It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush, Aides "Grossly Misjudged Putin"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Bush, Aides "Grossly Misjudged Putin"

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON — The Bush administration's failure to win Russia's consent to install U.S. missile defenses in its European backyard and a growing list of other disputes suggest that President Bush and his aides have misread the man whose "soul" Bush thought he'd divined when they first met six years ago.

Bush's strategy on Russia assumed that Russian President Vladimir Putin embraced democracy, wanted integration with the West and sought a "strategic partnership"
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-10-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Is there any greater proof of the shallowness of bush minor's understanding of the world and of real politik than his "I looked into his eyes and saw his soul" comment. I bet it was all Putin could do to prevent from laughing his ass off.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone will find this thread interesting but given the situition in the middle east and the relations between the US, Iran and Russia, it really needs to be pointed out how poorly bush minor judges things.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
No, Grover too many people planning the next war with Iran.

Anyway, Bush seems to be oblivious of what is going on with Russia, Iran and China alliances, these countries have plans for their own nations that no necessarily include US best interest and Bush in the middle.

new topics

top topics

join