It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted: 9/11 News Bias

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
haha

your response was almost as entertaining as fox.

a+

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarrr
haha

a+

Ok, I threw my hands up on that one. Why do I feel like I am discussing something with a mean third grader?

Done with you scarrr.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
We here at ATS are probably the most Biased people on the planet. So, whats the point? The Left controls nearly all of the TV News and your upset the Right has one Channel? This ranks up there with wanting to censor the Right because they dominate Talk Radio because shows from the Left are boring.

I subscribe to the principal of if I don't like it I change the Channel. Are you for censoring anyone you don't agree with? Is that what you are truly saying? I like the fact that I can go from CNN (Lefties) to FNC (Righties) by clicking my remote once and see both sides of a story. Does any sensible person really want to only hear one side and be brainwashed?

Thank God we have a variety of views available to us. Imagine what it would be like if we only had one side of every story. It used to be that way you know. I grew up with only three channels if you lived in the right spot and your antennae was just right. NBC, CBS and ABC was all we got. You could not fit a piece of paper between their opinions on the topics. It did not matter which channel you watched. It is way better now so lets not go backward to the Bad Old Day's.

We could do without CNBC though

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
ok I spose stating my opinion on the media before i posted my opinion on fox would have saved some time heh.

it's in my personal opinion that the media (be it CNN, FOX, MSNBC, ect) is controlled by certain people. these certain people GIVE us our "right thinkers" and our "left thinkers" to keep us seperated. it's on purpose and it's obvious to me they have an agenda. im not mad that FOX has it's own channel, I really could care less since I rarely watch it. what im upset at is the whole damn media as a whole, which is a whole other topic.

anyway, ill shut up

carry on

[edit on 23-10-2007 by scarrr]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Somebody better get this over to Dan Rather RIGHT NOW! Tell him the story with George Bush's military service papers is on hold.

Wait!..............Dan?

DAN? Where are you?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

Originally posted by scarrr
haha

a+

Ok, I threw my hands up on that one. Why do I feel like I am discussing something with a mean third grader?

Done with you scarrr.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by cavscout]

Wow. I am yet to read more continuous veiled insults (hidden amongst some flawed logic) by one member in a single thread in such quick succession.

There is one inescapable fact you cannot avoid - opinions on peoples behaviour or judgments (such as your suggestion scarr is being child like in his discussion) results from being able to identify the same trait within your own psyche whether the subject of your judgment possesses the same or not - it is the defence mechanism of projection and you sweety, stink of it.

No wonder you feel the need to have an avatar with a gun........there is a lot of insecurity lurking beneath that bravado.

*next*

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by the titor experience
There is one inescapable fact you cannot avoid - opinions on peoples behaviour or judgments (such as your suggestion scarr is being child like in his discussion) results from being able to identify the same trait within your own psyche whether the subject of your judgment possesses the same or not - it is the defence mechanism of projection and you sweety, stink of it.

Oh gosh! Really, truly, and factually? Well gee, I just don’t know what I will do now.

You can take your last century Freudian garbage and stick it ... well you seem like a smart girl, I think you know where.

Could it be that he really was being child like
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

No, couldn’t be. It must stem from me being afraid daddy is going to chop off my "manhood" right?

Tell me more about myself, oh blessed priestess of the High Temple of Academia.

No wonder you feel the need to have an avatar with a gun........there is a lot of insecurity lurking beneath that bravado.

Yes, that or it could have something to do with woman's right to protect herself from a rapist on even footing.

Oh, you must not have read the words in the avatar. What were you fixated on in my avatar if not the words?

Oh, never mind. I see you are from Australia, where you pride yourselves on the fact that you are so civilized that a woman must lie there and take it instead of having a means to protect herself from the stronger, more aggressive gender. You probably did read the words and just think that a battered, bloodied and violated woman is morally superior to one who defended herself. You are just so enlightened! It makes me so happy I look around and all I see is pink!

BTW, see your theory about me passing judgments and then go look in a mirror.

*next*

What is that? A dismissal? From you?

I am sorry, you see it is just that I have never heard of you, never seen you post before, yet you are on ATS dismissing people.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Come on guys..............

Lets stay on topic and cease the sniping back and forth. It adds nothing to the debate at hand which when I last checked was "Busted 9/11 News Bias"

Cheers

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The problem with Fox news is not that they are blatantly far right wing, it is that they GROSSLY distort a lot of things and present them as FACT. Other channels do similar things, but they are more subtle and covert about it. So... this is nothing new.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged
it is that they GROSSLY distort a lot of things and present them as FACT. Other channels do similar things, but they are more subtle and covert about it.

Why would that be a problem with Fox News?

If the other news networks are sneakier about it wouldn’t that make them worse than Fox?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged
The problem with Fox news is not that they are blatantly far right wing, it is that they GROSSLY distort a lot of things and present them as FACT. Other channels do similar things, but they are more subtle and covert about it. So... this is nothing new.

Please give me an example of this gross distortion. I'd be interested in seeing what you mean.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join