It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What crashed at Roswell? Please explain your answer.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
Is it me or is it believable that government is pissed about Roswell incident being so popular?

I think they are so pissed because they started it, lol.

Me, I'm still a little divided on the matter. People have made good claims that its the Mogul project. Then again there are many good arguments against it too. Something crashed, that's for sure.

It wouldnt surprise if the UFO story is the cover story, not the Mogul story. The general simply thought "hey, UFOs are popular today lets say it was a UFO instead of a secret project, problem solved!"

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

Lol, yeah, but what about this, though?

This video is supposed to be from Roswell incident.

www.alienvideo.net...

And that's the same alien you can find in another autopsy video, too.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I dont buy the autopsy videos. They just dont make sense to me, unless the its the 10,000th alien the military got to slice apart or something. Its far too shoddy and quick.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Anyone who believes a ufo crashed at Roswell is truly delusional and must seek a mental expert. It is plain stupidity to even consider such outrageous theories which create further speculation and confusion. C'mon people you're smarter than this.

Please review this link and inform yourself. These are the facts. Any intelligent and rational person will see that the massive amount of evidence presented is truthful and it's facts totally debunk all speculative theories.
www.af.mil...

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Observer_PR]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
I dont buy the autopsy videos. They just dont make sense to me, unless the its the 10,000th alien the military got to slice apart or something. Its far too shoddy and quick.

...and why is it that only American government staff have caught them, whereas not a single other person on the planet has done so (including American civilians)? It seems that alien contact is limited to US government personel only. It doesn't make sense...

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ok, I've pretty much stated this in WAY more detail previously, but I'll sum up here...

Was it Project Mogul? No. If one wishes to believe that the top intelligence officer of the world's ONLY atomic bomber wing base (at the time) could somehow mistake balsa wood and tin foil for something otherworldly, that is certainly his or her right, but it is illogical to do so. In addition, Mogul used off the shelf parts (as stated by the Mogul engineers themselves), the only thing classified about it was it's purpose, that's it. It certainly would not have resulted in debris being collected and shipped to Wright Field, Fort Worth, and Washington (and these shipments are documented in the press (and military actions) and are irrefutable facts). In some cases, Mogul balloons were lost and left to rot in the desert with little to no recovery effort (why bother for off the shelf parts). Why would they go to such lengths for this one? Easy, no way it was Mogul.

How about an ET craft? Simply put, this is the most logical explanation. If whatever crashed (and everyone admits something did, whether ufologist, skeptic, or military) was from a top secret project or foreign power, it was 1947 tech, and would have NO reason to still be classified 60 years later... Something crashed, and that something was taken to the main facilities for studying foreign tech. So, one either believes that we recovered something from a foreign power on Earth, that is so special, it's STILL classified 60 years later, (when even stealth tech isn't so classified), or we recovered a craft from beyond this planet.

How about a flying saucer reverse engineered from Nazi technology which was, in turn, reverse engineered from a flying saucer made by inhabitants of the Inner Earth? Again, same problem with the foreign power origin. Also, if the Nazi's had a craft capable of reaching NM, we'd all be speaking German right now. If built using PaperClip scientists, we'd still be faced with the problem of why 60 year old tech wouldn't have eventually made it into production (if it worked) or at least been declassified (if it didn't work). Such fantasies simply don't follow the logic.

How about something even weirder that I haven't even thought of or heard of yet? Sure, it could be weirder, but it wouldn't fit the evidence. Taking all of the evidence into account (the witness testimony (including officers from sergeants to brigadier generals), the military's actions, the military's own press release, the holding of Mac Brazel following the event, the erroneous reports by the Air Force investigators (High Dive Dummies seen as aliens, even though the tests were 5 years after Roswell?), and the documented facts (such as debris shipments to foreign tech facilities), and of course, the Ramey memo....an alien craft is simply the logical conclusion for a solution that fits all of the evidence.

...and why is it that only American government staff have caught them, whereas not a single other person on the planet has done so (including American civilians)? It seems that alien contact is limited to US government personel only. It doesn't make sense...

Other governments have claimed recoveries (the USSR most notably, when it existed in earnest)... As for civilians, nothing of such a nature would remain in the hands of a civilian for very long, and it is quite easy to keep civilians quiet (a new pickup and seed money for a business seemed to work for Mac Brazel, for many decades...). Even Roswell was initially a civilian recovery. In 1947 though, we trusted our government. These days, the "finder" would be dealt with in other ways, no doubt (such as a one-way trip to Gitmo and a changed name to Mohammed, for example).

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer_PR
Anyone who believes a ufo crashed at Roswell is truly delusional and must seek a mental expert.

I could say the same thing about someone who believes what an af.mil webpage says about roswell.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Anyone who believes a ufo crashed at Roswell is truly delusional and must seek a mental expert. It is plain stupidity to even consider such outrageous theories which create further speculation and confusion. C'mon people you're smarter than this.

Anyone who believes the Government/Military have nothing to hide or have the public's best interest at hand, is truly delusional.

Why such aggressiveness towards people who believe a UFO crashed at Roswell? Does the Air Force pay you to post these things, or you do it on your own free time?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This video is kinda interesting if you've got the time.....

video.google.co.uk...

To summarize for those who don't have the time, it's a physics lecture from Berkely in 2006 and talks about waves and Project Mogul. Sound waves travelling in air at a certain altitude travel further and are easier to pick up. This can be used to detect nuclear explosions in other parts of the world. The microphones had to be super-sensitive and the best available at that time was a central microphone mounted on four springs inside a round frame. This was called a disk microphone. Therefore the initial claim of crashed flying disks was correct, it was the shorthand for disk microphones that were attached to the Mogul balloons.

Well worth a watch!!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Nothing crashed. Some debris were found. Nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

not only all the physical objects that the craft managed to fly around in space but the radiation out there that if they had the technology to shield themselves from its harmful effects then a radar beam regardless of frequency shouldn't bother the navigation controls ------unless for some strange reason the ets turned off their shielding upon entering earths atmosphere-----but why do that?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

there are supposed to be laws against committing indignities to a human corpse------the aliens in the video look close enough in my view to our likeness that if real we should be just burying them not cutting them up for a "science class project"

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
Nothing crashed. Some debris were found. Nothing out of the ordinary.

So you're saying that debris is an ordinary part of ground vegitation?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

By now Roswell has become myth without substance, and there really are no more whistleblowers around to bring the truth to the surface anyway. Sadly there may never be a resolution to this mystery...

As Stanton Friedman said (something to the effect of), Roswell is a race with the Grim Reaper, and the Reaper is winning....

For me, there's one simple matter....the military's behavior.

The flights to Wright Field, Fort Worth, and Washington are a matter of record. Indeed, Marcel was posing in Fort Worth for the now infamous pictures (in which two of the three men state wasn't the actual debris).

It simply doesn't make sense that the Army would ship Mogul debris to these places, when any kid can correctly identify the materials in Mogul as earth-made.

Then, the laughable report citing the dummies from High Dive as causing the alien rumors....??? You've got to be kidding me....

Something was recovered. It wasn't Mogul, and the military cared enough about it to:

1. Send it to the best places for study
2. Keep it classified for 60 years
3. Intimidate witnesses

One can believe the Mogul coverstory if they like, but it simply doesn't fit with the military's own actions.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That...was the best written explanation I have EVER seen on the Roswell crash. Better than all the documentaries I have seen on Roswell ( and to date I believe I have seen them all) .

Why you ask...you summed it all up in just a few paragraphs, and brought the truly relevant, important, FACTS about the incident to light, in one post.

Very well thought out and articulated Gazrok. Excellent points made, I'd give you 50 stars if I could. Cudo's.

Hard to debunk FACTS..

[edit on 29-10-2007 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

I don't think any UFO crashed at any time, yet I do wonder about this one:
From this online book

In 1995, just after I had completed the manuscript for my second edition in August,
an "Aurora" crashed and burned near La Luz, New Mexico, just to the north of
Alamogordo and Holloman Air Force Base. This material developed too late for me to
include in the second edition.
Around five days after the crash, while at the intersection of Old Pecos Trail and
Rodeo Road at the southeast corner of Santa Fe, I saw a gray, 'pug-nosed' stake bed
truck which had exited 1-25 from the south, as it stopped at a light. It had a CIA license
plate on the center front of its bumper. As it turned left to go west on Rodeo Road—
which goes across the south side of Santa Fe—I noticed that it had a tarpaulin on its bed
covering some debris. It went west to Cerrillos Road, turned north to Siler Road, then
made a left down Siler, and took a right down a street leading to a recycling center which
I often went to. There, it unloaded its 'salvage'.
The following day, I examined the debris, and even dissasssembled a component.
The salvage included the following (drawn to the best of my recollection):
(me, not shown here)
The debris was blackened from the burning, and someone had taken a sledge
hammer to the dish, in attempt to deface it, but failed to break a single "power-vac". The
entire assembly appeared to be a high-amperage switching system which carried 15.5 Kv
current to two places at a time, totalling twelve in all, in bipolar pairs. This seemed to
confirm the rumor that the "Aurora" could hover and use "UFO-like" electro-propulsive
technology, in addition to its normal turbojet power.

I like the part where he followed the CIA truck.
How does one know this.
He got banned from this salvage lot as usual.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
I have personally seen a UFO but nothing about it really suggested aliens apart from it being impossible in terms of known human capabilities.

Impossible human capabilities? Kinda of like patting your head and rubbing your stomach simultaneously??

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Anyone who believes a ufo crashed at Roswell is truly delusional and must seek a mental expert.

You've gotta be kidding, right?

I swear it's like I'm living in the matrix.

There have been TONS of credible witnesses who saw a UFO crash in the desert in 1947, not to mention the death bed statement of a man who actually SAW the debris first hand. This does NOT mean it was an alien craft, but certainly a UFO. If you want to brush that all off, fine. Just don't tell us that we need to see a mental expert because you honestly can't say with 100% certainty what really crashed in that desert, because you were not there.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Unsolved Mysteries 1- UFOs Roswell_1stVDO

See the UM with Robert Stack Roswell re creation.

If re created it could have been created the same way.

Witnesses not having a full inspection of anything and being chased out
under insane orders.

What gets me is the heads look like monkeys and the Alien art didn't
evolve yet to the Walton gray era, which had live people running after
him with make up on to sedate him lest he realize he was in a secret base.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

Thanks 1nL1ghtened....

If you really want to see more, check this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join