It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

a great video , debunks FOX propaganda

[edit on 24-10-2007 by manson_322]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Busted link there yo. . . .

Sounds like an interesting watch/listen. Any chance your end is wrong?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

i edited , and have given the original source as the _javascript()yvid code seems to have somwe problems

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Seems to be taken from the 8 part documentary Outfoxed. Its a very good documentary and a recommend watch.

First part:

(follow youtube link to find the others)

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I hate the fox news it is the most vial biased piece of trash on the air today.
If you really want to effect the Bush administration and congress....stop watching Fox news completly. It is thier mouth piece to get their lies out and brainwash the public....BOYCOTT FOX NOW.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I find it a great source of information. Do what I do. Listen and make up your own damn mind. No one ever said you have to take what is said by any news source as total fact. CNN is no prize either, unless your a liberal looking for talking points in your next debate(arguement I mean, we all know liberals don't debate).

If you hate it so much, delete it from your cable box, or block it.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

Problem is that there are many factual errors on fox, and people think that what they’re saying is the truth.
Yes CNN, MSNBC, et al have their problems to, but not to the same extent as FOX

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
FAUX... er, pardon me... FOX News is that absolute antithesis to news. It should be called FAUX News as that clearly and accurately describes the drivel that they regularly parrot and peddle. I watch it just to see what the establishment is attempting to peddle. I can usually assume that whatever appears on FAUX is the opposite of the truth.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
On an interview, on pbs, Brit Hume of Fox, when asked if the news media had a resposiblity to report the news in an unbiased and objective manner, maintained that they did not have an obligation to "report the news". When pressed by the host, who I think was Tim Russert , and the other guests on the show, who were the news directors for the other large networks CNN, ABC,CBS, NBC and the BBC, he said that that they had "the right to interpret the new as they saw fit", and that they will "package the news as it best fits their viewing demographic".
The BBC guy was the most stunned by this exchange, and commented that there were several stories fox ran that would have broken the law in Britain, by not reporting the news truthfully. The BBC guy reminded everyone that when the news is molded to fit the desired "percieved reality" it is nothing more than propoganda.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Anyone with a shred of common sense can expose Fox News for what it is.
It's up to you to decide what exactly their agenda really is.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just a couple of cents here:

IMHO, ALL of the news networks are quite conspicuously biased - especially the cable channels (CNN, FOX, CNBC, etc.). Not one of them is less or more so than the other - it simply depends on your own political and cultural persuasion whether you accept their version of the "news" or not. CNN/FOX in particular have forever provided me with a permanent front-row seat "on the fence". Vote your conscience... not the agenda of some talking head following scripted propaganda. Better yet - turn off the TV and read...

BTW; You think FOX or CNN are bad? Try watching/listening to "news" in China, Russia, Cuba, North Korea, Venezuela, Syria, Iran, etc. Talk about a 'slant' to the broadcasts! I've traveled extensively around the world on business spent many a boring night in a dreary hotel room watching local/regional "news".

Lately, I've been carrying my SW radio and tuning in to the BBC's world news broadcast. Not perfect, I admit - but still better than the Al Jazeera stuff out there.

Count your blessings, folks. We can do a lot worse than leftist-CNN/rightist-FOX. At least our hot anchor-ladies are tolerable to look at while they're toeing the party, er, network line...

[edit on 10/25/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Gotta love at the point with 4 min 5 sec left of the clip where the CEO goes: "We want to restore objectivity..." xD Yeah, the right to object against political opponions that you don't share.

Though you might mind it a good station to supply the news you must admit that the news they do submit is hard to digest due to the simple fact that you really don't know which part is true and which part is seasoning on the side... scary stuff. :S

Edit: Boiling blood made me email Michelle Malkin. Terribly terribly unsubstansiated comments...

[edit on 25/10/07 by flice]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just for your information, I would like to point out what errors you are talking about. The errors that I have seen are because they are breaking news, and reporting everything as it happens. If they waited and reported the news after it happened, they could get their stories straight. I still like the idea of getting my news at his happens and forming my own opinions of it. I don;t need to be spoon fed answers. Give me the data, give me the video feed, LET ME MAKE UP MY OWN DAMN MIND.

"FAUX... er, pardon me... FOX News is that absolute antithesis to news. It should be called FAUX News as that clearly and accurately describes the drivel that they regularly parrot and peddle. I watch it just to see what the establishment is attempting to peddle. I can usually assume that whatever appears on FAUX is the opposite of the truth."

Your opinion....nothing more than an opinion. I think CNN could be classified just the same. I am sick and tired of turning that channel on and hearing all the BS that comes out of the panelists mouth. Not news anchors, but panelists if you ask me. Their job is to indoctinate, and from what I hear on these chat boards, they are doing One Hell Of A Job!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yeah, you don't have to love Fox to watch it. I watch MSNBC, CNN, FOX and the BBC on television, and get a lot of my internet news via intelligent blogs that lead to dependable sources. I make up my own mind ONLY after i've considered the sides.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I hate FOX news with a passion, but i do find myself watching it quite often to see what they believe is "fair and balanced" news. I have to agree with traderonwallst on this one. Just because they report it, doesn't make it set it set in stone 100% factual unbiased information. I think that is where the individual needs to research, and come to a conclusion based on their own findings, and not what they are fed.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
A part of me is almost surprised by all of the anti-FOX threads that have been popping up over the last few days, but most of me is not.

People here are always quick to jump all over FOX news because of their conservative slant and pro-Bush mentality. So What? If YOU had any objectivity at all; as you claim to seek; then you would realize no other media outlet is any better. Every other media outlet has a liberal slant and anti-Bush mentality.

However, simply because FOX's views don't align with your own, does not make them evil, or prove that they are pushing any sort of secret agenda.

If you don't want to watch or listen to it, then switch it over to CNN.

I'm sure you'll get all the anti-Bush pro-Liberal garbage you want there.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just so you know, not anti-fox, and a proud conservative!!!!!!

Just feel people need to make up their own minds when it comes to interpretting news. FFOX does have a history of mistakes, but like I said earlier......its because they try to beat everyone with news, with the live video feeds and such. Its only later that they usually correct the mistakes, and usually make notes of those mistakes to the viewing audience.

join