It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Vampires!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am a writer doing research for a book and would really appreciate a little first hand knowledge of Vamps and other Supernatural creatures. Any backgroung lore would be appreciated. Of course, a discourse with the 'real thing' would be totally sweet! Am I a believer?

Let's just say I am an empath with developing psychic and telekinetic abilities who is not so arrogant as to believe that I understand all of the possibilites of our vast universe. There are things that defy explanation. My book is a work of fiction, hopefully based in truth, so rest assured nothing "supe" would be exposed.

I believe that reality is a matter of perspective, therefore my mind is open to all aspects of the paranormal. I hope to establish some dialogue with a few people (creatures?) to give me background for my novel.

Thank you in advance for your willingness to share your knowledge which will make my novel turn out closer to reality than readers would imagine.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
ok well il break it down for you, most vampires are in hiding due to the old witch hunt which destroyed most of the vampires, there is a new age of vampires which feed off of psychic energy this is how they developt, instead of feeding on peoples blood they feed on peoples life energy, there still is blood suckers out their but i'd advice not looking for them if you don't want your neck in a cast lol

peace out

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I doubt there are many lurking on ATS.Why would you come to a conspiracy site looking for Vampires?That is like me going to Vampirefreaks to discuss UFO's and New World order.
That being said, a writer researches the subject themselves.Get right into the culture.Some actually do drink blood, but if they are really immortal, would you know? Would you believe it? Likely not on both counts.
I suggest a very good google search, not limited to ATS.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Why would a vampire own a computer, nevermind subscribing to this site, If I was a vampire ide be out all day terrorising things for kicks

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Opulisum]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Access Denied:

How do you know what I would or would not believe.

As for trolling for vampires on this site, don't you think it in their best interest to avoid detection (thus a conspiracy involving covering up their victims' death)?

Am I afraid of vampires? No. I'm more scared of being jacked by gang bangers when I go to Wal-Mart.

I suppose I'm looking for something REAL that may actually scare me (and my readers for that matter!)

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chicscribe
I suppose I'm looking for something REAL that may actually scare me (and my readers for that matter!)

i dont believe in vampires so i cant help you there BUT
i could get you in touch with my ex-wife
she would be more of a horror story than whimpy vampires

even my mates still have nightmares about her

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I doubt there are many lurking on ATS.Why would you come to a conspiracy site looking for Vampires?That is like me going to Vampirefreaks to discuss UFO's and New World order.

Your logic doesn't make sense.

If ATS were limited to UFO's or even a small list of subjects then it might; but outside of Paranormal studies this is the most likely place.

By the way, other than people who believe they need to partake of blood I just don't see the "classic" Vampire existing.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by jbondo]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Isn't that the point? I mean if people in general could see the supernatural as possible in our reality, would they need or be able to hide so very easily? Until very recently, physicists viewed nano-technology and quarks as impossible, yet they exist.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chicscribe

Yea, I would back up on that last statement but I don't see any reason that a Vampire wouldn't be on the net just like everyone else. Where else to feed the ego than right here in this thread or the many other threads about Vampires on ATS or at the UM forum or any number of other places?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Are you a member of both sites? Iam. It is logical to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So where am I most likely to find vampires (of the immortal variety) on the web?

PS also need contact with werewolves and (other shapeshifters) and humans with supernatural gifts

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have a supernatural gift
(I think), I posted it ages ago in the paranormal section, and you can find me right here

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

So, you're saying Vampirefreaks is a real site?

Is that your way of trying to shock me?

Here's the thing, you used generalities in your analogy and they were the wrong generalities. That's where it not making sense comes in.

If you are wondering if we get the idea, I'm sure we all did just by your sentence structure. The point is that there are in fact many threads on Vampires here. Sooo, why wouldn't a Vampire check it out?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

My point was this, and excuse me if my sentence structure offends you;
When researching a topic,you go to a site that deals specifically with that topic...would you not?At least for starting your research.I would.
ATS is known as a conspiracy website. It does have paranormal topics we all know that, but that is not what it is best known for.
If I were a vampire, I would frequent sites where I could relate to others like me.Like why all of us conspiracy theorists congregate here.
This is THE site to come to for all things related to political conspiracies.
It is not well known for discussing all things Vampire.
Iam in no way stating that the members of VF are all immortal bloodsuckers.
However, they have the knowledge of the history and culture.As well as the literature that goes with it.
The question is..who's opinion do you want? The info of a conspiracy theorist replying to one of many posts...or that of someone who actually has the knowledge you are looking for.
That choice is yours.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That possibly being so, where would you try to find vampires (of the immortal variety? If you are such an "authority" on what a vamp would or would not do on the web, this should be an easy question.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chicscribe

Where in my post did I claim authority? I was using common sense.
I said research the culture.They would rather be with their own kind would they not. Does that make sense to you? I was trying to offer you help, but since you seem to know everything,why should I elaborate further.
Go ahead, peruse the boards here, find your immortals.
Best of luck to you.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Erm, why are people acting like they exist?

With that said.
As someone who has been around the thick of 'vampirism' before allow me to let you know vampires are just people who act silly, drink from scratches on each other, dress in as black, goths gone too far, fake fangs even some getting implants, pretend that just because they have a bad sleeping pattern they can only exist at night, use far too much black hair dye (apart from the cool vampire in every brood who bleaches), and all together plain old attention seekers who watched too much of the film 'The Lost Boys'.

Dracula was actually Vlad the impaler who drank and bathed in the blood of young boys to try to retain his youth (as done in Egypt thousands of years ago).
He fled under the cover of darkness and through underground tunnels down to the sea where he boarded a ship and travelled to England where he after docking at Whitby he slipped into hiding, onlookers said they saw a 'large dog' leave the ship and run up the cliffs 199 steps towards the abbey.

That's just one of many interpretations of the Dracula story.

So sorry to those that wish to believe vampires are real, sorry but its all nonsense.

Good movies to see : The lost boys, Interview with a vampire.

If you can try to find a TV program called the vampire murders or anything on Rod Ferrell, that gives you an idea of someone who took it too far.
en.wikipedia.org...

General reading:
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Actually, I only come to this site for the Paranormal forum, as I am sure many others do, against many sites I find it much more interesting... but thats just me.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
if your looking for an interview with a vampire try your local dvd retailer or better yet the book, its the closest you will get other than people dressing up and pretending to be vampires then hitting 40 and thinking what the hell am i doing with my life, they do not exist just bram stokers imagination turning a legend into a myth which due to immortality ever youthfull and sexual nature has captured the imaginations of many and some poeple want it to be true so it becomes "actually thy exist but they feed of psychic energy".. no they dont, think about it how could they, its absurd you may aswell accept the stay puff marshmellow man exists and lives in the wild.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Dude, I think I just said that we get the idea of what you were trying to convey but that you used an inappropriate analogy. I don't think you're understanding here as you keep repeating yourself.

Nothing personal, nor was I offended and neither do I intend to offend you. Just didn't see where your logic was efficiently conveyed.

I'm not against you man. I take correction as a learning experience but maybe I come off a bit strong when I'm doing the correcting.

Why don't we just forget it and continue the discussion on Vampire's, K?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join