It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

check out the smart car. coming to the states in january

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
www.smartusa.com...

40 miles to the gallon. base prie is like 11k.

this little thing is sweet. they did a spot on cnn about it and they said you can paralell park it perpindicular to come cars cause it is as long as some suv's are wide.

i dig this little thing man.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Boon,

We have them up here in Canuckyville. Dime a dozen to see.

I had thought my cousins down south already had them.

They are funny as hell to look at! Reminds me of some 'sawed-off' James Bond car in the movies. "Where's the other half?" lololol

I've managed to talk with a few owners, and what they thought of them. The general consensus is that: 'They wouldn't trade them for the world'.

The price is a bit high up here, but all in all, low maintenance, low mileage, and peppy performance.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
We have the smartcar here in AU already. I actually want one of these:

www.theaircar.com...

It is my desire to get one of the first batch of air cars when they arrive in Australia.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

i won't know for sure till we can go test drive one and i can get under the hod and check out what is what but i am thinking that we might be making a trade round next summer.
i'll keep my impala but trade my wifes car for this.

it's perfect.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Cute little car! Not so practical when you have two small kids and need to cart stuff around though.

I like this trend for tiny little high mileage cars with low price tags, though.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think because they are so small they are not safe on the road. I have been bashed up twice in my car (which is a lot bigger than the smart car) and I shudder to think how injured I would have been if the car was any smaller.

I know my ex husband wouldn't want me to have the kids in a small car like that for safety reasons.

Would be good if everyone was driving the small cars, then it would be safer but can you imagine a truck hitting into a smart car?

Pity they can't be designed bigger. That would be my only concern.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
thats the thing. we(i, i mean. she is his stepmother and he lives with his mother) have an 11 year old. when we go places with him when we have him, it would be in the impala or whatever i have at the time.

it would be her going to work car.
she lives about 4 miles away from our house and she hits a 40mph road for about 3/4 of a mile. it is a gravy route.
sometimes she likes to go to kohls or the other clothes store and one is about .5 miles away and the other about 1 mile away.
her parents aare about 5 miles away.

really, unless it is an emergency, we go together in my car..99% of the time. i think it is practical.

she has been scoping out the yaris.
i feel it is safe enough for her daily driver for what she does.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
At least they make parking easy...

...took that the other day while in town. Good for busy city's where parking is difficult, though not much room for actual people or shopping. I also suspect they aren't that safe in a crash.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
yes size is a concern... I would hate to be out shopping and suffering from PMT. I could just see myself doing something like this:

s43.photobucket.com...

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
this is top gear crashing one at 70mph
enjoy

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join