It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted: 9/11 News Bias

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Busted: 9/11 News Bias

www.jonesreport.com

The memo, dated March 23, 2004, says:
"The so-called 9/11 Commission has already been meeting. In fact, this is its eighth session. The fact that former Clinton and both former and current Bush administration officials are testifying gives it a certain tension, but this is not 'what did he know and when did he know it' stuff. Don't turn this into Watergate"

It is that Fox headquarters was instructing its reporters to stay away from reporting anything controversial about 9/11.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-10-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
As if any intelligent person needed more proof.

Hopefully this is enough hard evidence to wake-up even the most hard-lined republicans and conservatives.

www.jonesreport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

As if any intelligent person needed more proof.

Hopefully this is enough hard evidence to wake-up even the most hard-lined republicans and conservatives.

Proof? Hard evidence? I see neither. If this is your idea of proof then I have proof the aliens told you to give ma all your money. It is coming out of the printer right now, I'll get it right over to you.

Not that this memo is a huge deal if it is real.

I do have some real news for you though: all news is biased!

It is entertainment. News agencies have to make MONEY. They aren’t going to do that without giving you what you want to hear.

And what was that line about hard lined republicans and conservatives for? That right there told me all I needed to hear: you base your news source on your bias.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I don't think we even need hard evidence that FoxNews is bias. All you need to do is tune in and there is your proof.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Eh. All news is bias. CNN is bias. MSNBC is bias. ALL news is bias to a degree. And wala Jones Report is bias. Individuals here are bias.

I dont think this is "news" or suprising.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

This isn't proof of anything. One can reasonably read the document as saying that the reporters shouldn't turn it into Watergate for neither the Clinton nor Bush administrations. Further, the conclusions that the article draws are based on beliefs that remain unproven. The only bias proven here by this letter is on the part of the writer of the original article.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So, an article is posted about media bias, and the source is Alex Jones.

Takes one to know one I guess.

You don't need potentially fake memos and videos about the fake memos to be proof of FOX News bias. You need only to fact check on credible sources and compare that to the things spewed from the mouths of people like Hannity and O'Reilly.

For all we know, this memo could be real, but could have been sent around by FOX News to see who would "expose" it.

This isn't proof of anything, in my opinion. Pretty much anything by Alex Jones isn't proof of anything.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Congradulations,

You got'em. You've just busted open the whole 9/11 conspiracy. Yep.

What are they going to do now?

I bet they know the truth is out and its on ATS!!! "They" must be quakin in their boots.

You solved the mystery, I can sleep tonight.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfTom

Can you clarify who you consider "they" and "them" to be? Because I see you only mention "9/11 conspiracy", and as I am so sure you know, a conspiracy is two or more people planning or executing an unlawful or treacherous plan.

Given that correct definition of the word conspiracy, technically 9/11 was a conspiracy no matter which side you believe.

So guess what you are if you believe 19 hijackers did it?

Since 19 is more than one, it's technically a conspiracy.

So hello fellow 9/11 conspiracy theorist.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
damn. there's a lot of sad and angry people on this forum.
yall need to contribute something positive or dont say a thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Wow... I guess this thread really hit the mark and upset the skeptics... ill try to ignore you, but there are so many of you. Do you multiply like bacteria? It seems like lately, a lot of threads are jumped right away by the army of skeptics standing by...why are you here on this site if you are going to disagree with every conspiracy theory? And god, just look at all the stars given to the skeptic posts.... wtf...

Anyway, yes, that memo was from Robert Murdoch, the owner of Fox News. Its covered in the excellent Fox News documentary Outfoxed how they work. We may know its biased news, but the fact is that a lot of people out there think it really is unbiased like they say it is. Fox News is also the largest channel of opinion control in the US as far as I know. This makes it important to show things like this, so more people can realize that they are watching biased propaganda.

First part of Outfoxed:

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Do you multiply like bacteria? It seems like lately, a lot of threads are jumped right away by the army of skeptics standing by...why are you here on this site if you are going to disagree with every conspiracy theory?

The love of investigating conspiracy theories should be born of a desire to find the TRUTH.

Truth, however, will not always fit well with your preconceived notions of the way things are.

You choose to polarize yourself, so you let your bias decide what for you what you will accept as true or untrue.

You don’t like Fox News, and probably for good reason (I wouldn’t know, I NEVER watch it.) However when you allow your hatred for Fox News to cloud your judgment of what is true or not true you go against everything that a conspiracy theorist should be standing for .

Truth is one of the last pure things left to us on this planet; please don’t allow your hatred to quicken its demise.

You are, of course, free to follow your party line, to defend your particular brand of hatred and bias. Every time you do so, however, it shows in your posts. The venom that drips from the “peace” crowd marks them for what they are: no better than the warmongers.

So sorry if the truth hurts.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarrr

Perhaps you should wait till you have been here at least a month before bashing the entire forum.

ATS is a great site. You can’t possibly have a feel for this site in the small amount of time you have been a member.

Over 3 million posts and you have us pinned in less than a month. Damn, you’re good.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

The OP posted that there was a memo from the boss of Fox News saying the things he posted. He shows the memo as proof. And he is right.

Then you guys get out of control with your "hey everyone knows news are biased!!!!1111" temper tantrums.

All the OP did was to post the truth. Your post doesnt make sense to me. Im not filled with hatred - the angry posts following the OP's are. Just look.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The OP posted that there was a memo from the boss of Fox News saying the things he posted. He shows the memo as proof. And he is right.

No, that is not proof of anything other than the existence of a piece of paper with some ink on it.

The OP attacked the intelligence of any person who does not agree with his "proof."

You need to learn what proof is. Take a class on criminal evidence at the junior college if you are that confused.

And please skip jury duty until you do.

Then you guys get out of control with your "hey everyone knows news are biased!!!!1111" temper tantrums.

Temper tantrums? Really? If that is your idea of a temper tantrum you need to get out more.

That fact is that all American news sources ARE biased. They were ALL created either to make money or to support their BIAS.

News bias is no news.

Your post doesnt make sense to me.

Yes, I am sorry but I don’t know if I can help you with that.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarrr

Right on scarrr! This post really got under the skin of some members.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Right on scarrr! This post really got under the skin of some members.

And just why do you think that is?

I don’t watch Fox News, don’t own any of their stock.

I am not a neo-con, nor am I supporter of the war.

I don’t fit any of the stereotypes you would associate with someone who would typically let this sort of thing get under their skin.

Could it because of the lies and bias you have? Funny thing about those lies and bias, it is the reason you hate Fox.

You, with your little news stories geared to support your bias, are no better than what you claim Fox News to be. Just a lot smaller.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Then you guys get out of control with your "hey everyone knows news are biased!!!!" temper tantrums.

All the OP did was to post the truth. Im not filled with hatred - the angry posts following the OP's are. Just look.

True... All I did was post what I found! I didnt even change the Article headline, I used the one provided as required by ATS. As to why UM Gazz changed the post title, I dont know why.

I sure didnt need any proof that FoxNews was establishment propaganda, but I was hoping to spread this memo as a little more concrete proof. Not "open and shut case", lock-em up guilty proof, but something more than opinions. Didnt mean to cause a ruckus! And trust me ATS, Its nothing personal! Its strictly Business.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

You really nailed it good with your last reply to the OP. I'm really starting to believe that the ATS motto needs to be changed from "Ignorance Denied" to "Hypocrisy Denied".

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
CavScout: Before you climb your soapbox and spout your hate for me, first why dont you TRY to disprove my thread before ranting about how BIASED I am. Do the work and prove me wrong instead of becoming what you claim to hate: one who jumps to conclusions with their own bias as a base for truth!

Originally posted by cavscout
You, with your little news stories geared to support your bias, are no better than what you claim Fox News to be. Just a lot smaller.

Haha. You must trying to insult me. It wont work.
You should not contribute if you are just trying to start fights. Its very immature.

My ‘little news stories’? I post interesting news stories to spark discussion and with hopes to find people with more supporting evidence and information of the topic for a general increase of knowledge for myself and others. What I try to do is to inform those who, without my work, would not have discovered a news story had I not posted it on ATS.

You want to try to minimize my ATS work?
Obviously my work is important to somebody other than you, so get over yourself.
Here are some examples of people who appreciate my work:

Comment from: Spoodily on: (10/20/07) @ 04:00 PM
Your threads are always very informative. Thank you for the work you put in to bring fresh information to the ATS community.

posted on (7/6/07) @ 07:03 PM by dgtempe
Allseeing, I really love your posts- they're always informative.

CavScout
My work here is established and untouchable. So please... go write a thread or do something that benefits ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join