it. After doing a search, I found this antiquated thread from 2007 (is 2 years old?) and I feel like this kind of service is perfect for the political league of this forum to engage with. Give it another look please.

new topics

top topics

join