It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Workers Masquerade As Reporters, Fakes News Conference

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

You're too right FredT, and I fear that we will look back on the GWB white house as the good old days. No matter which party runs the show.
As our nation continues its downward spiral and the press goes along for the ride.

IMHO, it adds another nail to the coffin of a free press.
Where you think the news is either manufactured, withheld or covered up.

As a matter of fact, should this really suprprise us?
Look at the state of the news these days!!!!!
Everyone covers the same one story for days and days. Too much attention to false idols, like Britney. Very little substance.

What is surprising is the lack of outrage at this.
But, I guess it's all part of the "programming" *wink, wink*

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thats pretty common place for both sides actually. I remember having to sneak in to a Dukakis rally and having to hide my 'Beware of Greeks bearing Gifts" sign inbetween two Pro Dukakis signs. Oh yeah we got the boot really quick

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I wonder where are the days of rotten tomatos throwing and baby kissing politicians has gone.

Welcome to the fake everything.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Yeah thats another aspect that really bugged me. The media that listened in; Did they ask WHO the "reporters" were that were asking the questions? Or did they decide to be lazy and file reports based on a one way phone call :shk:

The "free" press is truly dead with the exception of places like ATS were open discussion occurs, the mainstream information we recieve is more processed than an oscar meyer bolonga.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This thread has taken off pretty fast. I wonder if anyone has an opinion on whether or not this fake news conference was an illegal mis-use of taxpayer funds based on legislation passed by Congress in '05, as cited in my previous post?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

It probably is but as usual is not wrong doing and just a reprimand will ever they will get.

More waste of tax payer money, but are we no use to it by now?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What legal options are available to the people, if indeed federal law has been broken by FEMA in holding this "press conference"?

Again, the quote from the article citing the law passed by the Senate in April of '05. It was attached to an Iraq War funding bill, so I know it wasn't vetoed.

Under it, taxpayer funds would be prohibited from being used for prepackaged news stories unless those stories contain "clear notification within the text or audio of the prepackaged news" that discloses it was prepared or funded by a federal agency.

FEMA is a federal agency funded by taxpayer dollars holding fake news conferences. Imo, they are in violation of this law and those responsible should be individually and severally called to account for their actions.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I completely and utterly dumbfounded. Outrage doesn't describe how this makes me feel.

How is this 'allowed' to happen?

The MSM has been playing the role of patient lapdog to this administration's whims, so one would think that FEMA would have no problem catching 'softballs' from them this time as well. It is surprising that FEMA would even try this with Fox News and the like willing to spread whatever the 'partyline' is at the moment.

First they say they can't fly the planes and helicopters due to the high winds being to dangerous early in the week, to now it being that CalFire was 'preventing' the feds from helping, and that is why they were not flying. All we want is straight answers...

Not the, 'Who is tho blame for this fake news conference? FEMA is to blame..."
Screw that, I want the name of the person who gave the go ahead... And then I want to know if he/she, or any of the FEMA 'reporters' still have a job by Halloween.

DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
You're too right FredT, and I fear that we will look back on the GWB white house as the good old days. No matter which party runs the show.
As our nation continues its downward spiral and the press goes along for the ride.

You know what the solution is, don't you?
It's right there... that uncomfortable feeling that's been pawing at the back of your mind for a long time. It's the feeling that there's no way to fix the system, that the only way out is;
Revolution.

How long do the masses tolerate this kind of garbage before they rise up and crush those who are enslaving them, as they have done so many times in the past?

Each story like this brings us closer to the biggest revolution in world history... or the utter and final failure of freedom and liberty.

[/rant]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmenace
FEMA was then reorganized into the fascist Homeland Security Department to consolidate the police state powers of the federal hydra of the military industrial complex run out of its secret service.

Nobody should be surprised by the dog and pony show of FEMA. The Military Secret Service is testing its limits in order to expand their powers which will one day result in martial law and detetion camps after a false flag operation is aimed at the patriot movement.

You sports fans will feel right at home when you are imprisoned in a giant outdoor stadium while the military secret service shakes you down and intimidates you.

Yes , I believe the "test run" was Pinochet's soccer stadium detention center in 1973 Chile. Many months of enhanced interrogation to re educate those pesky opposition leaders. Maybe the same people that set up that government are setting up...(us) !

How did we handle emergencies before FEMA ? Did we all just pull together as humans tend to do during emergencies? Who decided that human kindness wasn't enough. Who decided that people must be rounded up for their own good?

The mock new conference could be excused if they were really trying to help people, but if you examine the questions that were asked:

1) Are their adequate commodities at the shelters?
-We are told that we get cots,blankets and water (just like prison)

2) There are reports that people are not heeding "evacuation orders"?
- We are told that people should always obey FEMA for their own safety

This is a conditioning drill. The viewer been taught how to react to the next emergency.

The viewer has been taught what is expected of them during the next emergency.

The viewer has been taught that FEMA is your only chance to survive.

FEMA (FEMALE) MOTHER- babies seek there mother during periods of threat.

so , subconsciously the viewer is conditioned to react to a threat response. All those MKULTRA/ PSY OP programs weren't just for fun.

Notice that the news stories about the White house reaction are worded -
"White house (scolds) FEMA for fake news conference"

Why "scolds"? - a child is scolded not an adult

Adults and government agencies are "reprimanded" not scolded !

Why are they speaking to us like children ?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Well, since the law prohibits criminal behaviour there will have to be some consequences to this and not just a "we will review our press procedures" brush off (the statement still aggravates me). If there is no follow-up on this I will seriously start considering grand conspiracy theories.

But currently it really does look like they think they are going to get away with an apology.

"We, the government have just been caught in an act of betrayel of the public. Sorry. We will review our press procedures".

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If I wasnt so lazy Id be tempted to learn how to shut down fema and any other organization who is on their side, and has their way of handling things.
We shouldnt let these people get away with this. And NO...No lone scapegoats to sit at trial. Its the whole institution that has to go or be dramatically reworked. No more behind the scene CEO's high paid people who are unknown.
All these people should be voted in just like the Prez. Its too important.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

based on you link Icarus Id have to say yes it was illegal. But who is going to police them? :shk: The Dems might make an issue of it but at best a fe people will lose thier jobs, but not the people really in power, just a few middle level flunkies.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Meh...

This is why I could care less about FEMA... These guys couldn't effectively pull off a fake press conference, the thought that they could engage in a sinister undertaking is laughable...

On the truly sinister side, this is precisely the kind of thing that will drive the masses to the MSM, placing their trust in "known" journalists, and "verifiable" sources.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That is the thing that really bothers me about this; illegal activity within our federal government in direct contradiction of federal law passed explicitly to prohibit said activity, with no recourse for the people other than cosmetic reprimands.

Like the Watergate group, anyone fired and disciplined over this will be reassigned and recirculated through the system and probably pop up, rehabilitated of course (yeah, right), in positions of authority, ultimately engaging in illegal activity again somewhere down the road.

Like the two sentences above, much of our federal government has become a circular road to nowhere, feeding off the people like an insatiable parasite.

Thank God for the Sons of Liberty!

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have been talking with other people that got the news of what fema has been doing.

It seems that almost every adult at least my age is outrage, the same thing goes through their minds, "how long this may have been happening and how many other governments agencies are in the same boat."

Including also the news coming from the war in Iraq.

I know many will disagree with what I am going to say, but our government has gotten so big in the last twenty some years that it seems like a pattern to me.

Most of the agencies that we have now within our government are nothing but a big scam to hide perhaps more sinister intentions, (this here is my conspiracies mind on the working now)

But still why government needs to keep getting so big with these agencies that actually are nothing more than huggers of resources and tax payer money.

Look how useless they became when Katrina.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
FEMA should be eliminated. It's just more wasted taxpayer dollars. Homeland security, too. Both agencies are ineffectual.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hello I am new to ATS and just wanted to say that I agree with the posts before about FEMA and the governments way of handling things. I think it is yet again another way for our government to feel out the citizens responses to controlled situations. Sooner or later,(as we know they like to do), the people in power are going to stage another controlled situation and once the general populace reaches the point of completely not caring about anything the government does they are going to make their final push for martial law and full uninhibited control over every aspect of our daily lives. The thing that bothers me the most is that a good number of the population isn't that far away from not caring anymore. It is this lack of spirit and morality that will finally give the government its chance to step up and do what it does best, screw the people.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NWRHINO

Outstanding post. Of course this kind of manipulation, and even outright creation of the news has been going on a long time, but they seem to not even worry about covering it up now. They seem to think they've already won.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

I agree either government are so confident on the power they have over the people that they do not care anymore or either they are getting to careless about the deceptions they use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join