It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earning money through advertisements/websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hey everyone.

Over the last few weeks i've been thinking about creating a website and to earn money off it. Current idea's popped into my head, such as having advertisements on the page and when ever it gets a hit, mullah is then trasferred into a streamline account.

I'm thinking of using google adsence, where money is earnt of advertisements.

Some other website ideas were:
- bidvertiser
- revenuePilor.com
- targetwords.com: Add text links, search boxes, full-page ad portals or banners to your site and earn $0.01-$0.08 per search through target words.

Could anyone suggest ideas that would be a good way to make money through a website?

I have a bit of experience in creating websites, but is there any advertisments that are allowed or could be used on myspace?

I know myspace does not support java (adsence) but is there any sites that allow advertisements to work through myspace.??

It would help me out alot if i could get some help on this topic.
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
For one thing, I'm not experienced with myspace, but I do remember in the T.O.A. it saying something about not inserting ads in the template.

The best way is to read the T.O.A. carefully and you can look at many other myspace pages to see if they have advertising on them. If it is ok then more than half of the spaces will have ads on them and everyone will be trying to make money off it.

Now with that said, my experience is in contextual advertising. You will get alot of people that will tell you how disappointed they are when it comes to contextual revenue especially Adsense. You have to realize that these companies don't make money by giving you a check. They make money by figuring ways not to give you that check!

You will always see discrepencies in your earnings report, like a 50 percent drop one month and when you write to them, they tell you some line of crap that the market is slow right now! But, they are just ripping you off because they know you are a small-timer just like everyone else and can not afford to sue them over $50.00! Even the bigtime people notice the fluxuation but not as badly.

I had a blog that earned $300.00 a month and when it peaked to three hundred they changed something and now it only makes $60.00 off of the same traffic. About 2,000 hits a day. They check your refferal links to see where the people are comming from. So if it's not from a link on a laggitamate site you won't get credited. The only way to make money is to have a proffessional site that pays for advertising and the visitors come from those advertisers.

A site like this forum has many of visitors a month so it can make enough to cover the coast of operation, but by far is it making a living off of it.

My advice would be not to waiste your time unless you have the money to invest in advertising your site and have legitamate link from other sites and not link list.

EDIT ADDED:

Speaking of advertisements on this site......

She looks like a good match for me!

[edit on 29-10-2007 by MrMysticism]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Try google's adsense. You should even combine it with your ATS blog (once they are resurrected from the dead). Easy money (if people are dumb enough to click on those pesky ads).

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yeah but there is no way in hell that anyones gonna get enough hits to amount to anything! If you call like $20.00 a month easy money than yes it is. And like I said, anyone that has used Adsense knows that they are a rip off!

So you are going to make $20.00 a month and you need $100.00 to get your first check. That means it will be 6 to 8 months before you even get your first check.

It is amazing how many people pump false B.S. about Adsense. Don't read any of the books out there about adsense. They are all false. If they new how to make money on Adsense they would be doing it and not selling books to make thier money.

I 20 years experience in computers and 5 years with Adsense. There is no free way to make money with Adsense, because when ever there is a way figured out, everyone starts doing it and the next month it is changed so that idea doesn't work!

You only make money by having alot of traffic like tens of thousands of hits a day!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism

A site like this forum has many of visitors a month so it can make enough to cover the coast of operation, but by far is it making a living off of it.

I understand I'm not going to be earning the big bucks. A forum would oviously be a great way to get more hits.
So off that topic just for a sec. Does anyone know any websites that could host forums?

The billing system of adsense = :bnghd:

I'll read up about it.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Here is a free forum hosting service you might want to look into. I'm not sure if you can stick ads on it though! I'm on a few forums hosted by it and it seems pretty solid!

www.invisionplus.net...

ALSO: It looks like my blog is gay friendly, look at the Google ad! :bnghd:

[edit on 5-11-2007 by MrMysticism]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahibelieve

I do this for a living, so I feel pretty qualified to comment on this.

Making money on the net is one of the toughest jobs you could ever have. My friends think I sit at home and take naps in piles of money since I work from home. They couldnt be further from the truth.

First- Adsense. Adsense is king in the word of PPC contextual advertising. It is possible to make huge amounts of money with Adsense (click here to see a $132,000 Adsense check), but 2 things are needed to make that money: Awesome content and traffic. You could build 500 monetized websites, but if nobody sees them, you wont make a dime.

Affiliate marketing is where the money is. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of aff. programs out there, the key is finding which ones offer the products you feel you could promote. For the big bucks, you need to find a niche that hasnt been overdone yet, and go to town on it with sites, advertising, offers, everything you can possibly think of. Instead of typing everything out here, it would be easier for those who have questions to U2U me.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Dont waste time building forums until you have a site to draw traffic to them. Doing so will only lead to disappointment and discouragement.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Ive covered my traffice flow to my website. I'm not bussiness minded at this point in time.

Does anyone know any good websites that allow you to upload on their servers?
preferrably for a bargain price.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahibelieve
Ive covered my traffice flow to my website. I'm not bussiness minded at this point in time.

Does anyone know any good websites that allow you to upload on their servers?
preferrably for a bargain price.

What are you looking to upload?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
upload files from dreamweaver.

I'm looking at

www.webhost.com.au...
where you can publish from dreamweaver directly to the web.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Check out Havads as well.

Like Slackerwire said, you want to get into affiliate marketing. These people who have $132,000 coming in from adsense have literally hundreds of Adsense optimized sites.

If you want any reading material, U2U me. I've got a friggin' library of the stuff on just about anything you can think of.

Oh, and you don't need money to advertise.

[edit on 2/25/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I believe freewebs.com has a forum option, it's all free too. I doubt you'll get much traffic with them though.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

So your site will make you money. Great.

What will it do for us?

You need to create content, and that content should be something people feel they should goto your site to see. The more content, and the more unique the content is, the more traffic you will have. Traffic is what is going to make you money. So don't worry about the money aspect right now...just work on building a site that diserves high traffic.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ditto, although it's hard to keep up to speed when I have to struggle working doubles ALL WEEK... - To pay my bills, when my site proves we shouldn't have to pay for electricity....
It's amazing I havn't gone mad, LOL! Yes, it all depends on content. - Content is KING!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I aggree that content is what is going to attract traffic. Although my idea isn't original, i'm pretty sure it will still attract lots of viewers. I'm in the middle of developing a duplicate of some of the "myspace bulletins" websites (containing surveys) which will attract the younger generation. I'll post the link after i have registered a domain, and is up and running successfully.
I'm using dreamweaver 8.0 to design the website, and it will be uploaded on a web hosting site, which i consider quite affordable per month on the Expert Plan.
www.ixwebhosting.com...

I know you can set up crawlers on google to publicise your site. But does anyone know any other great ways to direct traffic to my new starter site?

Thanks for the discussion guys.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Okay finally up.

www.networkzor.com

Keep in mind i'm 18, and havn't had much previous experience in web design. Any improvements suggestions?

[edit on 9-4-2009 by yeahibelieve]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
Yeah but there is no way in hell that anyones gonna get enough hits to amount to anything! If you call like $20.00 a month easy money than yes it is. And like I said, anyone that has used Adsense knows that they are a rip off!

So you are going to make $20.00 a month and you need $100.00 to get your first check. That means it will be 6 to 8 months before you even get your first check.

It is amazing how many people pump false B.S. about Adsense. Don't read any of the books out there about adsense. They are all false. If they new how to make money on Adsense they would be doing it and not selling books to make thier money.

I 20 years experience in computers and 5 years with Adsense. There is no free way to make money with Adsense, because when ever there is a way figured out, everyone starts doing it and the next month it is changed so that idea doesn't work!

You only make money by having alot of traffic like tens of thousands of hits a day!

My company makes a good deal of money from ad sense. It's easily the best ad network out there.

Sounds to me like you have sites with topics that aren't based around a very competitive market. The amount of money you make with ad-sense depends alot on what your content is. If the site is based around keywords that have big markets, then the amount you get for advertising increases alot. Get a top 5 ranking on a keyword where the google paid results costs $8-$10 per click and the ad sense will bring in some good extra cash.

If you are going to throw some ad sense code on a site that has just general content, you probably won't make very much. I can't imagine that ATS is raking in all that much cash with ad sense, but high traffic numbers will make it add up even if they get below average numbers on their individual ads.

I don't know about those ads and such that talk about adsense. I'd have to say they are mostly a scam of some sorts. Getting cash for web ads isn't something I'd base a business model around. And you certainly aren't going to throw up a website and get rich. I mostly use ad sense on sites that already make cash in other ways.

For most people, I'd say they are lucky if they make enough from ads to pay for their hosting.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahibelieve
Okay finally up.

www.networkzor.com

Keep in mind i'm 18, and havn't had much previous experience in web design. Any improvements suggestions?

I can't comment too much because of NDA's, but this URL is a bad practice IMO.

www.networkzor.com...

I would recommend keeping all URLs and links in lower case. And rather than using spaces, use an underscore.

Better url:

www.networkzor.com...

But the "Base Pages" part of the structure isn't good practice either. It doesn't really describe a deeper part of the site or anything.

Best url:

www.networkzor.com...

[edit on 8-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I have a bit of experience in creating websites, but is there any advertisments that are allowed or could be used on myspace?

That, I'm afraid would be a violation of Myspace's terms & conditions. Myspace does however allow you to advertise your own website, but using ads in terms of revenue is a violation.

I personally use Google Adsense. You can choose whether you want text ads, image ads or both to feature on your website. They also have a great turnover for ad success. Another great thing is you don't need a specific visitor amount in order to use their services.

new topics

top topics

join