It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General claims Bush gave 'marching orders' on aggressive interrogation at Guantanamo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

General claims Bush gave 'marching orders' on aggressive interrogation at Guantanamo

rawstory.com

More than 100,000 pages of newly released government documents demonstrate how US military interrogators "abused, tortured or killed" scores of prisoners rounded up since Sept. 11, 2001, including some who were not even expected of having terrorist ties, according to a just-published book.

In Administration of Torture, two American Civil Liberties Union attorneys detail the findings of a years-long investigation and court battle with the administration that resulted in the release of...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
ABUSE CRISIS: ACLU : Bush Authorized Torture
UN Report: US Is Abusing Captives

Mod Edit: Removed copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What I do not understand about the whole "Bush Ordered Torture" idea is how come no one can 'pin' anything on him. Is it the use of his unconstitutional executive orders that keeps him free of war crimes charges, or is it that there is no one willing to stand up to him?

One of the related thread links is from 2004... How come nothing has been done since this all started to come to light?
DocMoreau

rawstory.com

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wow, not a single response....

Is it that no one had anything to say, or is it that the thread took a dive?
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i think its just that noone is really shocked and suprised any more!

we are becoming ever more de synthesised to the negative actions of our leaders.

you know it wouldnt suprise me if bush wasnt actually human,was sent here from a far off place purely for the reason of depopulating the planet

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There have been several threads in relation to exposing the criminality of our current administration including efforts to bring them to justice for their misdeeds.
Chalk this one up as yet another example of why this needs to be done sooner than later. All he has to do is declare some kind of ambiguous national emergency and he's got the country by the gonads...he already does.
We need some of that regime change.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Actually, standing from the side-lines looking in, its clear that this is just more of the dumbfounded and shell-shocked behaviour that has been typical of American society since 911. We on the outside could never understand from the get-go why you guys bought up all the weapons of mass destruction crap your gov. was putting out. It was obvious to the rest of the world something was wrong with that picture, but you guys ate it up, with gusto!
The "supreme leader" says its so so it must be so, I guess.
Now, with evidence showing up that your pres. has continued to do dastardly things and lie about it, all you do is roll over and say, whats for supper? Anything on sale at Walmart today??
Just a bunch of dumbed down zombies utterly uncaring about what your "leaders" are doing to other people around the world as long as you get your lame sense of security with a healthy dose of steak and beer.
Well, most of you anyway.
The mind-f**king has worked!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Please someone, get him, put him in a court to testify so we can bypass the whole IMPEACHMENT procedure that is too long, and convict that son of a biatch Bush for war crimes.

Please please please!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If the evidence is credible, he should be impeached and tried for his alleged crimes.

Of course, that wont happen in our country. We're too busy racing towards our next four year blunder.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau

What I do not understand about the whole "Bush Ordered Torture" idea is how come no one can 'pin' anything on him. Is it the use of his unconstitutional executive orders that keeps him free of war crimes charges, or is it that there is no one willing to stand up to him?

One of the related thread links is from 2004... How come nothing has been done since this all started to come to light?
DocMoreau

rawstory.com

I'll tell you why---Because many of the top level congress members were ACCOMPLICES and co-conspirators in this, by SIGNING off on approval of torture! So if they try him, then they are guilty by association of the same exact war crimes!

The ENTIRE group (save for a few) are compromised! They are ALL guilty of war crimes.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
And they will all protect eachother if they are threatened.
You've seen it in the movies...they prolly have a whistleblower phone tree for this kinda thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thanks to all who posted some thoughts...

If we are so 'shell-shocked' by what the Bush administration has done, how are we ever going to be able to look our kids in the eye if we don't do something about it.

Can we really allow history to view this generation as the generation whose apathy enabled the end of the Constitution, and The United States of America itself?

I don't.
DocMoreau

EDIT TO ADD:
Wow, when I re-found this thread, I hardly realized that it was nearly a year old... We must have been on total Apathy mode last fall...

[edit on 16/9/2008 by DocMoreau]

top topics

join