It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time for the gas bill to go up. you turn your heat on yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
i was trying to wait till as long as possible to turn the heat on cause it really cranks the gas bill up.

in the summer, out gas bill is about $35 but in the winter it's about $350.

last winter my mother in law has a bill of more than $500

we really get bent round here as far as paying for heat goes.

anyway, it has been 61 in the house every damn day without the heat and i just couldn't take it anymore.
i turned it on last night before we went to bed and for the first time so far this year, i am sitting here, sipping my coffee, NOT freezing balls.

not looking forards to the bill though

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I turned my heat on last week for one very cold day...then I turned it on yesterday and it's still on.It snowed here a couple of times already.Nothing that stayed on the ground though.
Our gas bill ranges from $75 bucks in summer to $400 in winter.But we heat our water with gas too.More hot showers in the winter,

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

we heat our water with gas too.

it is outrageous though how much it goes up....$600-$1k gas bills are known to happen round here.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Wow! I would be moving!
But I live in a 1400 squarefoot townhouse.
Our rent is subsidized and our government gives us a $200 rebate for our heating bills every year.
We could be worse off.
Actually it is the electricity bill that kills me every month.
Despite being conservative.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

i have never had bills that high but i know people who have...gotta have insulation, put plastic on the windows and such.

i hot $370 last year and i think that was the highest. our electric is cheap. bout $60 a month in the summer, with the air on half the time or so

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

My electricity runs $150 in the summer, to $ 350 in the winter, but my water tank and furnace are a big part of that, as it is the electricity that kicks them on every time, and lots of it apparently.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
We turned the heat on for the first time this year last night only enough to kill the chill.

Will be using the fireplace as much as possible to keep the cost down. Mmmmm time for roasted marshmellows and smores.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So far, only once. for one cycle. Took the edge off.
Changed the filter.

We're off the beaten path, so I've got a 300 gallon Propane tank in the backyard. I can hear it laughing at me on some cold quite nights.

It's a hissing wheezing laugh..
Like this guy

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
We're having a heat wave, though it seems to be cooling off a bit now.

But I've never had to use the heat where I live. It is well insulated, up to code, and has good wiindows and seals. We just add longer pajamas or a light blanket and we're fine. My apartment is on the southwest side of the building so we get sun all day as well.

On the other hand, in the summer, my place is very hot. I don't want to spring for a portable air conditioner or the cooling bills, so I have a couple of ceiling fans that are just barely adequate. I've been running those for the past week.

Sorry to rub it in.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Oh how I do miss the fireplace we used to have before we moved.
Nothing takes the chill away like a roaring fire.
I never minded hauling, stacking and splitting the wood either.
Better than paying a high gas bill.

[edit on 30-10-2007 by AccessDenied]

new topics

top topics

join