It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I join the Knights of Columbus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Will a Moderator please move this topic to the Secret Scieties page

This post is directed to members of the Knights of Columbus. I did some searches here about them but there are very few posts about them and almost all of them are bashing and not instructive so here is mine.

I am Catholic and I am interested in finding out more about the Knights of Columbus. The older I get the more I want to do my part in helping America get better, not worse. I think that getting more active in my religion and an organization based around it is the thing that I need to do. Yet, what I want to do is much more involved then what I think that the knights of Columbus are into.

I want to get the people of my church and the Knights of Columbus to do what Benjamin Franklin did during the revolutionary war. In fact what the Masons often do from my family’s experience. What did Benjamin Franklin do? Well here is the list of what he did and what I want to do.

Organize members of the church to support each others businesses financially. Combine/Merge businesses between other Catholics in the area and or utilize economies of scale in combining business costs such as printing expenses and other general business activities that can be combined to greater savings and purchasing power within the community for monetary and political gain.

Hold meetings on local affairs and discuss important matters of local and national politics. Decide local voting matters ahead of time in group membership voting support referendums.

Organize members to gather information about those in power in local governments. Use that information as it best serves the community and the catholic fraternity.

Gather information about local scandals, scams, and conspiracies and expose them to better the local populous. This means spying on elected officials and businesses in a manner that does not break the law.

Utilize combined financial power to purchase local properties in targeted areas to enhance the living conditions of members within the church and to alter/change criminal neighborhoods into neighborhoods where in properties increase in value instead of decline. A few years later, after the neighborhoods have “turned around” sell off selected properties in the neighborhood and utilize the profits to continue other financial activities that better the community as a whole and church members specifically. IE: putting pools in some members houses who choose to stay in the former dilapidated neighborhoods.

All in all, I want to join a catholic organization that attempts to change the world around us for the better in real means, not words and fluff and useless meetings that result in even further useless inaction. I don’t want to join a secret “complaint” society that never actually uses its combined resources in the manners that I have described, but instead only complains about how bad everything is getting.

What I need to know is if the Knights of Columbus will help me do this. If so, you can privately email me at [email protected].
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding why I am asking all of this very bluntly.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Hot_Wings]

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Umm, you don't need to join the KoC to do any of that stuff. Just get organising.

Organize members of the church to support each others businesses financially. Combine/Merge businesses between other Catholics in the area and or utilize economies of scale in combining business costs such as printing expenses and other general business activities that can be combined to greater savings and purchasing power within the community for monetary and political gain.......Utilize combined financial power to purchase local properties in targeted areas to enhance the living conditions of members within the church and to alter/change criminal neighborhoods into neighborhoods where in properties increase in value instead of decline.

And that part sounds like you're trying to further Catholics above other members of the community by making them financially and politically more powerful. Either that or you'd like to create a mini-seperatist Catholic society within your community. Wait a minute. Is it not correct that Catholics usually don't like Jewish people for the same thing???

I understand you are Catholic and so is your church, but why not not include the whole community in this, regardless of religious affiliation? Doing things like this is what makes people suspicious and untrusting of these types of organisations and it's just plain wrong in my book.

Jesus certainly wouldn't have wanted it that way.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

If he doesn't notice this thread, I suggest you shoot chief_counsellor a U2U. He is a K of C, and thus, our resident expert on the subject.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
My God- YES please join the KoC.

They will forever change your life and give you the good and wholesomeness you crave in life.

Oh by the way ask them to give you their passwords, handshakes and a copy of their ritual before you join and see what they say.

Guess what?

They won't cause it's a secret. They protect their history as well so you just can't come off the street and sit in a meeting of theirs.

Will they let you sit in a meeting without being a member first? What happens behind their closed doors that is so secretive that I can't be one.

And why do I have to be a Catholic to join. Why do they discriminate against non Catholics?

And when you take the Oath during that ritual just remember that it's basically a copy of the Masonic one with some changes but for all intents and purpose it's the same.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

While I am not a K o C, I do know several. IMHO I feel that the organization will fill your requirements very well. While I will readily admit to a biased opinion, they do seem to do a lot of good. You should both benefit from them and be a benefit to them. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I was too harsh on you on my post above.

I'm sorry I was just angry and took it out on you-m I apologize I shouldn't have been so short and angry.

The KoC is a good organization with many good attributes. If you are searching to join a male fraternal org then they are a good starting point to learn about.

Just go to the library and grab some books on them.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
I would like the originator of this post to prove his claims before discussing things further. Where is a link to even the mention of this $8000 publication that you speak of? As well, where is it stated anywhere that the publication is some sort of apology to the churches stance against freemasonry?

As far as lies and other accusations I would state that it is the freemasons themselves that are the great liars and keepers of secrets. For the nature of the Church is open to all and yet the nature of the Freemasons are to uphold complete secrecy of information from all others who are not ranking members of the organization.

I do not find it strange at all that many Masons constantly attack the Catholic Church. Instead, I find it completely within their character as they openly admit satanic worshipers into their inner circle. And no, I didn’t need to ride a goat in order to gain some twisted perversion of so-called enlightenment.

The Freemasons are an entirely secret society who attacks the Catholic Church for keeping a few secrets of its own. Can you imagine a greater form of hypocrisy than this? The Bible speaks that it is a sin not to keep a secret if you are asked to do so. But I challenge any satanic worshiping freemason to seek out this passage in the Bible. Of course, they will not do so. Instead, they will simply claim that it is wrong for the church to keep secrets when in fact it is not wrong at all, but instead, spoken of in the Bible that there are times when someone must keep secrets. For if it were against the Bible to keep secrets then no Christian or Jew would be allowed to be members of any secret society now would they? However, this logic completely escapes the uneducated, goat riding, satanic freemason now doesn’t it?

Act like you respect masonry after spewing that hatred yesterday,I am sure that the KoC would just love having a member that speaks at length and hatefully about things that he knows nothing about.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Not only that, but you seem motivated by purely "mercenary" motives, which on principle is a bad reason to join, and counterproductive at the same time. I'm all for bettering the community, it's just that you are talking about mostly worldly things, which a fraternity such as Masonry and (ostensibly) the K of C can/would not help you with.

The one redeeming quality is that you seem to be looking for worldly improvements for others rather than yourself.

I suggest the Rotary for the business portion of what you are looking for; the K of C might be able to give you some direction, but from my experience in Masonry, I can say that initiation is not some great revelation or anything. You'll still be the same guy leaving as you were coming in. Therefore, it stands to reason that if you are unable to visualize and plan a strategy to achieve what you seek as a non-initiate, the K of C (as in institution) will do very little for you. On the other hand, you may meet some men who compliment your skills and can help you to achieve what you want to do.

In short, if you are interested in the K of C, by all means, check it out. It might be good for you in ways you have not yet considered.

I'll not expect to see you here bashing Masons in the future, however. Seeing as the K of C is modeled after Masonry, which would be very hypocritical of you indeed.

I suggest you take inventory before making a decision. I also suggest, as CN23 mentioned, that you speak with CC. He really seems to know his stuff.

[edit on 10/24/07 by The Axeman]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsig

FWIW, I didn't think so. Those were fair statements and questions IMHO.

You want to see harsh, look at his posts from yesterday.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

FWIW, I didn't think so. Those were fair statements and questions IMHO.

You want to see harsh, look at his posts from yesterday.

Hey Axe- I read them but being the better man I realized that yelling at him would do nothing but make me look like the lesser person. I can sense he has motives that aren't on the up and up but that doesn't mean I can't be.

As stated KoC is modeled after Masonry (which I'm sure he didn't know) so it would be hypocritical to say the least for Hotwings to bash Masonry but not them.

But truth be told they also have their closed door meetings, passwords and oaths to take (which I'm sure he also didn't know).

My question is that now knowing this does it make any difference to him.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If he is a ignorant, bigoted, paranoid antimason the Militia Immaculata would be more to his liking. He will be shocked and disappointed to find out many K of C members are also Masons.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I know very little about the K of C, but my grandfather, who died when I was 12, was a member, and he was a good man, so if he is anything to go by, then they are a good organization.

To respond to some of the later posts, no, you certainly don't have to join the Knights or any other group to get your community to work on common goals. However, it might be easier by joining them or another large, established group, because they will already have a community presence and reputation. It also might be harder, since you will be the 'new guy'. I'm not sure which route is best to go. I guess that depends on you and the community situation where you live

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

My God- YES please join the KoC.

They will forever change your life and give you the good and wholesomeness you crave in life.

Oh by the way ask them to give you their passwords, handshakes and a copy of their ritual before you join and see what they say.

Guess what?

They won't cause it's a secret. They protect their history as well so you just can't come off the street and sit in a meeting of theirs.

Will they let you sit in a meeting without being a member first? What happens behind their closed doors that is so secretive that I can't be one.

And why do I have to be a Catholic to join. Why do they discriminate against non Catholics?

And when you take the Oath during that ritual just remember that it's basically a copy of the Masonic one with some changes but for all intents and purpose it's the same.

Hmm..

I was asked to join the KoC by a priest I knew .. I thought about it, did my research .. I was already a Master Mason by this time and was trying to compare the two groups.

I asked for some details about the KoC from the guy I knew, he didn't tell me much, he gave me two other members phone numbers. Called them, they didn't elaborate at ALL on the rituals, I even went as far as to ask if it was similar to Masonry and they said "they wouldn't know about any of that" .. asked what a daily meeting would be like, only response from that was "typical business organization" .. k .. So.. the only thing i know about the KoC is they meet in the basement of our church. They have some kind of ritual(s) .. and they wear the big hats and swords sometimes in Church .. so I saw no outstanding reason to join .. so I told them so .. priest didn't mind I was a Mason either, in fact several of the KoC members where Masons ...... which being Catholic I wouldn't have guessed.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
my grand father and great grand father were and are both in it. we still have the sword from great grandfathers time. he doesnt talk about it much though.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
If he is a ignorant, bigoted, paranoid antimason the Militia Immaculata would be more to his liking. He will be shocked and disappointed to find out many K of C members are also Masons.

Here's one of them. Little 'ol me. I recently even took the 4th Degree. It's a good organization, similar in some aspects to Freemasonry. However it was founded as a Catholic organization to support the Church. Our Council does various things around the Parish to assist the Church (and our school) We also stand as Honor Guard at the funeral of our members, when the Bishop comes, etc.

By the way Corsig, while there are initiation rituals that to some degree (pardon the pun) are similar to Masonry, they are centered around Patriotism, Charity, Unity, etc. There are no oaths, no passwords, no handshakes. Seriously.

At a recent meeting a member was running late and didn't have his key-card to get in the door. I let him in but said "What's the password?" An older member overheard it and told me that when he joined years ago there WAS a password that was changed periodically, but that it had been dropped quite some time ago.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Pardon my ignarance, but is there any connection between the Knights of Columbus and Opus Dei?

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Saurus]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
Pardon my ignarance, but is there any connection between the Knights of Columbus and Opus Dei?

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Saurus]

It's not a bad question to ask but the answer is not at all.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
By the way Corsig, while there are initiation rituals that to some degree (pardon the pun) are similar to Masonry, they are centered around Patriotism, Charity, Unity, etc. There are no oaths, no passwords, no handshakes. Seriously.

At a recent meeting a member was running late and didn't have his key-card to get in the door. I let him in but said "What's the password?" An older member overheard it and told me that when he joined years ago there WAS a password that was changed periodically, but that it had been dropped quite some time ago.

Sure that's what you want us to believe. It's disinformation I yell ya by a high ranking member of the KoC.

A friend told me that his father on his death bed confessed that he was a member of the KoC inner circle that only a handful of people know about and even those people don't know who the others are incase they ever get caught by a member of the Vatican.

He said they worship a fish like object called "MahJahiram" which is combination of the latin words for "he who worships fish". If you go late at night you can hear them chanting the words and people saying "Shallow the fish whole" thrice repeated.

of course I never attended one of these meetings but I read about it on a website called "Kightofcolumbuswatch.org" so it must be true.

S&F

Cory

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I've heard that Opus Dei provide better sandwiches after meetings than the K o C, but the car stickers are a nicer colour in K o C.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I read about it on a website called "Kightofcolumbuswatch.org" so it must be true.
S&F
Cory

Oh thanks Cory! Now the secret's out and I'm in a bind. As a KofC I'm bound to hunt you down and well. . . you know.

But then again, it would violate my Masonic obligation, wouldn't it.

[sigh] decisions, decisions

top topics

<<   2 >>

join