It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nostradamus Code - UFO's and Extraterrestrials

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Interesting subject Michel de Nostradame's quatrains, a subject I have researched for quite a few years, before I knew of ATS and in the times before the internet.

My only concern is that you, the creator of the thread, are basing this thread on one persons interpretation of the quatrains. In the linked text supplied, the text only contains the authors interpretation of the quatrains and not the original quatrains or the literal english translations.

I find this a very dubious source material as the author of the supplied text linked by this threads creator does not directly engage with the actual quatrains and does not cite them or allow the reader to make their own interpretations when suppled with the original source material.

I understand that the author of the book uses "state of the art data mining techniques" in his research. By hiding from the reader from the source that he is analysing he can be perhaps be accused of suppressing the original source, the basis of his research.

The reason I make this point is that most researchers who deal with Michel de Nostradame's quatrains, at least engage with the original text, whether in the original french or the english translation. Also most researchers actually explain why they have made the interpretations. This text clearly has not.

A note to the thread creator. You are looking into a really interesting area, and an area of research that has a multitude of interpretations. All I can suggest is to read the original or literal translation with the original french so you can use an etymology dictionary so you can find your own meaning from it and not rely on the claims of a text that is one persons view of what another person wrote several hundred years ago without showing you the original.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by djaybeetoo]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by djaybeetoo

djaybeetoo, You sound very educated in this subject. I was wondering what your thoughts were on this. If you could indulge it would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Logan

Okay, first on the threads creator list, as posted before by merka, the original quatrain = Century 2 Quatrain 91

At sunrise one will see a great fire,
Noise and light extending towards 'Aquilon:'
Within the circle death and one will hear cries,
Through steel, fire, famine, death awaiting them.

Another translation (Literal)

Sunrise one grand *fire they there will see,
Noise & lustre towards North streched out:
Inside the circle death & screaming they there will hear,
By sword, fire, hunger, death tired waiting.

or

Soleil leuant vn *grand feu l'on verra,
Bruit & clarté vers Aquilon tendants:
Dedans le rond mort & cris l'on orra,
Par glaiue, feu, faim, mort las attendants.

Please can you say that you interpret this as: "Extraterrestrials tried to contact us in the Siberia Tunguska explosion in the 0s. Similarly they will again visit the earth. The Russians are doing secret weapons research and have energy fields guarding northern approach corridors. Another spacecraft will arrive, paralleling this incident. When the extraterrestrial spacecraft enters the atmosphere the fields will cause it to malfunction and many of the crew are killed. 38 When they crash, soldiers will be on hand to capture or kill them. The ship will harbor microorganisms that will react in bizarre ways to the earth climate and cause plagues of unknown origin, which cannot be understood because of the extraterrestrial causative organism. The country will be at war or fixing to go to war and will have a paranoid mindset. Thinking the crash is a result of enemy weapons, the soldiers will shoot anything that moves."

I honestly can not see this logicaly rationally or esoterically. Sounds more like a missile attack pehaps. I mean is this guy extapolating ET's and aliens from the word Aquilon? In Etymology Aquilon does not mean Extraterrestial. And how does this "author" extrapolate his paragraph from the original quatrain? Please feel free to compare and think how this person made this connection to both texts???

On to the next.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Century 4, Quatrain 28

Thereafter where Venus by the Sun is *covered,
Under the radiance *figure is hidden:
*Mercury in the fire has exposed them,
With bellicose noise will be delivered to contempt.

or

Lors que Venus du Sol sera couuert,
Soubs l'esplendeur sera forme occulte:
Mercure au feu les aura descouuert,
Par bruit bellique sera mis à l'insulte.

Does this relate to?

During the time of troubles, when the sun is between the earth and Venus, i.e. from the point of view of Earth Venus is hidden by the sun, the Watchers (extraterrestrials) will be exposed through the powers of observationand communication. Scientists involved with radiotelescopy and related disciplines will observe an anomaly, and as they focus on it they come to the realization that it is a strong indication of a real UFO. The readings are caused by an instrument sent by the Watchers to observe mankind.

The scientists and the populace will learn more about the probe and the Watchers. But internal dissension will be created by fundamentalists because the existence of extraterrestrials is not consistent with their worldview. This will take place in approximately 7 or 8. The Watchers are returning to mankind at this time because they are trying to help him through gentle prodding and increasing spiritual love. They have always kept an eye on us and have observed our growth and development. They're looking forward to the day we can join the universal community and help with their project in a way that's unique to us.

Hmm, I am beginning to see a pattern, there is no correllation between what the person who wrote the book based on Michel de Nosradame's writings and the actual writings them selves. Hmmm curious indeed.

Next please

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am sorry but the author of the source material of this thread is making some wild assumptions, but then I could be wrong. All I can say is read the original text and literal translations and make up your own minds.

If you request I can supply the rest of the originals and literal translations, but I feel I have made a point by showing what the original material says and what the author of the source material has extrapolated from it is highly suspect.

All I ask is have a look into this area it is pretty interesting and the interpretation Michel de Nostradame's work does indeed change as the passage of time marches on, but, always engange with the source material and do not take some guy's, who published a unsubstantiated books word for granted.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

djaybeetoo, Thank you for the insight! That makes more sense!

Thanks again for the input!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I love the tunguska topic. It resembles a nuclear explosion, and a meteoroid blast, the great part is it's an amazing story either way !

it's just not a UFO story

UFO crash
UFO aficionados have long claimed that the Tunguska event is the result of an exploding alien spaceship or even an alien weapon going off to "save the Earth from an imminent threat". This hypothesis appears to originate from a science fiction story penned by Soviet engineer Alexander Kazantsev in 1946, in which a nuclear-powered Martian spaceship, seeking fresh water from Lake Baikal, blew up in mid-air. This story was inspired by Kazantsev's visit to Hiroshima in late 1945.

Many events in Kazantsev's tale were subsequently confused with the actual occurrences at Tunguska. The nuclear-powered UFO hypothesis was adopted by TV drama critics Thomas Atkins and John Baxter in their book The Fire Came By (1976). The 1998 television series The Secret KGB UFO Files (Phenomenon: The Lost Archives), broadcast on Turner Network Television, referred to the Tunguska event as "the Russian Roswell" and claimed that crashed UFO debris had been recovered from the site. In 2004, a group from the Tunguska Space Phenomenon Public State Fund claimed to have found the wreck of an alien spacecraft at the site. [23]

The proponents of the UFO hypothesis have never been able to provide any significant evidence for their claims. It should be noted that the Tunguska site is downrange from the Baikonur Cosmodrome and has been contaminated repeatedly by Russian space debris, most notably by the failed launch of the fifth Vostok test flight on December 22, 1960. The payload landed close to the Tunguska impact site, and a team of engineers was dispatched there to recover the capsule and its two canine passengers (which survived). [\ex]

[edit on 26-10-2007 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Looking up that:

At sunrise one will see a great fire,
Noise and light extending towards Aquilon:
Within the circle death and one will hear cries,
Through steel, fire, famine, death awaiting them.

(www.crystalinks.com...)

Hm, I dont think I need to check into the rest. Whoever wrote the document is clearly about fiction with absolutely no relation to the actual quatrains.

Nice find Merka, I also found another link to verify yours:
Link to verify Merka's source

The OP's link is all fiction.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stari

Never claimed it was fact.

I thought it would be a good topic to stir up conversation and get to see what everyone here at ATS take was on it.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
@djaybeetoo

Great insight on this subject. So you feel that Authors interpretation of the quatrains are a total fabrication?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimbone

Originally posted by Stari

Never claimed it was fact.

I thought it would be a good topic to stir up conversation and get to see what everyone here at ATS take was on it.

I didn't say that you said it was fact. I said the link is total fiction. Which it is. You where asking for peoples opinion and I gave it. The link is fiction.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Interesting, I'll give you that.

But Nostradamus's work can easily be interpreted in many different time periods and people for just one passage. I'm not sure if he tapped into his higher knowledge or something else.

But he's definitely not as good as a prophet as Edgar Cayce (in my opinion).

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimbone

I think the author of the source material has not given me any reason to think that his interpretation is correct as he has not explained why he came to the conclusions he did without discecting the original quatrains. I believe that if you are going to jump to assumptions, you need to prove your points step by step and provide evidence of those asumptions.

I have read many books on and around the subject in hand and most of them cite the quatrains and try to disect them, looking at the astrological meaning, the etymological meaning and also the historical context in relation to the times the quatrains were written.

A great majority of the books on the subject of Michel de Nostradame and his writing do not just say this is what I think Century X and Quatrain Y means. They usually allow the reader to interact with the text or texts being discussed. The writer of the source material, does not allow that luxury and just says that Century X Quatrain Y means what I say it does as I used cutting edge data mining techniques.

In closing I am highly skeptical on the validity of the source material. Nice Ideas for a movie thou

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Thanks, I was just about to look up all the quatrains to prove that these were not direct quotes but you already have. Nostradamus never directly said these things it is all the authors interpretation. The original centuries can all be found at crystalinks

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Why do people think the elite ones know all about ufo's they know nothing the proof is in the pudding, if there are aliens millions or billions of years more advanced than us than why the hell would they listen bush or blair, would they listen you, I personally think if there are aliens, I reckon there are many species from different parts of the universe or beyond, many are capable of reaching are planet through different forms of travel, and my point is that if one of these species came to are planet they will just fly and land wherever they want whenever they want, and you will know all about it in HD, instead of the same instantly debunked shakey hand cam footage, if aliens can bounce around the universe or beyond im sure they have some nice weapons to, in-case they encounter any hostiles like bush and his gang, yeah I have seen loads of alien footage and docs but there is something about all of the films eeh where the f is alien

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Another really intersting site to find a motherload of online books and resourses is:

www.sacred-texts.com...

This has several interpretations and the original french text, if you want to translate it yourself.

I hope you all find it intersting as it has lot more than just nostradamus.

For Nostradamus on the left hand side is a topic menu and nostradamus is linked there.

Please enjoy

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think today (sunday)
there is supposed to be a special about nostradamus' lost book, on the history channel at 8 or 9

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimbone
@djaybeetoo

Great insight on this subject. So you feel that Authors interpretation of the quatrains are a total fabrication?

Well, let's see what people who have actually bought and read the book The Nostradamus Code World War 3 (2007-2012) by Michael Rathford think about it:

"HOW can this man live with himself?????"
"Comical"
"Wasted money"
"One of the Worst Nostradamus Books I have read"
"Blatant Rip-Off"
and
"You've got to be kidding"

Wow, end of story.

Source

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is made up. Anyone could wrote that #.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The book onm WW-IIII is referenced in this thread.
See posting below about my findings.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Therefore my conclusion for this thread is the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join