It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man levitates outside white house

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I figured it out, nice trick...

I will leave it for the rest of you to figure out.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInfamousOne
This is just a trick, I've actually seen this done before.

Notice the carpet that he is over, that is the base that is in the ground, the stick is the other device that is holding him up. The stick is actually connect to another small platform underneath him that supports his weight.

I saw the trick to this levitation when i was 13 years old and saw this done at my high school.

It's an old trick that goes back centuries.

Correct! Give the man a candy
That is how it's done...

Jimbo

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Maybe so,Chowzer... All I know is that he's not leaning up against a stick. In order for him to be doing what these "debunkers" are claiming, he'd have to have superb balance, a balance that would be remarkable in and of itself..

But there's a 'platform' attatched to the stick - it's the one he's sitting on
This is an old parlour trick - honest.

Jimbo

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Please keep in mind, these levitations are tricks, illusions and such, gadgets and props are used, no on levitates.

These kinds of illusions have been in use for thousands of years actually. They've been used exstensively by the Yogis of India, the monks of Tibet, Jesus of Nazareth, the priestesses of ancient Greece, the priests of ancient Egypt, the seers of Babylon, and so on. Once they were used to control gulible and naive populations - today they are used to amuse and entertain...

Jimbo

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I have to wonder what Bush thinks when he looks out his window and sees some guy levitating...

lmao
Bush normally sees that stuff or so I hear!

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
Criss Angel could levitate over the White House fence, if it were not for the fact of getting shot to death by the Secret Service!! Imagine the looks on the faces of the cops there if they saw a human being float over the grounds!! Here he is on a golf course one morning astounding a few golfers: Imagine him venturing over the fence and heading toward Georgie boys window!!

Criss Angel has proven himself more and more on each show he does but how do people exactly beleive this. With todays technology anything can be done on the tv, internet, or movies. As funny as it would be to see bush's face when he notices a guy floating in front of his window it is too much to beleive. For me seeing is beleiving, and when i say seeing I mean seeing with my own eyes not through the teleivison or internet. So this entire thread is mostly pointless entertainment.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Youthmind]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
www.metacafe.com...

Here's a spoiler, he does a lousy job

Bonaduce Levitation
www.mallusionist.com...

David Blaine Levitation and Walking On Water
www.openmagic.info...

Oh and the UFO someone said they saw, yes they saw it, it is how he does it,

Criss Angel Levitation Revealed
www.openmagic.info...

www.flixya.com...

[edit on 113131p://bWednesday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
They had a whole show about this on Discovery once!!!

It started in India, I think. All you to is stick a pole SECURELY in the ground, and then have a seat coming off of the pole. Then you sit on it. They even showed a guy getting onto one and then using his robe to cover it up.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Vashtar]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The same principle was shown in some magic revealed program I watched a while back. They had a woman lying horizontally on the top of the handles of 3 vertical broomsticks. Then the magician removed two of the broomsticks until there was only one, supporting the whole weight of the lovely assistant, at her ankles. Turns out the last broomstick was a steel rod which sat in a hole in floor that was disguised by the bristles (for lack of a better word) of the broom. The other end connected to a brace that ran down the side of the assistant under her dress.

Simple really.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Magic is supposed to make you doubt the obvious, that's the whole point. You say to yourself "wow, holly *%&^&, that was awsome, it can't be something so simple" and like every human, you WANT it to be real, but you know it's not. But you WANT it to be. that's just human nature. All magic is so simple and draws off of that WANT. There's a video of that same guy who sits on a pole and hovers. He's hanging of the side of a building with an umbrella, it's easy to see he is kneeling on a custom shim with on leg, while the other one hangs. YOu can see that tarp behind him. It's niave people who have no street smarts whatsoever who actually believe this can happen, a guy hover, in real life.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

NONE of the links offered show ANYTHING resembling the high levitations. There are NO videos of anyone doing the same thing under even similar conditions. Telling how someone does a one foot high levitation does NOT explain the events such as the golf course event or the Luxor event. There has NEVER been one songle person that has exposed Criss as a fake or as using props in the high levitations. Apples and oranges.

There are illusionists, and stage magicians, etc. But there are a few people, three or four, who do NOT need props to levitate and no proof of such has EVER been shown. There are some events that defy explanation OTHER than intrinsic ability. NO ONE can post a video of someone replicating the Criss events such as the high levitations, because no one can produce the same effects without props being obvious. Anyone who believes that Criss can generate immediate and life long loyalty from total strangers better think again: Over his entire career, not ONE allegation of such has EVER been made, because there are no props there. Simple. NO witnesses have EVER been asked to lie or be paid for keeping quiet.

What it boils down to is what do you believe? Your lying eyes or the people who make claims without proof? You decide, but decide based on evidence and not conjecture.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

NONE of the links offered show ANYTHING resembling the high levitations. There are NO videos of anyone doing the same thing under even similar conditions. Telling how someone does a one foot high levitation does NOT explain the events such as the golf course event or the Luxor event. There has NEVER been one songle person that has exposed Criss as a fake or as using props in the high levitations. Apples and oranges.

There are illusionists, and stage magicians, etc. But there are a few people, three or four, who do NOT need props to levitate and no proof of such has EVER been shown. There are some events that defy explanation OTHER than intrinsic ability. NO ONE can post a video of someone replicating the Criss events such as the high levitations, because no one can produce the same effects without props being obvious. Anyone who believes that Criss can generate immediate and life long loyalty from total strangers better think again: Over his entire career, not ONE allegation of such has EVER been made, because there are no props there. Simple. NO witnesses have EVER been asked to lie or be paid for keeping quiet.

What it boils down to is what do you believe? Your lying eyes or the people who make claims without proof? You decide, but decide based on evidence and not conjecture.

What it boils down to is whether or not you are a sucker

It's just a magic trick.
If you think otherwise, please disprove me

Actually, there have been a few videos of cris angel getting caught wrapping a foot around a wire during a high levitation. In addition, cris himself has explained how he does lower levitation tricks. Now if he is magic, why can he only do high levitation and have to rely on trickery for low levitation? More importantly, the high levitation trick starts as a low levitation trick so does he fake the bottom half but it becomes real the higher he gets?

It's just a trick people

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Please come up with the film of a prop during a high levitation. I challenge you to do so. I do not believe that such a thing exists, and that you are merely repeating nonsense. Proof please or admit that you have no basis in fact to allege such.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Please come up with the film of a prop during a high levitation. I challenge you to do so. I do not believe that such a thing exists, and that you are merely repeating nonsense. Proof please or admit that you have no basis in fact to allege such.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chowzor
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

There is a technology called Ion Wind that uses highly charged Ion particles that basically 'push against' gravity.

It only occurs at extremely high voltages, although it's perfectly possible that this man could have some sort of Ion Wind device attached to him.

What you're referring to would take a room sized machine to levitate him.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What a laugh!! The videoa you possted do NOT show anything like the event Criss does. You are being dishonest and just hpoing no one watches the videos you posted. In one all the video does is show an alleged " UFO " in the sky, and another claims the silly old ' paid witnesses ' nonsense. There are NO VIDEOS in existence that show HOW Criss did the high levitations. The other videos show the LOW one foot type tricks that anyone can do. So you have FAILED totally to show anyone duplicating the events, and you have failed to show a likley or possible means of doing so.

It is rather hard to get people to believe that it is all tricks when not ONE person on earth can duplicate the event, and not ONE person on earth has ever alleged props and shown proof of such. Those old videos you posted have been around forever, and have all been looked at and found totally unable to show how the events were done. It is all guess work and assumptions, and silly ones at that. It is teenage nonsense to deny the empirical evidence and ignore the facts.

Please show us ONE video of anyone on earth doing high levitations, with or without props, that even come close to what Criss does. You cannot, and have not.No one has ever replicated Criss. Why? Because they are all too lazy? too stupid? too incompetent? Maybe Criss has an exclusive on all the invisible props that are in the world!! Maybe he is such a slick illusionist that no one else can out perform him..maybe. But there has NEVER been a video made that shows the same type of high levitations, and there is no video that explains what we see Criss do, at least that makes any sense.

Those videos you posted are an amateur attempt to try and explain the events, but they fail terribly, and you must assume many factors NOT in evidence in order to believe them. There is NO EVIDENCE whatsoever, none, that shows any props, or anyone duplicating the events. Look at the videos you posted...all low trick nonsense, and NONE showing a plausible or possible explanation for the events. None. I have researched this thoroughly, and if there was any proof of anyone doing the same thing, or giving a likley alternative, I would have seen it by now: It does not exist.

Just post ONE video of one ' paid witness ' alleging such, or ONE prop, or ONE employee alleging props..Show us ONE example of anyone, anyone at all, attempting the same feats as Criss. with or without props, and see if they can produce the same effects. You cannot because no such videos exist; prove ME wrong!!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I recall the first time I saw this 'levitation' trick. I was wondering what that little 'foot twirl' was. Obvious to me he was wrapping some sort of supsension wire around his leg. I think the real challenge would be for him to perform this trick on demand in a location not of his choosing.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

So why haven't you answered my question???? In one of the videos I posted, Criss Angel himself shows how he does his low levitation. The low levitation is a trick. So why does he need trickery with low levitation and not high levitation? And he can't do high levitation without first doing low levitation so is 1/2 of his high levitation faked and 1/2 real?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Please show us ONE video of anyone on earth doing high levitations, with or without props, that even come close to what Criss does.

You got it

www.youtube.com...

Here's another that shows low levitation. Should be the 3rd video from the top
www.mydigitallife.info...

And here's my favorite video so far debunking one of Criss Angels high levitations. I think it's done VERY well with great explanations and visual tools.

www.youtube.com...

Once again, It's just a trick.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join