It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On tape, bin Laden urges Iraq fighters to unite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

On tape, bin Laden urges Iraq fighters to unite

www.msnbc.msn.com

CAIRO, Egypt - Osama bin Laden called on insurgent groups in Iraq to unify their ranks, in an audio recording aired by Al Jazeera television on Monday.

"Some of you have been lax in one duty, which is to unite your ranks," bin Laden purportedly said in the audiotape. "Beware of division ... The Muslim world is waiting for you to gather under one banner."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
www.reuters.com

[edit on 22-10-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It looks like he knows that there is division between Al Qaeda and insurgent groups, since the U.S. govt. and military has been successful getting tribes and insurgent organizations to turn against Al Qaeda. No doubt Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda sees Iraq as their future Caliphate with Iraq practically in the middle of the ME bordering many nations that Bin Laden has been targeting, especially Saudi Arabia.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Bin Laden is dead, people, c'mon!!
Stop believing all the media crap that is defecated in front of your eyes all the time. www.whatreallyhappened.com...

If the man is not dead, he is some sort of Duncan MacLeod kind of guy or Lazarus himself... (now someones screams out "reptilian, reptilian") welll...

Bin Laden has long been known as a very ill and in a "weak health"ed shape... In the past, he has even being treated in an U.N./U.S (don't remember which) hospital some where in Saudi Arabia. Such an old-ill-invisible-always walking slowly or standing-mysterious man cannot pose SUCH a threat to the almighty empire of "freedom", as we tend to believe... sounds like a movie plot, though...

This is ALL smoke and mirrors...

When you hear a threat which is "probably" made by bin Laden, just remember that he's "probably" dead.

Also think about who benefits from your believing he's alive.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Sator]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I would like to think OBL is dead but something tells me he is not, not yet anyway.

He will be captured, or most likely killed, in a few years and almost immediately after this happens his head will forever become a permanent fixture of the Skull and Bones living room, right next to Frank and Gerry.
(aka Pancho Villa and Geronimo)

What do these 3 folks have in common?
.. they all dodged the US military and eluded capture for many years but eventually got caught.

Notice the pattern?

btw, watch the Pancho Villa movie with Antonio Banderas and you'll notice many similarities with what's going on today:
Media hyping the battles, the oil connection, corporate involement, mercenaries,..

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
IMO this is just propaganda play aimed at the hardcore American Right who would have our grand kids fighting in Iraq just so that that wouldn't have to admit how wrong they are . Al Qaeda goal in Iraq is to tie down as many coalition troops as possible and they are succeeding beyond there wildest dreams. Al Qaeda only need to maintain a small presence in Iraq and the other insurgent groups do the rest of the work with them.

Al Qaeda is laughing all the way to the bank because the coalition was stupid enough occupy Iraq which has meant coalition forces are spread out to thinly. All of which means that currently victory isnt possible in Iraq or Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Interesting links below.

The basic truth is that Al Qaeda does not exist and never has. Al Qaeda is a manufactured enemy who was created by the Bush Administration in order to have an excuse to wage a war for the control of the world’s oil resources.

Did an American even hear the words “Al Qaeda” before 9-11? Or were we told that its alleged leader Osama Bin Laden has family who themselves have personal business relationships with George W. Bush’s family and that both families had financially profited considerably from the “War on Terror”?

english.pravda.ru...

How the CIA created Osama bin Laden

19 September 2001

BY NORM DIXON

“Throughout the world ... its agents, client states and satellites are on the defensive — on the moral defensive, the intellectual defensive, and the political and economic defensive. Freedom movements arise and assert themselves. They're doing so on almost every continent populated by man — in the hills of Afghanistan, in Angola, in Kampuchea, in Central America ... [They are] freedom fighters.”

www.greenleft.org.au...

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sekhemet

Pretty interesting to say its a Bush creation when you got Clinton trying to kill him as well. I guess both Presidents are crazy people that sees ghosts.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Heres an audio.
english.aljazeera.net...

"Mistakes"

Bin Laden said fighters in Iraq should admit "mistakes" and try to correct them in the interest of untiy.

The recording was aired as Iraq's government reported violence had dropped by 70 per cent since the end of June, following a series of US-led offensives against insurgents.

Iraq's wing of al Qaeda is one of the key groups fighting US-led forces and the Baghdad government, but bin Laden's followers have angered other Sunni groups and tribes through their interpretations of Islam and indiscriminate killing of civilians.

"The mujahideen are the children of this nation ... they do right things and wrong things," bin Laden said. "Those who are accused of violations of God's commandments should face trial," Bin Laden said.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well bush is a crazy mother YES.. Clinton? who knows... he still wanted to be president.. and what crazy fool really wants to be president!!!!??? only those who wana operate from the reptilian 'brain' and be in power.. and even they are still puppets.

Dont take my word for it will you I didnt write it mate, someone who knows more than me about it wrote it? read the links if you havnt, its nothing new, nothing I havnt seen on ATS before and many people agree with.

Big deal Clinton is apparently looking for him too? what does that really mean at the end of the day? nothing. Could be 10 presidents it wouldnt change the fact they are all lying gits that noone ever trusted anyway so why trust them now. The ones we trusted got murdered by the same scum manipulating everyone else.

One big happy lying backstabbing double crossing family, with their buddies in the media manipulating the masses with videos of people who may or may not be dead...... I dont know or care if hes dead or alive.. if he is dead they will find someone else to manipulate into blow something else up.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
For all who believe that Ladin is alive in his James Bond style cave. Please picture this James Bond stuff. Soon after 9/11 several convoys were spotted by sat' in Afg' they converged in a deserted area and people went towards the biggest limo. A man in a very white turban got out and began to address them. The lazer was placed on his turban as a target for a missile that vaporized him.
there, now you know top secret stuff, happy?

This was pre-covered up and will most likely never make it into the history books. The warmongers feared his martydom's power. He is powerless alive. Good job I guess. I just hate the lies.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

That was the most ignorant post I have seen in along time. We knew about AQ after they attacked the embassies in Africa, Long before 9/11.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well in that case, and no disrespect to you, just believe what you want, believe Bush and Clinton? and I will know what I know, even if I havnt the details, you dont need details, you all know its a mass manipulation from the top down.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Earthman is your avatar that size just to wind people up or are you unaware its taking up the whole earth?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
fixed, i can't find the small one.
It is never mentioned that Bin Laden's money came from the Bush/Reagan group.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I know now by the new link I found below they were funded by Arab sources. So I wont hold to the CIA stuff.

usinfo.state.gov...

But in my opinion they are ALL still being manipulated like the rest of us, it doesn't really matter to us whos payed what (unless you wana think about your taxpaying) its already known planned and predicted ages ago, by silent others who dont get their hands dirty, that x group is going to do this and y group is going to do that... people are predictable.. especially religious ones.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This tape shows that UBL recognizes that he's losing in Iraq. His strategy of killing civilians has not worked.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This tape shows that UBL recognizes that he's losing in Iraq. His strategy of killing civilians has not worked.

Al Qaeda cant really lose either way in Iraq at this time . The Continued US troop presence in Iraq makes life easier for operatives in Afghanistan because US forces are tied down in Iraq rather then winning the war in Afghanistan which should have been the priority all a long. In Iraq Al Qaeda murdering innocent people is there method rather then there primary goal.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Al Qaeda cant really lose either way in Iraq at this time .

I would strongly disagree with that. They risk becoming irrelevant if they lose public support because of their harsh tactics coupled with their inability to (so far) destroy the new Iraqi government or force the U.S. out.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Interesting points you are correct in saying once Al Qaeda loses the support of the locals they lose the fight. If Al Qaeda was only one of say three insurgent groups in Iraq I would subscribe to your logic . On a provincial level I agree with you but all Al Qaeda has to do is switch there area of operations to an area where they are expecting a little less trouble.

An insurgency can have both military and political goals. In military terms guerillas can tie down a much larger force that is in place to hunt them down. As I already noted if troops are tied down fighting a smaller guerilla force they cant be used elsewhere. If you follow this line of thinking all Al Qaeda has to do is commit a few brutal acts in Iraq and then they let there propaganda machine make them the face of the enemy in Iraq . It is much easier for the US military , civilian leaders and the media to attribute any attacks in Iraq to Al Qaeda that way they don't have to actually report what is happening accurately.

Once Al Qaeda take credit or a credited with an attack further credence is given to the US military remaining and fighting the war in Iraq. Al Qaeda could also act in a supply and training room so that way if they are defeated in Iraq there will always be an enemy for US troops to fight.

Iraq wasn't called a quagmire for nothing you know.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

That was the most ignorant post I have seen in along time. We knew about AQ after they attacked the embassies in Africa, Long before 9/11.

Go back further-try the war between Afghanistan and the Soviets...this is where US support for the mujahiddeen began,this is where they trained those who would turn into AQ-in fact the name AQ was given to the file holding all the names of the muj who the USA was funding,including OBL.The name was given by the US intel people.
BTW Al qaeda ("the base" as we are so often told)can also mean "the toliet"in arabic...who would call their organisation the toliet?

new topics

top topics

join