It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching and Waiting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
First of all, I am very new here so if I am posting this in the wrong area then I do apologize!

I have been lurking and reading here for quite sometime now. Mostly here in the Fragile Earth section, but I have poked my nose in other sections as well. I finally signed up because I want to learn more about all this. So my first question to you all is this:

When and how did you first become aware that something wasn't right with the earth, weather, news reports, ect?

For me, I would have to say it was sometime around 1998. It started as nothing more than a slight feeling of unease but I didn't pinpoint the cause of that unease until around 2000 with the whole Y2K thing.... I was scared and then when nothing happened I got angry and started looking into WHY the government/news people would want to scare everyone.

Now I don't beleive anything on the news.

I was very happy to find this place and find out that I was not alone in my thinking. For the longest time I thought I was crazy to think that the weather isn't right, and all that stuff they are telling us about freak act of mother nature is not true. But I see that alot of you here think as I do.

SO my second question to you all is this:

CAn you point me to links on climate change, earthquakes, atmospheric changes ect. Anything that has to do with the earth and the weather and the different theories as to why this is all changing? Preferably...(and here's the catch!) Links where the language is "dumbed down" you know where the scientific terms are explained in plain easy to understand english? I am not a very well educated girl when it comes to science!

Thank you in advance and I hope to learn alot here and have many fulfilling conversations/debates

be well all
/UndiscoveredSoul

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
For me, it probably was around about the same time as you. Although, I can remember my dad saying that there was something wrong as far back as 20 years ago.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
For me, it probably was around about the same time as you. Although, I can remember my dad saying that there was something wrong as far back as 20 years ago.

See, I remember my parents making comments too, more like "now this is a strange winter" or something along those lines but I never thought about it as a child.

It makes me wonder if EVERY generation has felt this way ya know. Like maybe I'm freakin out for no reason. Or maybe it's just that I'm trying to convince myself that things like this have always happened or something? Am I making sense?

join