It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or is everyone on this board a Hypo-Chondriac?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I feel like when I read these posts on the medical issues board, that I start checking myself, my life style, and my habits to double check that I do not have any of the symptoms, am not consumming flouride, removing my mercury fillings, throwing out my microwave and every little mark on my skin that I see I immediately link to this board.

Than I wake up to realize it was all a bad dream and brush my teeth with pure flouride heating up my breakfast in the microwave as I prepare to use my mercury filling filled teeth to munch on some morning deliciousness.

Serouisly though, the US is the enemy with the FDA and all the crap thats comming out of here these days. I'm so ashamed to be an american thanks to bush.

Oh well, guess I'll wait for the revolution or be the one to help start it.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The thing that annoys me is that the most available products are usually the most dangerous. It's just cheaper to manufacture certain chemicals so they get shipped out regardless of how they affect us (whether good or bad).
Isn't the well being of people better than profit?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Oh I'm not so sure about that OP. Reading of 'outbreaks' of MRSA all over country in our finest late teens who should have the best immune systems.
CDC's recent disclosure that MRSA type infections will out surpass AIDS related deaths. We live in scary new times. Wish all those biology scientists didn't get 'dead' so suddenly. The findings of the bird flu has morphed one step away to a major contagion epidemic, mutated to live at lower temps, ala human respiratory tracts. Bring out your dead. It will make a morbid Monte Python skit. A pandemic in todays world, geez Louise, they'll need funeral pyres in stadiums for them all.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You should be ashamed to be an American.

You live in one of the wealthiest countries on the planet and you don't get proper medical care. You settle for a government the doesn't care about it's citizens, and lies to you at the drop of a hat. (but only for your own security).

Suck on your mercury filled teeth, zap your food in a microwave. and slop down the fluoride.

And above all, don't question the wisdom of your leaders.

You can be a good citizen if you try hard enough. :shk:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Careful 'CountrySoul', though I couldn't agree with you more, I got warned and 500 pts censure for that very kind of response. Another troll doing its thing.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What are ATS points anyway. Do they convert to money or nifty suede jackets or robovaccuums? If I have to walk on eggshells so as not to pizz off any mod for coming down on a troll that blasphemes our troops in god forsaken lands, not the 'leaders who send them there' I am guilty as charged. Don't tase me bro. Wait, ok tase me, that was great! May I have another!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The thing that gets me is that for the most part, over-the-counter medications haven't really changed that much in 1,000 years. Asprin, alcohol, calcium carbonate. Modern pharmacy has created some new, synthetic stuff that kind of acts like the old familar stuff, but it also usually has some nasty side-effect that almost makes it not worth the trouble. When I get a cold, for instance, if I take some of that cold and flu medication I end up feeling a lot worse than if I just stay in bed and have some hot chicken soup.

I'm not going to load myself up with magnets or colloidal silver, either. My monkey ancestors evolved just fine without that junk.

You know the number one life-saving miracle ever invented? The thing that has saved (at least temporarily, we all gotta go eventually) more lives than all the medicine ever swallowed?

SOAP. Yeah, that's right. You wash your hands and your food and suddenly you don't die as much. You can even wash your hands and instruments clean enough to cut open another human body and fix it, and that person has a good chance of not dying in a week from infection. Penicillin is good, but only in the absolute smallest does you can get away with. Otherwise, it'll kill you, too.

I'll tell you what kind of hypochodriac I am. The kind that frets about there being way too much emphasis placed on fancy medicines and crazy snake oil to achieve some kind of weird and mythical "perfect" health. Some people are convinced they've found the secret. People die pretty much the same as they always have.

MRSA? Soap!

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The worst place you can find yourself is in hospital at risk of nosocomial infection. Worse than any horror halloween house under a microscope you can find.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
According to this, nosocomical infections cause over 20,000 deaths in the U.S. every year: www.everything2.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Reply for jpm1602

Well I don't worry much about trolls, and I certainly don't worry about points.
If anyone wants to skin me for 500 pts. they're welcome to them. I just hope the Mod that takes them gives an applause to a worthy member to balance the books.

The Americans need to get their act together and yank their heads out of the sand. I'm not talking about government, or foreign policy, I'm talking about the American citizen.

If they want to consume all the garbage they do, and they want to hand their children toys painted with lead, let them. Let them drive those begging children to McDonald's for dinner in the Van or SUV,
Their entire economy is based on getting more for less and that less comes from China, India, Mexico, and more, and it comes with a price.
If they can get it cheep at WalSmart the people are happy because they've deluded themselves over the great bargain they just got. The government is happy because the lower class is happy that they can buy imported garbage at a low price.
The US has become their own worst enemy and they don't realize it,and if they do, they won't care until the well runs dry.

It's pretty sad that they pour their money into bombs before they think about the children of their nation. If the truth hurts, so what. they need to realize the folly of their ways or fall.

My fear is that when the good old USA goes down the tube they'll be dragging Canada with them.

I'm not a Hypochondriac, but you'd think the health of the people would supersede the need for another stealth fighter.
What the hell is the the cost of each of those Raptors they build but never see combat ?
How many kids could get dental care if they built one less plane ?

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Country Soul]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I also fear that Canada holds a similair fate to the U.S. if they continue the way they are. We Canadians still get a lot of what the U.S. is. Canada isn't as bad as far as those issues go, but we need to prevent things like this. Our countries have big ties when it comes to economy. We need to stand up as consumers and stop buying harmful things.

Power to the people.

[edit on 30-10-2007 by Luther777]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I too have often proferred my remorse at the contagion of indifference in our society. It is most unfortunate and frustrating. Agreed, poster.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luther777

Power to the people.

It's always the people that hold the power.
As a Canadian you know that the people can toss a government any time we choose if enough people want it. The people of our nation are the ones that set policy based on the Members of Parliament that we elect.

Sure we've been screwed from time to time, but I've seen Prime Ministers face a non-confidence vote after a few months in office, and we all remember the few weeks that Kim Campbell had the big office on the hill.

The Americans are obsessing over health care, but God forbid they socialize the system to include everyone.

Is that too Commie for them ?
Are they afraid it might cost too much ?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The Republicans will be shoved off. Long overdue. Hillary has the best chance to win. Not my choice, just the facts. A blanket health care reforum no matter how egregious is better than none. Everyone should have access to health care regardless.

[edit on 30-10-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
To all you Canadians and Mexicans, were about to be Unionized, (NAU North American Union between US, Can, & Mex. Say bye bye borders.

Were gonna see a Unionized version of the FDA pretty much running and controlling all health aspects all across the continent so I wouldn't get to comfortable.

It does suck being here in U.S. seeing everybody ignore the facts and not do anything about it. The good news is that it's the exact kind of stuff that's going on in this country now that leads to a revolutionary movement.

We all have front row seats for some of the biggest changes to take place in all of history and many of us will take part in this film comming to a front door near you !!!!!!

Refuse microchips and get ready to fight for your freedom. It's comming !!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hopefully the North American Union won't be coming anytime soon, but if it the idea is officially proposed we have to reject it. A union like that would mess up the whole system.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I think the term you are looking for is "cyber-chondriac". It's a fairly new phenomenon whereby people become obssessed with their health or convinced they have some rare disease, based on all the many different things they read on the web.

It takes one to know one!

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yes and No.
No because 'everybody' is assuming you know everyone has the same fear of these things.

And yes because the fact is members here all have a belief system based on some form of conspiracy or questionable subject so the chances are that theirs a lot more paranoid people on this site than an average site.
ATS can not be used as a representation of everybody.

So my point here is that its going to be hard to find much debate.
It also doesn't help when every time someone says a subject is nonsense they are accused of being part of the cover up, a dis-info agent or berated with sarcastic comments.
Most people will just ignore what they consider nonsense on here or indeed they aren't members of this 'silly site full of nonsense'. (note that I used quotations because I know people who would say that type of thing).

PS: Yes I do use 'quotations' a lot (also brackets).

[edit on 30/10/07 by eagle32]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You can call me whatever you want... but I cured my own severe depression by going organic. No more processed food, no more chemical-based personal care products, no more chemical household cleaners... NO MORE DEPRESSION.

I'm pissed that for 7 years my doctors kept me on medication unnecessarily. If I had known then what I know now, I would have simply changed my lifestyle instead of destroying my body with dangerous chemicals and prescription medication.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Stick to the natural stuff
. Western medicine is garbage compared to the natural remedies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join