It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do our faiths lie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is the crux of ATS: click Although it's funny, it has a message, which we can all relate to, in some way.

It's always a journey towards understanding, and how relate to that particular jouney. How do we convey our true feelings without an open mind? I'm not a fan of David Icke, but it's about the way we relate to others and who shares the "true" information. I've started to think that there is no right or wrong, everyone has to battle to reach true knowledge and if knowledge was evident, there would be no science, because science follows rules, not faith. It's like looking into the sky on a sunny day; tell a blind person how it looks.... You can't describe colours, it's impossible. How do you convey? In the end there has to be a right to be a wrong. Idk, is anything profound?

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I very much agree. You should always listen to what someone says, no matter how ridiculous it may sound to you. Its just showing respect for your fellow human beings.

David Icke is another guy who has been ridiculed to no end here on ATS, but I personally dont let it influence my opinions of him. He knows a lot of things and he seems like a intelligent guy to me. Others may think he is a scam artist. Fine.

I dont believe anyone would take the amount of life destroying ridicule that Icke has received without being very, very certain that the things he claim is true. There is a good chance we will look back at this time period as a time where the public did not listen to the people who knew.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
with regards to David Icke, have you ever noticed how he started coming out with all the stuff about the world being a kind of virtual reality game after the release of the movie "The Matrix"

Also what was his name for this construct....thats right The Matrix

a great many of his theories make some sense but he does seem to get some of his ideas from Hollywood.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by deeppilgrim

The Matrix is about the "world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth". I think its actually a excellent way to get the message across - that people are indeed not aware of whats really going on but they think they are.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
true but did you notice how he only "discovered" this theory after the release of The Matrix..before that there was no mention..now he says it is a genuine thing..this whole world is an illusion etc

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The world is an illusion, at least that part of the world we can see.

Even when looking at the 'big picture' you'll find there are... inconsistencies in what you can see - the idea that 'this doesn't seem right' or 'how did that happen?' is your 'intuition' telling you that something lies beneath - that you're looking at an image that isn't what it seems.

When you think about 9/11 and how we went from tracking down Osama bin laden to suddenly going after Saddam because 'he has links to al-qaeda', 'Intuition' tells us that 'something isn't right'.

But what is intuition?

From what i can gather... 'Intuition' is the individual's experience manifesting itself in a concious thought - you think 'this isn't right' because YOU have seen facts or 'perceived facts' that lead you to believe otherwise.

I'll try and use the 9/11 scenario as an example; We know that George Bush Sr. Tried to oust saddam and failed, and therefore when George Bush Jr. decided to take a shot at it, our subconcious mind was looking at the word 'George Bush' and drew the correlation between the events of the Gulf War and that of modern day - thereby providing the 'this isn't right' intuition.

Anyway, back to the 'illusion' of life, It's easy to think of this and that and how the 'matrix' was a "computer-generated dreamworld" and get confused, i believe that what Icke was talking about was the similarity between what we're told by the various establishments and what the actual truth is.

In a sense, that which the establishment tells us is the "Dream-world" - we can only 'know' reality by knowing the truth.

Which the 'establishment' knows.

EDIT: As for the 'matrix' idea, i think it's likely that it provided Icke a point of reference to use for the rest of us - most people (in the western world) have seen the matrix, and he can use the setting as an example of what he believes is the true 'illusion' that we can see.

I believe he's gone over this at one point, it would be worthwhile tracking down which conference (for i know it to have taken place in a conference theatre) it was.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

Great post.

I feel this is becoming a philosophical thread.

It's true that "discussion" (arguments) ultimateley fail. I have been changed in my understanding and thinking a few times, but how many 'too proud' individuals can say that? Not many is my guess.

Alot of people in the west, are born with a fkin silver spoon in their mouth, because 'you' are nutured like a saint. It's like the blind. blinding the already blind.

I think that the problem to understanding lies within our ego.

Quantum mechanics/physics are both inside and outside the realms of current science. It's because, to understand, (observer effecting the observed) we have to shatter our preconcieved ideas, about what is right/wrong, theory/reality etc... Everything.

We have to make that jump, to just 'be', without being constrained. I don't think that it will happen though. I think that we have all evolved to self destruct. Although I've been enlightened on ideas myself, humans are far too 'proud' imo. I've noticed it alot on ATS.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
One of the problems with science, faith, politics or whatever else you can think of, is that when you answer one question, fifteen others arise. We will never know all there is to know, and to try to is a quick ticket to the sanitarium.

Anything that has David Icke's name attached to it, I question. Not because I think he is wrong about everything, but I do think his whole reptilian bit is just ridiculous. I would like to think that he originally meant it as a metaphor for some pretty bad people and it somehow got misconstrued as being literal, but somehow, I have to wonder if that's the case.

If it is indeed a fact that Icke means that there are literally reptilians which have taken over human bodies, I think he's a very disturbed individual indeed.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Or maybe he did it to drum up public opinion and make a name for himself in conspiracy circles.

Which would you prefer?

That he's a nutter?

That there are reptilians?

That he understands how communities work?

That which is most apparent is often false - it is rare to the extreme when one can look at something and think "I can see everything there is to see".

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Throbber]

new topics

top topics

join