It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world flicks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What was your favorite end of the world movie?

I liked "on the beach" not the new one but the first one with gregory peck and fred astaire. The ending showing the empty streets of the city was chilling.

Another good one was "the last man on earth" with vincent price. A man alone slowly going insane in a world of zombies. Charlton heston made a remake of it called the omega man.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Night/Dawn/Day of the Dead. Gotta go with the classics.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I saw one in the back of my dads closet called "The Next Adam and Eve." Sounds like it could be about the end of the world

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
On the Beach was a great book, from before the movies.

But for movies, going with a recent one Armegeddon. (If that's the one I think: Bruce Willis/Liv Tyler?) There were ALOT of asteroid, volcano type movies in the 90's.

Best TV show end of the world? HAS TO BE BUFFY!

It was the end of the world every other epsiode. The final was classic TV.

If you're gonna have an Armegeddon, you gotta have Faith (Faith being Eliza Dushku)

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I saw one in the back of my dads closet called "The Next Adam and Eve." Sounds like it could be about the end of the world

Mail it to me and I'll let you know

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This one time I watched a Nicholas Cage movie, it made me wish for the end of the world.:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
This one time I watched a Nicholas Cage movie, it made me wish for the end of the world.:bnghd:

I actually think Bring it On contributed to more deaths than WWII.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
that film "the day after tomorrow" looks ok ish. all the ones ive seen have bruce willis in saving america. most end of world films r like this.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Jonna the dead series rocks, it started my love of zombie movies the newer "dead" movies werent bad either

28 days later was not bad for a newer zombie/end of the world flick

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i liked armageddon and deep impact. although there was not one bit of fact in them they were pretty cool

new topics

top topics

join