It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

?Wow. I just stepped outside and everything feels different!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Happy Halloween DG !!

Could be this polar shift. Our internal Chronometers percieve time in a whole new way. And it's not only perception, but actually more than that. Time is shorter since the planet is tilting. Our magnetosphere is also affected by this shift causing the good ol' sun to spray our soil with minerals.

OR...it could be a Halloween thing. I heard that parallel universes tend to intertwine on this day. Hope the cig. helped afterwards!!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonoIonic_Gold
As far as the whole world feeling different?
That happened to me back in April this year. and it had nothing to do with the weather. Still feels like I slipped into another dimension that night. Might be happening to everyone at different retes, but I think something is definitely happening.

Sorry, I just have to butt in here... Last year (2006), I had a CONSTANT (which is why it was weird) impression of spring being autumn - and then autumn being spring.

It never happened to me before.
And the fact that I just couldn't shake off the feeling was the strangest of all.

I don't know what to make of it, but it didn't have anything to do with any events in my life - or with the weather, for that matter.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Wow! Exactly! Now i need an explanation, could it be the brain? I think its even weirder than Deja Vu.
Honestly, it felt as though i were on the set of Twighlight Zone. :shk:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Now i need an explanation, could it be the brain?

I don't think you NEED an explanation - not right now.
Believe me - that can wait. And it can mess the clarity of your vision.

Trust me on this one.

I have a long and winding road behind me...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
dgtempe I think you are describing the opposite of the OP's experience,
It seems you are describing a burst of depression, this can affect anyone just as euphoria can.

I suffer with depression anyway but you cant mistake when the event you describe happens.
I wont and cant describe it totally ( I doubt its possible, just like I doubt its possible to fully explain the opposite effect ).
All I can do is offer an example, I can be plodding along doing my own thing and bam, a colour on an object catches your eye and in a split second it brings forward a feeling, a memory, usually a sad memory, a feeling of loss and hopelessness, a total overwhelming burst of depression that you cant control, your breath is taken away and your ready to burst into tears.
The strange thing is ive had this happen a lot and can do a quick heartfelt whimper or that sort of quick exhale when you start to cry then *click* back to 'normal'.
I do it so often (a by product of depression) that I can be typing and get it for a second and get right back to what I was doing ignoring it.
It helps that I have distractions via headphones (NOT music) so that my brain is always engaged practically 24/7 even as I sleep.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
maybe there is some truth to the legends surrounding All Hallow's Eve and perhaps something wicked passed your way?

for me it's strange outside because we have this tropical storm offshore and it's been strange watching clouds race by over the past few days...but I think I've experienced something similiar to what you have before. the best I can describe is that it's like standing in a movie set of your natural surroundings, and seeing the things in your reality look like props... does that sound about right?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

Hi Street! I dont know what it was but the cig really helped!!! I chain smoked for awhile. :shk:
Poles? I dont know what i was picking up! Maybe its the government fooling with our heads?

Has this happened to anyone from overseas? Hmmmmm.....Now there's a new twist i hadnt thought of.
Oh it couldnt be, it just couldnt be..........

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well, comet Holmes got about a million times brighter and is visible tonight. I guess it could have some effect. Just a hunch.

Comet Holmes

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

That happnend to me in a little town called Houma coming home from a job, I had to go about 30 mph on a hiway I travled for 20 years. Things were missing like a 3 story building just after a big bridge and I had a small field of view.

No non sense just returning from job at about 2:00 am.
Thanks

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

WW, YES, props along with a feeling of despair because i dont understand what happened- does that make sense?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have had a surreal feeling before, I think it is just living in the moment. Noticing reality as it is, not how you wish it to be. A sweet little taste of nirvana I suppose, I get it once in a while, and I get what your feeling, but our feeble human vocabulary can't really express those type of moments, I guess enjoy while you can.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
despair or fear, I'm not sure, more like I don't belong..I guess I just felt ODD.... can't really put a word to that type of feeling.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Its when you get feelings like these you should just stop whatever your doing and mediate on them. Maybe you can get to the root of it or simply just experience it while it comes and goes.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I've had a feeling like described here a few times. I've always felt, and I have no basis for this other than opinion, that I crossed over into the closest dimension for a moment. The one where the napkins next to the hot dogs in the convenience store are on the left instead of the right, where they always are. If that makes sense. Not a major difference, just enough to make it "feel" not real.

Eh, what do I know.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

Eh, what do I know.

You DO know, I hope, that that attitude is the ultimate proof of your wisdom and (I hope) freedom?

It's almost 4 a.m. where I am (wow, it rhymes!
)
, so I am really not saying this just to make small talk. It's just that I find it THAT important.

Keep that attitude.
It's the most reliable path to knowledge, and it is freedom NOW.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

I understand what you mean. Its very hard to put it into words, i know-
At least so many of us have experienced it maybe we are crossing over to another dimension for a few seconds there which is why things look out of place.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
They say the barrier between life and death becomes thinner somehow during and around Halloween, that's why the pagans celebrated that time.

They created carved pumpkins to scare away evil spirits.

I have experienced both, I suffer from depression and lately it's gotten even worse being in Korea now away from my family.

But rarely I get that Euphoric feeling, sometimes after I watched a great movie or experienced something inspiring, sometimes a good discussion does the same thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I think that some of us at times may experience what I call a reality shift. Some think that there are an infinite number of realities that exist, for example if something can happen, it does happen in some single reality. There are certain things in my life and even in the history that I have lived through that are not quite the way I remember them. An old man's faulty memory? perhaps, but I very vividly remember things that are not quite the same as when they happened in my time line. This may be something like the old scifi show "Sliders", but the changes are much, much more subtle. Some of my fellow scientists think that infinite realities are why an atom simply doesn't collapse, that unlimited protons, neutrons and electrons of the same atom co-exist in different planes of reality (dimensions?) simultaneously. (the Heisenberg uncertainty principle might be an example of this) Interesting stuff. Perhaps some here have better insight than I, and can tell me how strange my theory is. Several accounts written in this thread are close to what I'm writing about. I believe these shifts may occur and most of us may not even be aware that anything has changed, like while sleeping perhaps.
As a common scientist, I can assure you that there are many things we haven't even begun to understand. Indeed, there are likely many things we will NEVER understand.

[edit on 10/31/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
dgtempe,

with( i really hate to ask this)
have you ever in your earlier years experimented with '___'?
flashbacks seem to fit the bill you are experiencing.

-- all of a sudden woop, your in a different "tune" so to speak, and it's clarity is crystal clear.

sorry that sounds so WT, but i had to ask.

thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpadeofAces

Wow, the way you describe it is almost exactly the way I experience it too.

Don't know what it is, but it's a creepy, surreal feeling.

Interesting thread.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by thehumbleone]

[edit on 31-10-2007 by thehumbleone]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join