It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: 22,000-acre fire was set

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Officials: 22,000-acre fire was set

www.cnn.com

ORANGE COUNTY, California (CNN) -- One of the larger fires in Southern California is a suspected arson, a fire official confirmed Thursday.

The FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Orange County Fire Authority are investigating the Santiago Fire, which has burned more than 22,000 acres, Orange County Fire Battalion Chief told CNN.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.usatoday.com...

[edit on 25-10-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, I don't think this was a big surprise. We have it now verified by officials, and there is something like a $500,00.00 reward I believe.

Now, I think we just wait until they verify that this was set by Al Qaeda or or Iranian agents. I don't know if I am buying that right now, but I am definitely expecting it.

I am listening to Glenn Beck right now, his guest is saying this is not arson.....

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-10-2007 by sputniksteve]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wow. All the speculation going on here about how this is obviously natural and couldn't be anything but. Now we are actually being told its arson, and no one thinks that is relevant? I mean, at least there is no guessing now...right?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Depends on what sources you choose to believe...

Personally I think this will very likely be presented as the work of some terror group without that being the case. It will be another lie. Fox News will help spread the lie.

I dont trust the US officials to tell me the truth. I mean, come on... who benefits here? The guys wanting a war with Iran or the "terrorists"?

My False Flag sense is tingling.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Seems to be numerous reports of how MANY acres burned. This number is way lower then some on other sites/newspaper -- in the 100 of thousands range on others -- I remember seeing 55k yesterday on NYT.

This won't be conspiratory though, we can easily measure on interactive maps when it's said and done w/. Anyone know what the damages ASIDE from homes happened? Crops? I think I saw a clip about avacados.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yes your right. It will be easy to tell how or why it happened. The question will be who. If we assume they are correct that is.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
There are a few radio stations in my area, akron ohio, that are discussing the idea that it was set by a person.

They are refrensing a memo from the FBI written in 2003:

USATODAY.com - FBI: al-Qaeda detainee spoke of fire plot

I am not saying that I think that this is the cause...but I have heard alot of speculation. Also, terror plots can takes years to come to a head.

This is just a bit of info i am offering.

-Thank you for your time.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It looks as though everyone most are still quoting CNN on the blogs and such. That is interesting that no other sources are coming up with anything original concerning anything the info release from the Alphabet groups.

Apparently no new suspects or people in custody
news.xinhuanet.com...

top topics

join