It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accidental shot of small black object in the sky (Have RAW and comparison file)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
First of all... I wasn't counting on needing to ask this stupid question. But could someone please objectively discount this as a bug passing by?

First let me tell you about the shot itself:

Canon 1Ds mark II, 28-70mm zoom
Shot on a 2gb IV card
Shot as both RAW and JPG

Was shot in Holland on the highway after coming in from Germany (Dusseldorf) on our way to Boulogne, France. I can't be more precise than that as we took somewhat 1.000 shots on our trip

First image is the full shot, developed from raw into PS, then resized for pleasent viewing to 1000px at 72dpi.
Second image is a crop made in Bridge, then resized in photoshop to 1000px at 72dpi.

I have a comparison file shot 1-2 seconds later that eliminates it as a specc on the lens. You can actually see the dirt that is on the lens or car window show up slightly displaced in the other shot.
The image was shot out of a moving car left hand side front seat (english car).

To be honest I'd be happy if this could go to show how an accidental passing of a bug could show up as something that resembles a UFO.

I will upload the raw images of both this and the comparison file and then post the adress to download them later. However please note that there's a copyright infrigement involved as these images of skies are to be used in a commercial shot...

(both above links are in the ATS space... I've had problems with this space before so be patient if they don't show up or manually input the adress in a fresh window)

/flice

[edit on 24/10/07 by flice]

Update on location...
I shot the following image shortly before the two above. At the rate I was going I must have shot this sign no more than 10 min before the other two...

[edit on 24/10/07 by flice]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'd repost the images here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jeff is an expert in these things and he would be the best man for the task.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Cheers

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Looks like a possible UAV to me.
A hovering camera platform maybe?
Very interesting picture.

Was it taken through a closed car window BTW?
I don't want to put a dampener on it,but could it be a bug?

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
To me its clearly a bird. Wings out, head down, tail up.

It could of course be a bug too, but I'd think it would be even blurrier.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Have to agree with the previous poster. initial thought was that it is a bird flying away and possible down from you... down, tail up. What makes you think it might be something different?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
My initial impression is a bird with its tail flared. I've seen small birds of prey do that before.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Its obviously a bird, 99.99% sure about that.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

I agree... I see it clearly now too. I guess this goes to show how if you let it your imagination can run wild. Appologise for the time wasted.

Let's close this thread before I redicule myself even more

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

Definitely a bird. I don't know how many frames I've shot in which a bird showed up uninvited. They can look quite different depending on the lighting and the aspect angle.

top topics

join