It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween and The Great Flood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I know someone here on ats already posted a thread about something simular.. I read this a couple of years ago online, I found this Theory very Interesting unfortunatly I cant seem to find that same artical but I did find something else. I didnt read through it that much but It seems to explain it from the bibles point of view.

Aparently every culture in the world celebrates the day of the dead in there own way, why is that? Cause Halloween was supposed to remind us of the day when everyone on the planet died in the great flood. Makes sense if you think about it no?

Check it out!

www.peopleschurchofmontreal.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Your post seems to imply that Halloween is a recent festival and linked to the bible.

Pagans celebrate Samhain on 31st October. Nothing to do with bible and a festival at the end of the harvest is one that has been celebrated for thousands of years.

Just wanted a post a different view of Samhain.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is a Quote from that artical.. check it out

"the ancient Irish custom of kindling fires on Halloween, or the eve of Samhain as showing that November 1 was New Year’s Day. The Celtic festival of Samhain or Samhagen held in November is connected with the Cornish New Year festival of Allantide and the Irish Geimredh (E. Sykes: Dictionary of Non-Classical Mythology London, 1961). In Wales and Scotland early November is the time for ghosts to be remembered. Samhain is connected in legend with Avalon, the Kingdom of the Dead, to which Arthur was taken across the waters of a lake." [As late as 1818 G.S.Faber cited Davies’ Mythology of the British Druids saying, ‘Bardic songs are yet extant in which is celebrated the return of the mythological Arthur with his seven companions from their voyage over a boundless ocean, beneath the waves of which all the rest of mankind had been overwhelmed.’ " (Filby p.125)] [ Presumably the name of Arthur replaced the name of the original hero of the story.]"

[edit on 31-10-2007 by The_Crimson_King]

join