It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange plane on Boeing commercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Whats is this strange plane on this Boeing commercial?
Its at 8 seconds into the video, 2 people are standing on the right aircraft.
video.boeing.com:8080...

It kinda looks like the B2, but I don't see the bumps each side for the jet engine intakes.
Plus the footage is dark and short, I would love to see a frame brightened to see it.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
hmmm interesting looks triangular..... maybe a uav?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Files

can you provide a link to the page? I can't seem to open that file type .asx?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Looks kinda like the Boeing X-45 to me...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 10/26/2007 by racerzeke]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It is the X-45C, a larger version of the X-45A.

Below is a screen shot of the UAV from the video and an image of the X-45C for comparison.

Image from Boeing video.

Image of X-45C from Boeing's website.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thanks ALLOT for all the information everyone!

That plane looks insanely futuristic, I'll be researching into it....

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
if you notice in the bottom pic the plane is leaning on the side they are standing on could it be hovering

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It certainly does look very futuristic, like something out of a sci-fi film.

Is this our triangular shaped UFO with the three lights underneath? It does look like there are lights under it at each corner.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xbrendanx

If you notice the shape of the hangar doors, or rather the distortion of them, you'll realize that the picture was taken with a nasty old (near fisheye - the true fisheye lens includes the whole 180 degree hemisphere in front of the camera) wide angle lens - perhaps a 14mm lens on a 35mm camera - the usual wide angle lens for a 35mm camera is about 28mm, shorter than that creates major distortions.

If you have never used such a lens, let me assure you that it distorts shape so much that it is nigh-on impossible for the photographer to achieve a level 'horizon' - so it's not leaning to one side - note the difference in apparent height of the base of the hangar doors in the background from one side to the other - also note the apparent curvature of the panel lines of the floor paneling (very artistic, but not the usual hangar floor material).

The camera wasn't level!

The Winged Wombat

[edit on 28/10/07 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey
It certainly does look very futuristic, like something out of a sci-fi film.

Is this our triangular shaped UFO with the three lights underneath? It does look like there are lights under it at each corner.

if you didnt say that i wouldent have noticed thank you i thinke we found it

and in this pic you can really see the lights

and i looked through over 100 pics to try to find one of the bottom of the plane but not one of the bottom

are they not showing the bottom because it will be to identifible

[edit on 28-10-2007 by xbrendanx]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
@xbrendanx

Its nice to see you're eager, however i think you need to calm it on the Aurora side of things. The top image youve posted i believe has been well debunked. I have however just returned from the pub and am not in a state to search for it. However I am sure another fine upstanting member of this forum knows where to look

Jensy

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

They're not even close to the same plane. The X-45C hasn't even flown yet. Neither has the X-45B, but just look at them. The top pic you posted has a perfectly straight trailing edge, and the X-45 has a sawtooth. There's no way that they could be confused.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You can find that commercial and anotehr that shows a BWB on the Boeing website.

I posted a thread on the commercial that has the BWB in it:
ATS: Boeing Commercial w/ BWB

You can also find test flight video on the NASA web page for the X-48B.
X-48B First Test Flight

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

The X-45C hasn't even flown yet. Neither has the X-45B, but just look at them.

x-45a

x-45b

but i couldent find x-45c

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If the second one is an X-45B, then why is X-45A written in big letters across the bottom of the left wing?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
For those confused about the X-45 family;

The X-45A was the first vehicle produced by Boeing for the J-UCAS programme; the X-45B was to be an enlarged version of the X-45A. This was cancelled without ever flying due to the USAF wanting a larger vehicle and so the X-45C was born. This is the aircraft in the Westpoint’s pic and was itself cancelled when the USAF dropped out of J-UCAS. This led to the X-45N which was a navalised version of the X-45C intended to take part in the USN’s UCAS-D programme but Boeing lost out to Northrop with their X-47B. Though, IIRC, it was in the manufacture phase the X-45N will not fly either.

top topics

join