It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kecksburg re-opened: NASA to search files on UFO incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Kecksburg re-opened: NASA to search files on UFO incident

cnews.canoe.ca

NASA has agreed to search its archives once again for documents on a 1965 UFO incident in Pennsylvania, a step the space agency fought in federal court.

The government has refused to open its files about what, if anything, moved across the sky and crashed in the woods near Kecksburg, Pa., 40 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.

Traffic was tied up in the area as curiosity seekers drove to the area, only to be kept away from the crash site by soldiers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
From what we know about the Kecksburg incident its relatively safe to say the meteor story is a weak cover. I don't think its too often that soldiers are deployed for fallen meteors but I could be wrong. Eyewitnesses describe:

Eyewitnesses said a flatbed truck drove away a large object shaped like an acorn and about the size of a Volkswagon bus.

Sounds like NASA just wants this to go away, nice to see a push though to get the truth out.

cnews.canoe.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I expect no answer to this question, really. But what would a "civilian" agency like NASA have to do with military records of something that happened there?

Did they have people on site? Does the military usually report to them on such things?

And worst of all, would they tell the truth anyway?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
That mess cost a reporter his life. Trying to tell people what had happened through witness reports was all-set for release just-just before the witnesses said NO. I do-not agree to my statement or give permission to release my (verbal) interview.

An unbelievable account of just part of the strangeness of the Kecksburg Incident.
NASA? I can't see any interest or involvement by NASA in the start-middle or end, with exception of metallurgy.

Dallas

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Civilian agency? Since when did NASA become SETI. NASA will also go public with their new announcement of their aim as a defense organization rather than exploration.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

I was being "tounge-in cheek"on that civilian part. NASA always claims that they are not part of the military. FEMA does the same thing, yet both of them seem more and more to be an arm of the military.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
I expect no answer to this question, really. But what would a "civilian" agency like NASA have to do with military records of something that happened there?

Did they have people on site? Does the military usually report to them on such things?

And worst of all, would they tell the truth anyway?

That's the question. If the military is downplaying the event as being a meteor why so much interest. As per the article:

“They could not find anything,” one Air Force memo stated after a late-night search on Dec. 9, 1965. Several NASA employees also were reported to have been at the scene.

It does appear as though NASA was on site but as to what extent who knows. Your comment on getting the truth is noted and I concur that even if further details are revealed I doubt very much if the incident pertained to non terrestrial material we, the public, would be told.

brill

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
That mess cost a reporter his life. Trying to tell people what had happened through witness reports was all-set for release just-just before the witnesses said NO. I do-not agree to my statement or give permission to release my (verbal) interview.

An unbelievable account of just part of the strangeness of the Kecksburg Incident.
NASA? I can't see any interest or involvement by NASA in the start-middle or end, with exception of metallurgy.

Dallas

Yes the reporter in question, John Murphy, was undoubtedly taken out for either what he witnessed or was about to come clean on. I think I read somewhere that all his notes were all stolen shortly thereafter. Can it be any more obvious that he was professionally hit. It's too bad when incidents like this happen that those who know don't quickly stash some evidence aside to a few trusted friends.

brill

new topics

top topics

join