It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation? Evolution? God? What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Ok, I have a problem deciding WHAT to believe. I mean, I say I beleive in God. Someone or SOMETHING had to create us right... but if he created us.. then who created him.....

ANd as for evolution.... we evolved from what? one cell organisms? If this is true and out creation had to do with nothing but what is out in space then why isn't the universe teaming with intelligent life?? I mean look how "advanced" we are.... you'd think any other "Life" would have progressed like us as well seeing as thier make up and such would be chemically the same right??

Do you see how for the normally high school educated person this could be confusing? Maybe some of you went further in schooling and studied science and space and religion and mythology and all that and have a better understanding of all this, But I don't.

I guess I want to know why I do I think this way? Is it crazy to think that maybe we (earth and humanity) was just one big cosmic oops?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul

ANd as for evolution.... we evolved from what? one cell organisms? If this is true and out creation had to do with nothing but what is out in space then why isn't the universe teaming with intelligent life?? I mean look how "advanced" we are.... you'd think any other "Life" would have progressed like us as well seeing as thier make up and such would be chemically the same right??

Do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there isn't other intelligent lifeforms in the universe? If so, how do you know it, and why haven't you presented it to the public?

Anyway, I too believe in God; however, I don't discredit the theory of evolution because, at least to me, evolution and creationism do not have to be in conflict.. Evolution is simply the method God has decided to use to create life on Earth...

[edit on 30-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul

Do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there isn't other intelligent lifeforms in the universe? If so, how do you know it, and why haven't you presented it to the public?

[edit on 30-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

If there "IS" then why don't we know? I mean... as Isaid you would think that organisms such as ourselves, if there were any out there, would have progressed as we did.

I mean yeah people beleive in extra terrestrials and stuff and say they have seen em they have proof ect and the government is hiding it but... really .... aliens in flying saucers?!?!?! That would be kinda hard to keep from the public were it real!

Idon't know though I am not 100% sure of ANYTHING thats why I posted this, I'm looking for PROOF tangible PROOF of why we exsist. I just thought maybe someone a whole heck of alot smarter than me might actually have links to info that was in plain spoken english (you know not a whole lot of scientic babble that I don't understand) that might help guide me in a more un-confused direction.......

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Science is not a matter of "belief" in the way that creationism is.

There's actual evidence of evolution -- a mountain of it. Science is about fact, not belief.

You can educate yourself -- I only have one year of college, but I have educated myself about biology, evolution and many other aspects of science.

If you're curious to learn more, I suggest you go to Talk Origins Archive.

It's full of articles that can help you understand evolution and the facts about science.

If you want creationism, you'll have to eschew science. The two are mutually exclusive, one being in the realm of the imagination, the other being in the realm of reason.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The question “why isn’t the universe teeming with intelligent life” is misleading.

We only know an extremely small part of the universe, and we don’t even know it all that well.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by NRen2k5]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NRen2k5

another thing to add to this... evolution doesn't tend towards intelligence, it tends towards survival

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
^

according to current evidence it took four billion years of evolution on earth to lead to an intelligent creature (well, as far as we known) such as ourselves, intelligent life may not be so successful and common, how much longer will we survive? hopefully that shed a bit of light on your dilemma.

you wont find a solid answer to your question. just keep an open mind. i've found that it usually depends on an individuals personality that will decide what they ultimately choose. logical/critical thinkers usually sway towards the science point of view which by nature, theories are always open to discrepancies and are usually going to end up incorrect minus a few fundamentals (keep that in mind). then you have the realm of fantasy and supernatural, hardcore theistic who go against observable phenomenon and reason because of faith. then of course you have all the intermediates between the two.

the human mind itself has limitations just like the bodies biomechanics has limitations (cant run 100km/hr, or have such sharp eyesight like a eagle). since we are limited in a conceptual sense by the nature of our brains framework don't let it stress you out to much. just get up in the morning and enjoy your coffee.

hope you make the right choice. and by right, i mean being satisfied with your choice.

[edit on 12/17/2004 by cheeser]

top topics

join