It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interesting Home Security idea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Most every car now a days has an alarm of some form.

Most have wireless key fobs.

Mosts fobs have a "panic" button that will start the car alarm going.

If you keep this by your bead @ night, you an turn it on if you hear something/someone.

Cheezy, maybe, but it is free and just may save you or a loved one!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yeah, that could work if you tell someone ahead of time to call 911 if they hear it activated. Otherwise it happens so much (esp in apartment complexes) that people ignore it.

I try to keep my cell phone near the bed, charged up, at night. Not like in the old days when someone could cut your phone wires, like in the movies.

I also keep my bedroom door locked. Though not a very good door or lock, the noise would give me a few moments to get up and get my flashlight and a weapon of some kind and get the phone out.

Also helps to be a light sleeper. Least little sound and (unfortunately at times) I wake up alerted on it.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
unless your window is next to the driveway, i doubt it would work...that signal would have to travel through the walls of the house...

best security imo is a dog(s)

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
@mrmonsoon: That's probably good enough to distract someone for a few second. More than likely you'll be asleep and the perp will be real quiet!

@Badge01: You're a light sleeper? I'm completely deaf in one ear. A robber would have a field-day with me! I don't sweat it.

@Boondock78: I was in jail for some lame reason and I heard these guys talking about a poison recipe that you mix in with meat. They figure a way to insert the meat in the house without making the dog notice and then comeback an hour later to see it dead or too damn sick to care about people! I say get a vegetarian dog!

[edit on 31-10-2007 by MrMysticism]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

well, thats a far stretch imo...

my point is, when they come to insert it into the house, my dogs will pick up on the noise and start to wig out, thus alerting me.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Don't know man! I thought of the same thing, but I've heard many people doing that.

I'm just not listing all the examples.

One was that they dropped it down the chiminey. And yes you can say that there are filters in chimineys so that doesn't work, but there is always a flaw in every house design that can be passed.

But if you just want to get ot the point. Bust in with a shotgun, blow your dog away and have you hide in a corner or come running out to get blasted.

There is never a sure bet in any emergency situation. Be a manager of something and you quickly learn that.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
For household defense, I'd pick:

1. good alarm system, secure doors and windows with better than standard locks.
2. dog; edit 'dog trained to alert/make noise'.
3. cell phone
4. shotgun with non-wall penetrating ammo (large birdshot; "6").
5. handgun/any gun
6. alligator moat.

So, yeah, really I agree a dog. Forget H2H combat, lol.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
4. shotgun with non-wall penetrating ammo (large birdshot; "6").

That's actually very good!

The trained dog is funny! I can see buying a Rotweiler because they are very protective and then being dissapointed because all it does is sleep all the time!

I considered one time buying a cheap computer and motion sensor it to video pan the area when movement accures. Then it would dial my cellphone and text message me.

I lived in an apartment once where the maintenance guys thought they had free range to go inside peoples places anytime they wanted. They were very inexperienced.

The problem is alot of property owners think that way also. They think it's their property they can do what ever they want. It's tough renting an apartment sometimes.

I'll just stop it at that!

top topics

join