It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Rockies Conspiracy?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
As most of you know the colorado rockies world series tickets went on sale for the 2nd time today at noon MTN time. Obviously demand was very high and tickets were gonna be hard to come by... only 60,000 avalible for 3 games. I have already talked over the phone or internet with 100's of fans from colorado none of whom were able to purchase tickets. Its seems that the only place to find tickets are on stubhub where tickets are literally $400-$17,000 dollars above face value. Look here at the Rockies web site message board. I think MOST tickets went to brokers. The league and the rockies FO wasnt happy with the 30,000,000 they were gonna make at face value... So why not get part of the profit from all the fees and insane prices

www.forums.mlb.com...

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Scyman]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is an endemic problem to all major events; concerts, World Series, Super-bowl... Ticket scalpers get MOST of the tickets. Do the venues, owners, franchises care??? I think not. After all, who would you rather have filling the seats at your venue, someone who paid $250 for a seat who can barely afford that, or someone who paid $2500 for the same seat and can afford all the swag I have to sell?!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I agree. A fixed price for tix makes no sense at all, at least not for high-demand events. There should be an online bidding system...think of how much money the financially struggling Rockies could have raked in!

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scyman
I think MOST tickets went to brokers.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Scyman]

Nope. Red Sox Nation bombard the system. We will buy every ticket that is possibly available. The Rockies computer system was not ready for the Nation's assult.

new topics

top topics

join