It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Esa shows images of green trees and forests?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Today i read this article that some guy called norman bryden found some interesting stuff on the surface of mars.This from photographs obtained from esa.
There are craters and river slopes that are filled with extraterrestrial biological life in the form of trees and other plant life.

And they still keep the silence about this.. Its a shame.

to me sometimes it looks like if its the shadow that gives that green glace on that the sandrims. but i could be wrong.

I think this is new material finding . Take look at these pictures. And tell me what u think.?

source: ufoarea.com

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review This Link

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
interesting there are lots of pictures of what appears to be plant life and the sort on mars. but there pictures and i can garuntee you if they're on the internet if they had truth to them they'd be taken down. idonno i believe theres alot more to mars than nasa lets us know but at the same time i dont think the truth is sitting on the internet somewhere. great find though starred and flagged

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I hate to point this out - but I think those colors are actually computer generated later to help differentiate various features. I don't think they are the true colors of the surface...

Jimbo

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hmmm... Well, here's a satellite image of a real forest on Earth. Notice anything different?

jra

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
There are craters and river slopes that are filled with extraterrestrial biological life in the form of trees and other plant life.

You make the assumtion that it's plant life simply because it looks green? Have you considered that these photos may be false colour?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

You make the assumtion that it's plant life simply because it looks green? Have you considered that these photos may be false colour?

ya could be. but its not me who found this and i hope someone could tell me if its real or just shadows with bad colouring.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yep going to go with false coloring because this really isnt a picture, its a computer image, and when a comp takes an image it does color correctioning things to adjust for better exposure, etc.

But i still hope theres life, just not in those pics.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I'm afraid I can't see any vegitation here. Certainly there are some impressive channels which may have contained water millions of years ago when Mars was wetter.

Mars cannot support vegitation like trees etc as the atmospheric pressure is to small and the atmosphere very thin. I think any signs of vegitation in these pictures is largely wishful thinking!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
And they still keep the silence about this.. Its a shame.

Nobody is keeping silent. These photos have been released to public for a few years now. It's just that we realize that these are false color images, and that green does not mean life. The green materials in this photo are not really green.

The imaging experts assign different colors to different materials or lighting intensities to make them stand out more, so they can study them more easily. They could have just as easily assigned purple or orange to be the color for the things that are showing up green. If they were purple, you would not have even thought twice about this being vegitation.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yeah that looks really cool, but who's to say that "trees" are gonna be green on every planet. Scientists theorize that every thing in the cosmos is gonna be as it is on Earth and I have to disagree, although I am not the most educated person of course. But just think about it for a sec...

Of course life is out there some where, but I think we won't be able to recognize it because it's not going to fit the description that we have on Earth.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysConfused

That's not exactly true: The part where you say scientists theorize that everything in the multiverse is going to be like Earth. The only reason why they're searching for Earth like locations is because we're certain life can exist in such a location. Not because it's the only possible path.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
In my opinion, it looks like a type of mass collected algae or bacteria.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
In my opinion, it looks like a type of mass collected algae or bacteria.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by VveaponS2K

Again...this is a FALSE COLOR image. The green material isn't really green. It's probably some other shade of reddish-brown. The original raw pictures are black and white, and scientists assign different colors to shades of grey based on their intensity as seen through different filters.

Scientists assign contrasting false colors to different materials to better study them. They can make one type of soil look green, another look purple, and another brown. they do this to help them tell where different types of soil are located.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

While these images have been around a while, according to some folks, though I too have not run across them before, this is still interesting for another reason.

Sure, false colors. But look at the amount of detail. Look at just how sharp everything is. Now if these were released like this from NASA, it opens up a real can of worms.

If NASA can take such pictures of Mars, clear and clean and crisp in an area of dunes and mountains, then why the Sam Hill does all the pictures of more "interesting" features always look like they were shot through a whiskey tumbler?

If there's nothing to hide, and they obviously have the capability to take such clear pictures of the surface, then why does the world have to wade through thousands of out of focus, pixalated junk?

Good job, Observer1. A big

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's amazing how some pictures are clear and some are out of focus or something. In the last two pictures when I scan to the right and right below the green color there's a few marks like from paintshop or something. You know like brush strokes that don't belong there. Why is that there?

I am wondering if there is life teaming underneath the surface of mars and in some deep caves. I know life exist here in the most extreme places.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
While these images have been around a while, according to some folks, though I too have not run across them before, this is still interesting for another reason.
Yes, they have been around for some time, I have that image on my computer and the file date is July 2005.

Sure, false colors. But look at the amount of detail. Look at just how sharp everything is. Now if these were released like this from NASA, it opens up a real can of worms.

From the ESA page where that image can be found:

The colour image has been created from the nadir and three colour channels.

If NASA can take such pictures of Mars, clear and clean and crisp in an area of dunes and mountains, then why the Sam Hill does all the pictures of more "interesting" features always look like they were shot through a whiskey tumbler?
I don't understand what you are saying, these images are not from NASA and NASA can take pictures with a bigger resolution.

If there's nothing to hide, and they obviously have the capability to take such clear pictures of the surface, then why does the world have to wade through thousands of out of focus, pixalated junk?
Maybe because they do not know that there are great quality images, but if that is the case then NASA is no to blame, they have made their publicity, that is how I know about them.

This is a false colour image with a 26.1 cm/pixel resolution taken by HiRISE.

Is that good enough for you?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You are right, naturally. These are ESA images. What I didn't make clear was the same technology is available to NASA. So if we are contemplating a return to the Moon and then on to Mars, as they say we are, then why not get the clearest pictures possible?

I would think that it is evident that NASA released material is not of this quality. Surely the PR value alone would be of more consideration than the cost.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Did nobody see the marks I was talking about. The green lines to the right and right below the green color of so called trees or algae. What is that?

Click on picture to see where I circled.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 11/10/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I don't see anything that jumps out at me here. I may be looking in the wrong place, as I didn't find the forest either.

But after searching high and low, the entire right lower quadrant of the picture, I don't see anything odd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join