It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Planet be depopulated

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Langolier

Do you really have any idea wow slowly we're "decreasing?" Do you know what a "plateau" is? That's what the rate of decrease looks like as far as human depopulation, with spikes in 3rd world nations.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Lang, their are a number of reasons why we reproduce some are to replace numbers some is just personal choice but our actions do have an impact on the world as a whole.

Take the current trend in the UK, many young women some of them teenagers saw the means of getting pregnant as to provide them with a home and bennefits so they dont have to work. Now we have the largest population of underage pregnancies in Europe.

That was done by choice but those choices were made because conditions were such that it allowed them to do so. Thats what I'm getting at we as a society have responsibilities and its through education and knowledge that we can bring about change.

Thats the problem today, people think they can do what they like but they cannot because ultimately a point will be reached where tough decisions have to be made and it would be better to change midsets now rather than waiting for a disaster to happen.

Common sense tells us that you plan for the future and for unforseen circumstances, what you and others are advocating is to do nothing till were are all in trouble, well that goes against all logic. The fact of the matter is is that there is all ready to many people on this Planet and we should take the decision now to do something about it.

As I have said be fore there is no need for draconian measures, use education and let nature take its course. People today are too selfish, there are too many saying I want loads of kids without a seconds thought as to the impact that will have , well nobody needs large families anymore and you can see this at work in the western world where populations are relatively stable.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Lang, their are a number of reasons why we reproduce some are to replace numbers some is just personal choice but our actions do have an impact on the world as a whole.

*snipped to save space*

People do not need large families, but they do want to pass on their genes. That's what drives reproduction. Some people also just wish to raise children because they want a family. We shouldn't be asking what we can do to depopulate the Earth but rather what we can do to support a larger population in the future.

Again, what will you do with the 3rd world, especially if it starts industrializing? If you want to encourage people not to have kids just for the monetary benefits then by all means by my guest. If you want to start up an organization that preaches not having kids then I think you are free to do so.

Tough decisions are good and all, but they are also pointless if you have no way to enforce the decisions that are made. Quite simply, you won't be able to short of secretly sterilizing several billion people. Something which is quite risky because you might wind up with a population that shrinks more rapidly than you want it to.

Perhaps we shouldn't be asking "What can we do to reduce population growth to sustainable levels?" We don't need to shrink the population, we don't need to grow un-checked, what we need to do is grow at reasonable rate. We have plenty of resources at our disposal now that are simply not used ass efficiently as they should be. That is what we need to change.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The current population of the Earth is unsustainable. 6 billion people are alive today only because we are literally feeding on oil and coal and other non-renewable resources. Our food is grown with machines that run on petroleum, built in factories run on petroleum; the fertilizers and pesticides are made from petroleum, the food is transported by petroleum. Even "renewable resources" like solar panels, nuclearreactors, wind power plants are built using machines and factories and humans powered by petroleum. Petroleum is running out and getting more expensive in the meantime. You can't escape the laws of thermodynamics. When energy is no longer avilable, no more food...end of overpopulation.

Unfortunately, the ravening hoardes will eat all the domestic animals and probably kill off all the wild animals in the process before they finally starve to death. The world we leave will be populated by rats and roaches; even they will be in short supply as they feed off of our wastes. However, in a billion years or so, the earth will have revived herself...

The responsible thing to do would be to hold a lottery and the 1 in ten that win get to kill off all the rest; then mandatory 1 child per woman forever. Penalty of having a second kid should be immediate execution of the mother and father. Of course, man is not logical, nor is he responsible and he will kill off the rest of the earth to save his pitiful life one more day, even if he knows that he is dooming the future generations.

Here is a frightening report; just released today.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
WOW!! magicmushroom, your subject has grown with lots of replies. Over population is a problem but I do see a solution.

Now these are just a start of underwater ocean hotels and if they work then imagine bigger scale models of apartments and communities in the ocean. The earth is around 71% ocean and 29% land. We need to start building under our oceans or even on top of them.

[edit on 11/18/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Sorry guys and gals I tried to fix the last video to no luck. So here's the hyper link.
1,200 square feet under the ocean

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Be careful what you wish for.

Virus sounds about right. Fort Detrick was where the famous rare, weaponized anthrax originated.

According to Ari Fleisher, happens to be a Jew, addmitted under pressure at press brief, that the Bush Cabinet was on Cipro 2 weeks before Anthrax case #1.

Poison water supplies, Chemtrails, tainted China food, SARS, Bird Flu, bees are gone, poison vaccinations, sterility birth control pills for 14yr olds in public schools, cell phones, Wi-Fi, RFID chips grow tumors as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The folks that want to save the planet, and vote for depopulation on mass scale are lost souls.

I have studied this, the folks that push save the planet are good intention hippies and hemp clothes recyclers. They are the ones that Bible warned would have good cause, but fatally would have been backed by elites who want to dominate us, have another agenda and have convinced us to be their dupes.

They know information age will awake the masses to their centuries long criminal agendas.

FINAL SOLUTION .......KILL OFF THE MASSES !

Rule those 200 Million left that serve their masters and the rest can serve their planet.

The have the clone and DNA human helix cracked. They will ban private research on ethical grounds and of course it is already in stages in underground labs, working with DOD and Army, not NBA as we could use clones in sports.

Basically Genie is out of the bag, we are playing God, and the Gods don't want any more speed bumps like protest or disention.

The tasers are cranking out faster than the microwave guns and pulse weapons, sound weapons, ect. so get ready for the toys they have already, they are killing us on day to day regularity with soft kill weapons for our Bx in public and in our homes with no penalty or suspension !

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Save the planet ties in with above depopulation agenda. Brainwash and also heavy taxes and fines on polluters of Kyoto agreement will pay to the masters of Al Gore and Bush and Clintons. The globalist will have both money and control of polluters, which is most everyone including USA ! And have earthings see "GIA" or whatever that call earth when the globalist elite worship mother earth.

The father of the WEATHER CHANNEL said in Nov 2007 that SAVE THE PLANET is a scam !

Follow the money and who is backing the well intention hippies that drive a Prius, Like Bill Maher.

Bill admitted to CIA guest that "Bill disagrees, that US blood and treasure is well spent protecting Israel from the evil doers"

The guest was father of Patriot Act and Father of Toture manual, accept Napalm, clusters, Carpet bombing, firebombs, MOAB, Daisy Cutters, AC130 gunships ect. he advised againt Iraq from start however..hmmm

Says to Bill, "I wish Isreal well, and all the luck, but we are not their for interest of Israel and don't want to spend our treason and blood, not 1 more cent worth.

Then Bill spilled the beans and admits he is an Isreali firster. Now Bill "Agrees with Bush & Dick on 9/11 official fiction.

Bill smiles and greets guests by announcing "Blackwater is my new Security" so bring it on truthers ?

I guess Bill is owned by Zionist as his best friend Dennis Miller of Fox News Bush Empire Bootlickers.

Fox queer show "RED EYE' starts show with poll of 9/11 doubters and cites they are crazy and attacks them for their doubt in OBL hunt and 9/11 events.

mocking bird program for sure

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Again, I don't think killing anyone is necessary. All we need to do is limit births with a discreet program of random sterilization. Random in order to keep a healthy genetic mix going. Not genocide or any kind of attempt at eugenics. Just fewer of all kinds of people so we can at least buy some time to try to figure out a level of optimum sustainability.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
How bout we just stop putting all our money into counterproductive militaries and put them into social, environmental, and industrial research. Agriculture and genetics for food. Figure out how to build those vertical cities and pyramid cities on the Discovery channel and you could instantly start turning the 3rd world into the model for the future. It would be the perfect place to start, they need help and have space to build. Knock down 1000 unsanitary shacks and make room for 10,000 homes with the latest technology. They sounded pretty close to figuring it out on the show. We just have to cut the habit of blowing our stuff up before we put that many people in one place.

But then again, that would make too much sense.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Cattle in America eat world supply of grain per year to feed whole world if there were no meat eating Americans to graze away the grain.

Feed the world or have a tender steak and burger.?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Give Ron Paul 4yrs and lets see what America can accomplish, what we can eliminate which we thought were permanent drain on economy on liberties such as DEA, IRS, HomeLand Security, Nation Building, Regime changing.

Paul will listen to the people , he is a libertarian populist, old school GOP Republican constitutionalist.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
My 8th grade teacher told us to never EVER donate money to feed people in 3rd world countries. I have a good heart, but think he was right. He said it wont be good if they continue to grow, because then space will start filling with just too many people.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by vanosman
The folks that want to save the planet, and vote for depopulation on mass scale are lost souls.

I have studied this, the folks that push save the planet are good intention hippies and hemp clothes recyclers. They are the ones that Bible warned would have good cause, but fatally would have been backed by elites who want to dominate us, have another agenda and have convinced us to be their dupes.

They know information age will awake the masses to their centuries long criminal agendas.

FINAL SOLUTION .......KILL OFF THE MASSES !

Rule those 200 Million left that serve their masters and the rest can serve their planet.

The have the clone and DNA human helix cracked. They will ban private research on ethical grounds and of course it is already in stages in underground labs, working with DOD and Army, not NBA as we could use clones in sports.

Basically Genie is out of the bag, we are playing God, and the Gods don't want any more speed bumps like protest or disention.

The tasers are cranking out faster than the microwave guns and pulse weapons, sound weapons, ect. so get ready for the toys they have already, they are killing us on day to day regularity with soft kill weapons for our Bx in public and in our homes with no penalty or suspension !

you sir should be first killed. someone throw him a bucket of cold water and slap him.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
I think depopulation is inevitable, whether it's man-made or not. The Earth is a living thing, and it's gunna try and shake itsself of the virus we've become.

I agree... The planet is huge and we are small.. When it decides, no more, we are history, nothing we can do about it... Go ahead and dig a tunnel and live in it, you will most likely be crushed during an earthquake... I like the statement "the virus we've become" because I don't see us as a virus, because we have the potential to live in harmony with the Earth, but with our current living conditions we are not doing this... We are acting more like a virus

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join