It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi king chides UK on terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Saudi king chides UK on terrorism

news.bbc.co.uk

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah has accused Britain of not doing enough to fight international terrorism, which he says could take 20 or 30 years to beat.
He was speaking in a BBC interview ahead of a state visit to the UK - the first by a Saudi monarch for 20 years.

He also said Britain failed to act on information passed by the Saudis which might have averted terrorist attacks.

King Abdullah is expected to arrive in the UK on Monday afternoon; his visit begins formally on Tuesday,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Strange passages at the end of spam emails, please help!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I am definitely not familiar with the workings of the Saudi government or there monarchs. It does seem like the stance on terrorism is a good one. I don't know what to think about his comments on U.K.s fight on terror. The U.K. has been fighting terror for probably forty years or so. During that time I think they have gotten rather good at it. Or so it seems to me.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The UK has been fighting the american (norad) funded IRA for that time - which is different in `type` for the fanatics seen from other countries , different approaches are needed - but if saudi arabia gave information why wasn`t it used?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I don't know why it would not be used. My first thought is that it was used but kept quiet. All of us little people are not privileged to things like that so we may never know what information was or was not used. I suppose there is the possibility that the information was not correct also.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I just find it strange that the Saudi king would be so vocal about terrorism. Last time I checked, Saudi Arabia was the home of a few notable terrorists. It would seem that they should take care of their own country before criticizing another.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Karl
yes they do have there own notable terrorists, just to my knowledge they do also fight there terrorists some what efficiently. If I am wrong with that please do tell.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Maybe King Abdullah is taking a swipe at the fact that there are more terrorists in Iraq then there before war . By just about all pre war justifications for the Iraq war has been a failure. That is where I think Abdullah could be coming from but if people have ideas feel free to share them .

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Yes, they have the perfect solution for terrorism. They point their terrorists in the direction of Iraq and give them their blessings.

With 45% of all foreign insurgents in Iraq being Saudi Arabians and supporting the Sunni faction, why do we never hear anything about their role in the problem? They've captured something like SIX Iranians in Iraq and it makes front page news, but nobody cares about the thousands of Saudis? The Iraqi people are predominantly Shia and the government they elected is predominantly Shia, therefore any military support that Iran gives to the Shias is helping to stabilize the country. U.S. soldiers are involved in less than 2% of the attacks in Iraq and we are almost NEVER told which faction is responsible, so I seriously doubt it's the side they'd like us to imagine it is.

And while I'm on this rant, WHO is arming the Saudi insurgents in Iraq? Any co-incidence that 190,000 US assault rifles are missing? If we're supposed to believe that Iran is supplying the Shias, the answer is obviously that the Sunnis have the weapons and are using them to overthrow the Iraqi government.

Yeah, I'm going to listen to Abdullah complain about terrorism..

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
therefore any military support that Iran gives to the Shias is helping to stabilize the country.

I think the statement above is not completely correct. No matter who is blowing up a police station or throwing gasoline on a child and setting him on fire it all works to destabilize the country.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
When they asked the King what he thought about the Bush policy on the possible preemptive attack he refused to comment... so the Prince did instead. Everything the Prince said about the policy was negative towards Bush.

top topics

join