It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO question asked at Democratic Debate Tonight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hunter_1976

As for why I am a Conservative Hillary said it Best herself "I have a Million Ideas America Can Not Afford them all" CASE CLOSED

Not to mention her health care plan which requires people to have health insurance BEFORE they can be hired by an employer!!!

niv

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kuriousSo you will vote along party lines RATHER than for who is the right candidate? You, my friend (sarcasm intended) are what is wrong with this country and IMHO lawyers in general. You would prefer to fight to "save" a client with a Not Guilty Verdict DESPITE their innocence or guilt. Much the same way you would vote Republican DESPITE them offering a sound candidate. I suppose you support the Iraq war as well? Your President,this administration and this "War" will go down as the worst in history to date. Face it pal, Repubs are out in 2008 as the American people have wised up.

Let me guess?? Ambulance Chaser?....Despicable.

While I did find your response funny, it doesn't have any connection to reality. You make several incorrect assumptions. I'll ignore the stuff about my profession because it's too silly (and off target) to waste time with correcting. I will say that my views run libertarian which is why I will vote Republican - while most of the Republicans are big-government types, all the Democratic candidates are and none of whom come as close to my views as the least libertarian Republicans (i.e., Giuliani).

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tru_cutru
is my first time posting that it usually take this long for people to post? I mean these are HUUUUUGE news, I dont understand why more people are not contributing to this thread or is there another thread running already?

because we are inherently dubious,sceptical of everything,even other people!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tru_cutru

Inevitable. The proportion of people who have seen unexplainable aerial phenomena or living intelligent beings not humanoid are rising each day. The question might finally be asked formally in national public forums. It could bring millions out of the closet 50 years after the fact of actual (hidden) government knowledge.

Still there is a very strong what I call, "Wizard of OZ denial" that will embarrass people back into the shadows, but this cannot last. Especially with a critical mass of people asking and demanding answers to the same questions, having experienced the truth themselves.

Deep voice of complacency; "There is no one behind the curtain!" has become the attitudinal moronic drone of those not wanting to be responsible for the feared social and economic chaos that would ensue on such a disclosure. Ridicule for such experiences has been less an issue for people in the last decade largely due to the cultural acceptance of such concepts.

When presidents, governors and political candidates voice together on this there will have to be a response. Yet with the daily coy denials of the current administration on such unfortunately earthly issues in the middle east war/s, we might find an easily deployed so called official wall of denial.

The Drake equation has also been upgraded by the Inflation-Theory Implications for Extraterrestrial Visitation, so critical mass in the science community is also evolving towards a demand for disclosure, whether government or aerospace and corporate. Very smart people want access to the "captured or gifted" technology to realize the answers to our most glaring environmental, technological and philosophical questions. They will join the collective voice once ridicule is dampened by significant numbers of people. A snowball effect might happen faster than we expect.

As the issue is accepted as relevant in each other, it will be adapted in the larger social and political concerns. We need to voice our knowledge, support those without voice who have experienced such realities and do what we can to bring the issue out of the miscategorized UFO nut files.

The implications will be much larger and pervasive than we can imagine for our planetary society. No matter how informed you think you are, you will be shaken to the bone by what the reality really is.

It is inevitable though.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

PS This is definetly a sign that the subject is having more acceptance at the government level. We are going in the right direction

Flame on, what do you think?

Well, Jimmy Carter was probably the most vocal supporter of releasing the info, but that seemed to vanish very quickly after he took office...and from what I recall, it wasn't Jimmy's idea....but he was made aware of something that quickly changed his tune. As to what, who knows...

Candidates are salesmen....they'll tell you anything to get elected...and close the deal.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think Maynard should run for president. He knows a lot about UFOs!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
quote]

Well, Jimmy Carter was probably the most vocal supporter of releasing the info, but that seemed to vanish very quickly after he took office...and from what I recall, it wasn't Jimmy's idea....but he was made aware of something that quickly changed his tune. As to what, who knows...

Now that makes you think. I wonder what that might possibly be?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Hi RG. I wouldnt count Mr. Ron out just yet. He is starting to spend his coffers right now and he is starting to make some noise. I find it sad that they didnt ask the question across the board to every one of them. But the cold truth of it is the president has no power what so ever to disclose anything. Alien Disclosure will come when the people who are now inj the know so to speak give them the green light to disclose. I do like Ron Paul though and am very close to making my choice in his direction.

Take care

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wifi is totally slow over here, what'd Hillary say when asked?

Interesting that Meet the Press is asking Obama and their NBC space reporter about life on other planets.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
Now that makes you think. I wonder what that might possibly be?

I think this had something to do with it:

Jimmy Carter and UFO's
"Whatever statement you saw concerning President Carter’s view on UFOs was not exactly what he said. He had seen something that he thought was unexplainable that possibly might have been a UFO and he will certainly disclose and describe any unusual phenomena he might see. He is committed to the fullest possible openness in government and would support full disclosure of material that was not defense sensitive that might relate to UFOs. He did not, however, pledge to "make every piece of information concerning the UFOs available to the public." There might be some aspects of some sightings that would have defense implications that possibly should be safe-guarded against immediate and full disclosure." Walter Wurfel, Carter Deputy Press Secretary February 28, 1977

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Okay, you guys are taking this topic way out of context.

Kucinich did mention that he saw a UFO. In the post debate special, Chris Matthews decided to turn Kucinich's entire interview into this laughing sort of mockery about how Kucinich believes in UFO's. Kucinich went on to say that he didn't know what he saw, but it was unidentified.

Bill Richardson was next to be interviewed. He wanted to talk about his stance on the Iraq War, but Matthews couldn't let the UFO thing go. He asked Richardson if he believed in UFO's, and Bill said "It brings a lot of tourism to my state," which they had a good laugh over. Chris again asked if he believed in UFO's and Richardson said he believes the government has been keeping information about the goings-on in New Mexico for years and that those papers should be de-classified so our government is honest with its people. This doesn't suggest to me that he believes in UFO's, but instead he believes in honestly and openness.

Chris then asked Joe Biden, who plainly said no. If you think the mere mention of UFO's is going to bring this issue to the forefront of politics, you should wake up. When it's used as a joke like it was last night, it only lends further credence to the idea that it's not to be taken seriously. So it never will be.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
Don't vote for a candidate based on UFO's people. Carter said he would peel back the onion on UFO's and he didn't do crap.

The presidents know less than we think. He was shut out by DCI Bush. The info is buried deep. Unacknowledged special access programs within other USAPS which are classified top secret with multiple intelligence caveats. Not many officials have access to several high level compartments. Certainly nobody elected in a political position. The official UFO information rests with career military and federal bureaucrats within military and civilians intelligence agencies. This is the "shadow" govt. It's got private control of billions in revenue derived from shadowy circumstances, funding god knows what, with no Congressional or Executive branch oversight.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I see that this is happening over and over again, many people believe that UFO have something to do with extraterrestrials when this simply not the case, although a UFO could possibly be of ET origins. UFO means Unidentified Flying Objects and thats all there is to it. This misuse of terms is just creating a big confusion.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Wizard_1988]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hey didn't Bush say that we were going to go to live on the moon or mars or something like that. That sounded cool and I believed him
I was 14 or 15 at the time. I was so young and gallabel. We should have a three strikes and you're out system for presidents. They make three promises and if they don't make promise per year he gets to resign. And if he or she refuses we get pitchforks and torches.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hi everyone. I apologize about to polomontana and everyone else on the board - my education comment was a joke and a bad, snarky one at that. At best I was making a shorthand attempt to say that I haven't met anyone who's voting republican in 2008 - and even all of my Republican friends (with the exception of a college Dean - who does not follow politics and is not supporting anyone in particular - he just knows that he will vote for whoever is nominated) are planning on voting Democratic in 2008. For further clarification, I was also saying that I am pretty much surrounded by young urban academic types (liberals and conservatives) between the ages of 24-54.

It's a shame that the phrase I used in my post changed what should be an interesting thread about the airtime that MSNBC granted to the subject of UFOs on Tuesday night - even after the debates, people couldn't stop talking about it - to focus on politics.

Hopefully we can all assume everyone is dissatisfied with my comments, and move on.

Yesterday, I was trying to seek out some mainstream political blogs that mention Kucinich and the UFO question, and while there was a lot of spin on behalf of the authors that regurgitates the typical talking points of the big media outlets, it also seemed like the majority of comments posted - from everyday, regular people - were supportive of Kucinich and not reductive at all.

I do have to say that a race between Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich would be one of the most enlightening Presidential elections in American history. I agree with a lot of what Ron Paul is saying.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The sad thing is the number of snickering sounds you heard in the audience. You could tell he was sort of caught off guard and nervous.
Even Russert smirks when he asks these kind of questions.

Personally I think it was a set up question for and to get Obamas ratings back up when Obama replied "we have life on earth to take care of and we arent doing that now regarding children dont have healthcare"
Also to possibly make those that believe in UFOs, Skull and Bones, 911 inside job folks look silly.

You have to remember Russert more than likely has been chosen to be the front man journalist to ask the quote and quote conspiracy theory questions.
Kerry Skull and Bones
www.youtube.com...

Bush Skull and Bones
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It is refreashing to see that some elected officials aren't afraid of their own shadows. I hope this catches on.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bovarcher

ridicule and denial just as effective as murder------will anyone ever trust government once truth comes out ? you are dead on the money-----my first days of school were beatings at hands of school principal and students later on teachers had ago at me as well.i learnt right off the bat to trust no one period just sit there in class and keep your mouth shut and keep a low profile while the nuts fight over "their" power trip------60 now never voted never will-----the little nuts grow up to become bigger nuts and get to do more damage.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nice debate.. you all should vote for this guy. maybe disclosure would be going much faster. ! flagged

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
in the uk we have a saying "dont vote for who will do the most good, vote for who will do the least harm", if you beleve that the goverment is controled by a higher "NWO" then it wouldnt matter how many people voted for him, they would just fix it so he didnt get elected, or they will just make up some scandal if he starts to poke his nose in

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join