It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On October 27th: 11 massive demonstrations for peace throughout the United States

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Some awesome protests in NYC and Phila yesterday, got to see/take part in both of them. Rainy morning but it cleared up good.

These need to happen on a regular basis to prove how "we the people" are opposed to these wars! 9 $$$ TRILLION US deficit currently, this is uncalled for and the US needs a change of direction.

Should we be able to organize, at least bi-weekly or monthly rallies, those killers in high-places will HAVE to take notice.

If not, then these should be organized to walk out of capitalism U$A during the work week, w/ tens of thousands of people vacant, no one can fear being fired. Should the economy tank, badly, hoping that could actually happen.

www.unitedforpeace.org...

[edit on 28-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Yep, it seems to have been a pretty big event. Here is Reuters writing about it. I was unable to find anything in American media... except that Yahoo article. previously posted in the thread.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
you should know that NY Times is owned by Murdoch the neocon War monger. Fox News is also owned by the same man.

Oh my God, that must be the most ignorant post I've seen in all my years on ATS.

The New York Times, is not owned by News Corp., it's its own company, publicly traded but closely controlled by the Sulzberger family.

It is the total and absolute antithesis of FOX News.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

You are right. I was thinking of the New York Post. Very similar names, but thanks for clearing that up for me.

The New York Post is the 13th-oldest newspaper published in the United States and the oldest to have been published continually as a daily.[3] Since 1976, it has been owned by Australian-born billionaire Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation and is one of the 10 largest newspapers in the United States

Source: Wikipedia

If that was the most ignorant post you have seen here on ATS, I think you need to read more threads.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
so how did it go?
I'm from the Boston area
didn't hear anything around here.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancrom
so how did it go?
I'm from the Boston area
didn't hear anything around here.

the issue was never brought up yet in latin american media....

it's all about Argentina's election now... the chick is gonna win!

Peace

Wig

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
I dont know what source you are refering to when you say Iraq would suffer more if US left,

Believe whatever you want, but the fact remains that you are getting the wrong information from your media.

I get it from the same common sense that told me to start the war was purely political and unnecessary. It was obvious Bush had no intentions of being diplomatic and discovering the truth, he just wanted a war.

If you do pull out completely, I'll tell you I was right a few weeks afterwards. Because as I said before then the new blood will be on your hands.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
breach the security get into the white house 1 million ppl breaking into the white house to arrest bush for his crimes like saddams crimes same thing almost.

now tell me will the army start shooting?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Wait, I have a question.

Nobody has ever rallied during the protest into the white house in the U/S history?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Do you honestly believe that people who have no facts to base their arguements to know stuff like this? They argue from their hearts, not their brains. In the long run........thinking like that only makes a country weak!!!!!

Its like being in Vegas and and betting on sports teams. I don't care how much you like the Cowboys, NEVER, EVER bet with you HEART.

Don't think with it either. Common sense is wasted on people who have no logic!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Ths chick is kinda HOT too. I hear Bill Clinton has already requested to be named the Ambassador to that county!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SoFunkyMe

You better believe they will. I just hope they shoot straight!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Philadelphia demonstration wasn't all that massive... I crossed in front, walked into rite aid, bought some stuff, and when I came out they were nowhere in sight!
Oh, yeah, and I spotted some aliens/time travellers on the sidelines (I'll get a secret camera one of these days)...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join