It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Wind Tunnel Photos: Bunch Of Interesting Stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Article Link

As you can see, we've got some definite coolness in the works here. We've got 3 very interesting pictures from a single article! I guess Mondays are a 3 for 1 special! Anyway, to business. These are all presented as wind tunnel tests at Zhukovsky. Let's see what we think.

This appears to be some sort of stealth bomber, perhaps a response to the B-2. It's most definitely a take on the flying wing. Moving on.

This appears to be a PAK-FA related test. Gives us at least a good chunk of insight if we can take it as real. The article says it's a model of Big Ears, a precursor to PAK-FA.

The article presents this as a Maneuvering Re-entry Vehicle. I know very little of this sort of thing, so I'll just leave it to the experts to say what's what.

I really do think that these are all at least tests, although I find it difficult to say if any have moved on from the pictures we have. I suspect that the flying-wing bomber was at least toyed with at one point, and the PAK-FA-ish model probably isn't too far out of whack. But I don't know about the MaRV, since I have no expertise in the space field whatsoever.

Discussion ensues.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Tracing back through the source - there are loads more pics of the two afore mentioned models, and others here

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
that PAKFA wind channel mockup is so bluntness.

join