It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital Televesion - NWO or Government Spying?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I recently have been seeing commercials about a transition to DTV (Digital TV).

This had me start thinking about the possibility of the Government, CIA, NWO using this as a new way to Spy on the US and beyond.

Most of all the DTV boxes are made by Motorolla and that started me thinking of the possibility of cell phones already being used to do this. Then I thought about Apple and the iPods, iphones, but thats another story.

Anways. What do you all think?

I saw these websites and find them of a bit of interest.

www.dtv.gov... (why is the governmnent involved with digital TV?)
www.dtvtransition.org... (Commercials on TV)

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yeah absolutely. Notice the x over to VoIp (voiceover internet protocol) where someday we'd have to use inet to make phone calls?! No thanks. Also, on that note, anyone know if *they* got plans to phase of phone lines? Ending analog tv is a big deal, people aren't paying attention enough to this. Remember the 'lie' difference here: 1s and 0s 'skip' time, they don't represent truthfully like analog tape does/die. That the tek angle I always think of.

On the spying issue, yeah, already going on w/ cellies, let alone the brain cancer they produce. A half-hour phone call sometimes, and I got vicious migraine headaches in specific spots on head I attribute to cell phone usage.

"They can see everything on Earth -- w/ their satellites and roving drones"

Is my position, postmodern age, a lot is considered spying by most. ... look how easy *they*nwo got us into cell phones. I know plenty of people that don't even have land lines anymore. Disconnect the social age, turning people inward, listening to headphones, ritualized tv every night for millions. Or hiding in your car to and fro work. Sitting at home w/ the tv/inet SCREENS and going to minimalls. This already is the nwo unfortunately.

Plastic death on credit soon America paying for the mortgages on plastic, these collapses can't be smoothed over when we're dealing w/ a successful 'evil' presence on the planet. Their WW3 began on S11 and people on this site particular like egging on war, like that matters, *they* do what they want but do *they* have plans for when the oil runs out? When the trucks and planes ain't delivering the food to the last coupla first world counties? Where's the MAVLEV trains aside from China and Japan?

I should go on but I'd rather calm down for the moment. Trillions, 9 trillion in debt -- it's like a freaking mantra to my mind at this pt in time.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Three little words =

"Total Information Awareness"

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That strange how that gov site has a countdown as the main focus of the page they seem pretty hard up for this DTV and its the first time I have heard of it, more bullship for the masses.

Like I have said so many times before we'll live our lives never knowing we've been had, it's what sheep do.

[edit on 103131p://upThursday by seridium]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Then, *they* didn't get us. Once the nwo starts invading your personal lives, you'll know it -- check that ATS Omega Agency article. Says *they* want to induce the thing over a 5 day time period. Seems like these things are on the outer brim of what's really at stake. What that is, I have no idea.

Can't be good, 'terror' wars for oil and reducing the world's population and countless DHS SS laws instilled into Amerika.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They want people to convert to digital tv because the government wants to use the frequencies currently being used by broadcasters.
I am not sure how the government would spy on us with this technology. Although it is possible for us to spy on them if the old tvs can pick up any audio through diffrent channels.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I see Johnny, I see Jane, I see Rhonda Romperoom style in the 60's. I really thought she did see me in my six year old mind in her magic mirror. I think the NWO will 'see' us perhaps not directly, but certainly know what exactly we view. Just a not so paranoid thought.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

Yeah absolutely. Notice the x over to VoIp (voiceover internet protocol) where someday we'd have to use inet to make phone calls?! No thanks. Also, on that note, anyone know if *they* got plans to phase of phone lines? Ending analog tv is a big deal, people aren't paying attention enough to this. Remember the 'lie' difference here: 1s and 0s 'skip' time, they don't represent truthfully like analog tape does/die. That the tek angle I always think of.

I hate to tell you this - but the phone system digitizes your voice as soon as it gets to the local CO.

You're not really making analog phone calls - haven't been for decades.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have wondered about this analogue\digital changeover and when I first heard about it I must admit I was skeptical and suspicious.

I have digital TV and noticed how badly it reacts to the weather. If it rains too heavily you get the "no signal message". Compared to anlogue digital is rubbish. If there is anything in this climate change thing we won't be having any decent tv reception!

Is it a coincidence that this changeover will be completed by that magical date 2012? There are lots of threads on this date, but this one about pictures and sounds in the sky might be relevantthread.

And what do the government want with these frequencies anyway?

Or is the BBC so short of money that they are just flogging these to make a buck? They have recently announced job cuts and more repeats. It just makes me SERIOUSLY consider chucking the TV out and saving the licence fee costs.

Is it just the BBC or is this happening elsewhere too?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZeyIs it just the BBC or is this happening elsewhere too?

www.theherald.co.uk...

By 2012, viewers throughout the UK will no longer be able to watch BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Five without buying a digital box and, in many cases, a compatible aerial.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Biggy are you in the US and are they changing to digital too?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It is GLOBAL YZ. The big cheese have wanted these analogue channels for years. Time frame is Feb 17, 2009. Need a converter box after that. The mil wants them in a major fasion. And they will get them.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I didn't realise that this was a global thing. And if the governments are involved then somethings up - I don't suppose they will be starting their own entertainment channels.

If this is global does this mean that governments co-operating with each other on a grand scale. It also sounds like its something they have been pretty keen (desperate) to get their hands on.

What makes these frequencies so desirable over others? How do these analogue frequencies interact and affect others i.e. mobile phones, digital tv, radio frequencies, infrared and ultraviolet, the brain frequencies, radiation, microwaves etc.

Is this a spying thing? A tracking system for the chips they want to implant humans with? A new internet to link up global surviellance? A new radar system to keep up with advances in invisible aircraft? Something do to with space and SETI? Is it a form of behaviour control, mind control?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
More than likely all of the above YZ. They are laying the Hopi indian net. This will be the first installment of many 'upgrades'. Spurious analogue signals will 'get in the way' and minimalize the grand scheme.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
could it be that this new frequency would be used to read the new RFID chips ...?

just a thought.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

New ones come out all the time, but no, most of them don't operate in this frequency range.

You could operate one in that range I suppose, but it wouldn't be particularly "better" in some way.

Also they'd only be E field type chips, good for tagging merchandise or something, but not so useful for people.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
JadenX that has occurred to me too.

They would need something uniform across the world if the chips are going to be tracked worldwide.

You would need one big network of local (cell) towers (notice how many of these have been going up lately and how they are being hidden and disguised) which pick up the analogue signal from the chip then inserts the information into a central database (dna database anyone?) The information can be used to activate a camera to watch and listen to what we are doing and they can then bellow orders to us through the ones which talk (or create a voice inside our heads to talk to us).

LOL I just had a picture of a huge scanner in the sky beeping as we go about our lives.

I just can't accept that my life is that exciting that someone would want to spy on me. I am not intelligent enough to be a threat to anyone that powerful.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

Not much fear of that here - you can't implant an E-field RFID part. They won't work.

And the implanted sort have to be within maybe two feet of the interrogator, so a cell tower won't do.

I think the real issue here is that radio spectrum space is very tight. By going to digital, you can dispense with a great deal of the space used by analog broadcasts, since the digital broadcasts are much more spectrum efficient. This frees up the spectrum for other uses, and not just evil nefarious ones. Like land, they're not making any more of it.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
By going Digital instead of Analog their going to be using the UHF/VHF radio range, now I'm not the first person to say this but, thats going to be like announcing our presence to the entire solar system. Small wonder seti have never found anything, have you seen the binary DATA stream that seti send out, no small wonder that any intelligent life form out there has looked and gone, WTF is that!

I think when they see our advertising and star-trek re-runs they're intreast might actually peak enough for them to make the journey across space, imagine their disappointment when they get here to find a class-M planet with no star cruisers!

Do they watch TV? God know's what they might watch on our own signal, but it'll be enough to seal the fate of humanity forever!

Talk about digging our own grave!
I just hope their peaceful and not hungry!

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Brother_Amos]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
To Biggy- the OP...

The main plank in your platform seems to be that DTV boxes are made by Motorola...

Regardless of who makes them, I do not think there is a Diebold-Voting Machine
type of corporate conspiracy... and I believe in that conspiracy.

The reason I do not believe that DTV is an NWO plot is simple-
the BOXES will be connected to a SMALL PERCENTAGE of DTV TV sets...
that is- old analog non-16:9 tube TVs.

MOST of America will own at least ONE native HDTV... whether a super dope LCD or DLP flat screen or a normal good old fashioned rear-projection HD model...

Those TVs will get the signal with REGULAR RABBIT EARS... that is, antennas.

Or cable boxes, or satellite, like they do now.

Therefore- the government cannot, and is not, going to monitor what the rabbit ears on your HDTV is watching... and if they are going to monitor through existing HD digital cable boxes, they guess what- they are already doing it, and we are now BEFORE the DTV transition in 13 months ( February 19 2008)...

So- the transition to DTV?

Not a plot.

It is...

a) a natural progression of picture and audio quality- a technical and creative evolution.

b) an opportunity for the government to make some money auctioning off the old
analog spectrum- making them billions.

c) it expands EMERGENCY RESPONSE broadcast network capabilities.

d) simply a better mousetrap... HDTV can be almost defined as the convergence of video and film, to make a better product for the consumer... films look like they do on the theaters, and TV becomes cinematic.

I am a conspiracy theorist who believes in MOST of the theories proffered here...
but I do not think HDTV is one of them...

If they are monitoring anything... it's the WEB!

It's ATS!

That is easy to monitor-- compared to over-the-air TV signals that a wire hanger can pick up and turn into sound and motion pictures.

TPM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join