It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists who question man’s impact on GW received death threats. True Science threatened?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

In the latest (AGW) gw news, there are fresh allegations of threats being issued against global warming skeptics. Via the UK Telegraph:

Scientists who questioned mankind’s impact on climate change have received death threats and claim to have been shunned by the scientific community.

They say the debate on global warming has been “hijacked” by a powerful alliance of politicians, scientists and environmentalists who have stifled all questioning about the true environmental impact of carbon dioxide emissions.

www.telegraph.co.uk

To the mods: This is not a discussion of AGW. This is a discussion of the conspiracy to silence true objective scientific thinking and skepticism that does not conform to "scientific consensus".

And to a lesser extent, the religious fervor that alarmists exhibit when their 'beliefs' are critisized.

Just so people understand. Scientific consensus is an oxymoron. Something either IS or IS NOT. It is not a democratic process where the majority rules.
In science you use the scientific method to 'prove' your theory or hypothesis. You back it up with observable, objective, replicatable data.

The above cited article illustrates my point that science is becoming politicised by believers and zealots who espouse a 'cause'.
It is an example of the actual science taking a backseat to the politicization of a predetermined outcome.
AGW is a perfect example of this process.
Funding for perfectly valid alternative scientific views is being threatened with termination.

PC has now come to the Scientific community.

It is a chilling process.

Mod Edit: Fixed source link, and shortened snippet.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Yes, as soon as I heard Al Gore mention the term Global warming over and over again on TV I knew that it was a scientific theory that had been hijacked by the politicians.

Global warming means massive spending projects by entire consortiums of governments and private entities. Have you seen some of the major projects that they have stated “might need to be done” to “combat” global warming?

For that matter whenever I hear that there is a “war” on something or that we need to “combat” something than that is when I realize that the general public is about to be taken for a major money blowing ride.

Some of these projects would cost trillions of dollars and of course would be in the nature that only certain companies closely tied to the government would be able to provide the solution “in time” to prevent the “doomsday” disaster.

Mirrors in space that would reflect sun light away from the planet? What a load of hogwash! Sounds to me like a possible way to implement a giant space based solar reflector weapons program while trying to scam the Japanese (and the American public) into paying for half of it.

As well, we will certainly need a bunch of massive government research projects conducted to search the oceans for oil, uh; I mean “solutions” to the global warming process. Just like we will need more government research to look at the polar ice caps for more oil, uh, I mean “solutions” to glacial ice melting.

It’s just one more global conspiracy to add to the bunch, huh? I guess it a good thing we are still here huh? That is, of course, unless Hillary “Oil” Clinton decides to shut this place down for spouting the truth, uh, I mean lies about her newly hatched global oil searching, uh, I mean global warming “combat” searching strategy.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I admire Timothy Ball for having the courage to speak out despite these threats. I imagine a lot of scientists would not have the inner fortitude to do so.

The powerful alliance of politicians and scientists want us to remain in the dark about what is really going on. They dont serve mankind any longer. They have a different master now.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I think its become obvious beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are about to enter a modern version of the "Dark Ages" were questioning truth itself has become the new "Inquisistion" with threat of detention.

I think this is merely a transitional step onto more sinister things, the human thought process is corrupted from cradle to grave now with only the very few who are conscious enough to see it .

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

I think we have been there for a long time already. The UFO cover up has lasted since the 1940's. The government has technology decades ahead of the public versions. When the truth gets out, and I hope it will eventually, people will be shocked.

So I think we are actually seeing the last few years of all the cover ups right now. It will get worse before it gets better, but in the end, everything will be revealed.

At least I hope so.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
Yes, as soon as I heard Al Gore mention the term Global warming over and over again on TV I knew that it was a scientific theory that had been hijacked by the politicians.

For anyone who does not believe this, google "carbon tax". You may find that that you will will be paying, improved, addtional taxes very soon. Thank you Al "blood and guts" gore.
Also google "al gore climate crisis" and "al gore carbon trading".
Here is a pdf file on ol Al. Shame hillbillary are not in on this particular scam. Millions to be made.
www.capitalresearch.org...

Global warming means massive spending projects by entire consortiums of governments and private entities. Have you seen some of the major projects that they have stated “might need to be done” to “combat” global warming?.

Well, more to the point, it means new legislation introducing a new "carbon tax". This will penalize any the govwants to target. Since there can only be an arbitrary "allowance" which will be controlled by Big Gov, and changable at at Biggov's fancy, (changing rules = unlevel playing field) then anyone/thing can now be a 'target'.
Very scary.
Another bogus tax. Consider a tax on the C02 in your breath. Won't be long my friends. Yes. Breathing could be a crime. This is the logic of this enviroMENTAL Naziism.

For that matter whenever I hear that there is a “war” on something or that we need to “combat” something than that is when I realize that the general public is about to be taken for a major money blowing ride.

See above. Very scary idiots running the show. Very scary.

new topics

top topics

join