It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WoT, can we be human here for a bit?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagle32

are you offering a story from the side of an orphan in a wartorn country to me for interest reasons or are you in someway having a pop at me for only providing a story from a fictional soldier?

[edit on 28/10/07 by eagle32]

[edit on 28/10/07 by eagle32]

Actually, i was having a pop at you for evading the wrath of the mods, but i wasn't insulting you, i just got a bit tetchy when you thanked him for the fair decision, and didn't explain myself fully.

If you want me to explain why i had an emotional reaction, it wasn't so much the statement but the story you provided.

You spared no thought for the enemy.

In many places around the world where our forces (yes, american AND british) we are facing people who know nothing other than oppression and conflict - the same could be said about places in africa too, but that's a different story.

They are fighting a war for their country too, many of them will have come from destroyed homes and families.

I'm not picking out 'right and wrong' here either.

In the face of such a passionate enemy, can we afford to be merciful?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thanks for your honesty.
I just made a story from one characters point of view.
I have tried to talk on behalf of those on the opposing side, the inhumanities and such, this is what got me into bother in the first place.
I was flamed for speaking against what is happening, I was then name called childishly and the admin did something about it, thats why I thanked him for not ignoring it. I didn't evade anything?

I see that no matter what stance I take, unless I somehow do the impossible and make a post that pleases all sides that I am going to be attacked.

lol, I cant win.
I dont think I will bother joining in with these sensitive war subjects anymore.
Ill stick with UFO's and fun stuff.

Thanks for the chat anyway.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eagle32

It wasn't my decision. I am not a mod just a member. I was just pointing out why a decision like that is made. Like I said, passionate discussion is encouraged, personal attacks or insults are not.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
A whole hearted Thank you to 'Skeptic Overlord' for spanking me for stating my intense disdain at an obvious troll who trash talked our troops. Thank you sir, May I have another. I responded to his viciousness and degradation in kind. So be it. My 'Red badge of honor'.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Geez Louis, if my telling a troll they were a cowardly little weasel was so offensive why does it still post. This confuses me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join