It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital Televesion - NWO or Government Spying?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I don't think this is about spying but it does worry me. Spying doesn't make sense to me really and certainly doesn't much bother me -- if they want to see me wander around my house unclothed, so much the better for them. It'll put their eyes out.
But what really bothers me is the government control of the media/programming. How much easier it'll be for NWO or anyone else to control what goes into our pitiful little minds (SOME people in this country are easily swayed, unlike most of us here) They'll have the majority focused on Brittany Spears and her antics while they are able to get away with whatever they want. The "dumbing down" of the masses is what it's all about to me.
The signs are all there, from schools teaching kids to be good little workers, to government control of spankings, smoking, etc. The more they chip away at what we listen to, what we watch, etc, the less we can adequately participate in democracy.
To take it further, they will be able to slip in subtle mind control, messages. It isn't voodoo -- simple suggestions are all it takes.
When they take away free, public television and local channel access, they CONTROL completely and utterly everything that gets on the air. Period. There will be no way at all for any sane voice to intrude on their plans.
BTW, tied into this is the fact that they are REMOVING emergency radio channels -- primarily 121.5 the UNIVERSAL radio emergency channel. How better to eliminate ANY way at all for us to communicate the deeper we get into their ugly future.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
just wow.

tv is going digital because you can cram a WHOLE LOT more programming in a digital signal than an analog one. that's the biggest reason for the switch. it also helps that the government has a use for the freed up frequencies, either for itself or from the money gained from selling the rights to use them. this has been coming for a long time now, it's not something that suddenly got dropped on our laps.

phones, as mentioned before, have been digital for a long time now. you just may not have been aware of it. you either get a phone that goes from analog to digital or an IP phone that just stays digital. i use Vonage and all of our phones at work are IP based.

motorola has made countless processors over the years. hell if you have an older macintosh, the main cpu was made by motorola. just because they also make phones means nothing.

this stuff isn't some conspiracy, it's a technology update. there's no way (at least for now) that the gov't can spy on you with your television (unless you live in Soviet Russia.) =)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
LOL, why spy on you when you can input subliminal messaging, you will buy a digi-box, you will buy a digi-box...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I don't even understand why the digital to analog switch is even news.

This switch only affects people who do not have cable, satellite, or phone company TV. In other words, people who pick up their television signals from "rabbit ears" or some other type of antenna.

I can't even imagine how low the percentage is of people who use antennas to get their TV, at least here in the U.S.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChilledVoodoo
They want people to convert to digital tv because the government wants to use the frequencies currently being used by broadcasters.
I am not sure how the government would spy on us with this technology. Although it is possible for us to spy on them if the old tvs can pick up any audio through diffrent channels.

Err okay 2 points on your post (sorry)

1st - Easier to know what your watching habits are like (how could they possibly log you viewing habits on a standard analogue TV without modding it somehow?) - p.s this isn't necessarly sinister, the vocal minority have always ruined TV imo (ie Mary Whitehouse) vote with your fingers - not a strongly worded letter

2nd - How would it be possible for you to spy on them with old recieving equipment? do you really think that with all this effort to clear that bit of bandwidth they would simply transmit in "anyone can read this" analogue data?
it would be a digital transmission on a frequency (even rotating frequency's) for which you would need specific equipment to decombobulate the ones and zeros!!

Edit to add: one the first point I was really refering to digital services through cable where there is 2 way communication between equipment. (No clever remarks on postcards - you wont ever roll them up small enough to fit in the wires)
Edit to add to the edit!!: my first point really didnt apply to ChilledVoodoo's on 2nd reading - still.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Maybe the culprit isn't Digital signals afterall.

Maybe its the analog signals we pump out everyday that interfere with other... agendas.

Thats a large spectrum that will soon be unused, except for private purposes.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i would imagine the "terror alert" (in the usa) would go up during the days of transition. Yes it obviously is time to be making a legitimate upgrade, but at the same time I cant think a shadow government wouldn't try to take advantage of this somehow.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
My opinion is MIND CONTROL the frequency and the quality of the picture is of higher quaility.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I don't think HDTV is a way for government to see what we are doing. Although, it can be a way to record what we are seeing (not content, necessarily), including private videos and therefore tracking us. I tend to agree more with the theory that subliminal messaging can be much more easily disseminated to tv viewers and, thereby, instantenously put out to millions of citizens at one time. When in history has just about every government in the world banned together to mandate a change that will affect their citizens? Does this have something to do with the much propheticized end of civilization as we know it in 2012? Does it have anything to do with an alien culture telling our world leaders to get the public ready? Does it have meaning in government spying? Does it have anything to do with HDTV conspiracy theories not being all over the Internet and regulated to only a few web sites so conspiracy theoriests can be more easily tracked? I don't know. But I hope some of us doubters are working on ways to look deeply into the HDTV signal to see what else may be there and block it, if it is there.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

yes but they wil encript any thing imprtant for at least 100 years untill the old tvs are completely emilated and forgoten

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
you are correct.

fibre optics,which is the prime method of digital signal delivery was reverse engineered from salvaged,or as i like to put it , "set up" ufo locations.

the intention was for us to install fibre optics throughout our societies for the purpose of sending in qauntum entanlged photons trough them with which "they" can precisly manipulate sources of electromagnetism which are usually delivered through the electric grid,invented by tesla,the man who also invented the flying machines we have which resemble ufos.not to mention thousands of other systems used by "they".

what is also interesting is that those who are afflcited with morgellons are also permeated with fibre optic fibres within their body and on the surface,disguised as human hairs.once again to allow qauntum entlangled photons to enter the body at target specific points such as nerve endings in order to control the movements of the body.

photons are the carriers of electomagnetic force,everything form electricity,magnetisn to visible light.thus if you can control photons with remote quantum entanglement ,you can control all electromagnetism including that which recides in the human body such as voltages within the brain,ie mind control.

thus fibre optics digital network serves as a delivery system for remote manipulation of electromagnetism.

i really am saving you.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Biggy

I suspect it's both spying and to mass control the population through mind control of some techno type.

Wonder what most people did with their extra tax stimulus refund?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I myself know these boxes will be used for spying. And every house hold needs one. No one seems to be asking why, everyone just does what they are told. Soon it will be taking the mark of the beast. People just do everything willingly and don't question anything. This is part of the NWO but most people have been so brainwashed they go along with the flow.

Think of the election no one had a choice that is why I didn't vote. Obama Bush, McCain and the fake election. All this is part of the government conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
you all should understand that all televisions made since 2006 have a 'black box' inside as do the cable networks...'they' have all the money.gold that they need now 'they' need to 'control' track' every single being on earth and 'they' are well on the way to doing it!!!!i

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I was googling when I bumped into this post. It interested me because of what my "DTV Pal" by Dish was doing...

The box will periodically turn itself on any time of the day.
But it's not scheduled as normal "TV Guide Updates" are. The thing just waits until you are watching an old VHS or playing a game, which passes through it, and it turns on. Some times causing some visual interference as well...

I have to wonder if the thing has a hidden camera and/or at least a transmitter that let's big bro know what were doing with our TV set and possibly how our expression is while were watching it!...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I've entertained the idea, but that doesn't mean you can rule out things such as more efficient use of bandwidth and better quality.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Ok now here's the deal with digital transmissions and other UHF bands. Now most would beleive that digital transmissions would be a stronger signal? this is a true statment please note,analog is radical and multi directional. Now please don't think that we are at anyway in the eye of harm due to this transition, it will actully benifit us in any farfeched scenearo. With the digital recivers digital signal is only transmitted to the general area of reception.when this happens analog transmissions will be or excuse me, can be used to dampen the digital over spill into the other frequencies and render us as a noise polluting speciec virtully silent to others passing by...if you know what i mean. Change is here its not so bad. Trust me.

Future program Directer FEMA.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Okay, time for a quick reality check.

In order to spy on someone, there must be a way for information to flow. That means information must flow from you or your surroundings to whoever wants to spy on you.

With that in mind, I ask you all: How can information flow out from a device that has no transmitter (and the HD tuners have NO transmitter), and no connectivity to the internet or any other transfer medium?

The answer? It CAN'T.

This transition is all about freeing up the analog transmission frequencies that are currently crowded with television broadcasts - a waste of precious bands, by modern technological standards. Now, think of this. If you could arrange things so that you could still transmit the garbage that comes across the airwaves, and use the majority of the spectrum for something more useful, wouldn't you?

And therein lies the real conspiracy. Do a quick web search and you'll find countless articles about Google and other consumer advocacy groups lobbying the FCC to allocate these newly freed bands for use as free internet (which is being vehemently opposed by ISPs evrywhere, of course).

Think of it. A high bandwidth pipeline to expand the methods currently used to spy on people (think of what changes there will be in cell phones and wireless devices when and if Google and others get their wish).

There's a conspiracy for you.

But for goodness sake, please stop all this mindless babbling about digital television being used to spy on you. Sorry, it's not going to happen.

In fact, it would be much easier for your cable company to spy on which channels you were watching than it would be for someone to figure out which channel you were tuned into on your digital tuner (that is, unless someone was in or very near your house and had a TEMPEST radiation receiver to read the Van Eck Radiation, but chances of that are slim, and if someone goes to those lengths, you've got waaay bigger problems than someone knowing what you're watching on television!).

So everyone just chill out, enjoy the HiDef, and maybe the free internet, and relax. It's not like anyone has a good reason to spy on anyone posting on these forums anyway. We're only slightly nuts.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
My TV broke a month ago and I have never owned a cellphone. I don't feel like I am missing anything and since the TV broke I have more time.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by endless_observer

Don't bring logic into this thread! This is for NWO believers, who hate logic and evidence! It's the antithesis to their beliefs.

No return path = no spying.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join