It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Search Of Bigfoot - Show 32 - COMING SOON!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The ATSmix team is attempting to piece together a roundtable discussion of cryptozoologist about BIGFOOT. Here's your chance to have your questions asked to those that diligently seek out this elusive creature.

So put the old thinking caps on and help us in getting these questions asked. Or if you prefer, you can use our ATS hotline to have your voice recorded in the asking of your question(s) for our round-table group. It is a toll-free number: 1-877-417-2204

Please keep in mind that this thread is not designed for a discussion about BIGFOOT, but rather what questions you'd like to have asked in your behalf.

Thank You,
Johnny

[edit on 10/25/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
All the sightings around the country. Even different names for the "creature" in different countries, so this is a world wide phenomenon. Researches of differing experiences across the planet in search of the creature.

Why no real physical proof such as hair or animal feces?

Forget the fact that bear, deer, other large animal skeletons are found in the wild. Seems that Mr. Bigfoot does something with his dead. Apparently, the bodies aren't buried or burned, no remains have been found. But why....

Please don't humor me by telling me about extraterrestrials or parallel dimensions, or this is just a cousin of Chewbacca running around.

Is it really possible to still have a large primate undiscovered by modern science?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have to disagree with the above poster, my question is what are the possibilities that the Bigfoot are actually inter-dimensional travelers? Also if you were to come into contact with one or more, would you shoot if they were coming towards you in a seemingly threatening manor? Also what are the best Native American stories you have heard about Sasquatch?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky

Why no real physical proof such as hair or animal feces?

Mr. Bigfoot does something with his dead. Apparently, the bodies aren't buried or burned, no remains have been found.

I agree with hinky why is it that people waste all their time and energy on trying to prove this myth or legend, depending on how you look at it, is real. If in fact there are no traces or evidence of this creature then how is it that a wide range of people all over the world spend most of their lives insisting on the fact that this creature or another is real.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Do you believe this is an interdimensional being? Up there with the Steinbeck, indian lore mountain creatures seen at dusk and dawn? No scat, no bones equals no physical dimension relationship.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I've always wanted to know if any researchers have any idea of the life span of a bigfoot?

Of course I know there's not much physical evidence of bigfoot but if a researcher has some kind of idea about how old these creatures might live to be?

Would it be comparable to a large primates lifespan?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Granted the evidence is somewhat sketchy where most alleged encounters are concerned, there is enough evidence in more than a few to warrent a high level scientific exploration of the phenomenon. The Skookum Cast incident comes to mind immediately with more than a few of the samples coming back with "Unknown Primate", or "Unknown Animal" stamped on the reports. Sound evidence that experts in the field who are intimately familiar with the wide variety of sounds primates are capable of can't identify.

Why the flat refusal to investigate? And what few investigations take place are woefully underfunded. Surely a few grants wouldn't hurt, and just might answer the question once and for all.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My question is:
Why is it that every special shown on TV concerning Bigfoot never contains any good evidence? There's never any good footage shown other than the Patterson film. I know that these documentaries are edited but is there some sort of hidden agenda to keep the truth from the public? Is the real evidence being edited out? Hopefully the questions I've raised make sense.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
I've always wanted to know if any researchers have any idea of the life span of a bigfoot?

Would it be comparable to a large primates lifespan?

Excellent question, wish I'd thought of it. Which brings up another question.

Has there been sightings or even photos of juvenile bigfeet or has the sightings been limited to what appears to be adult males?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
With the advance in technology like motion detectors and heat sensitive radar, why hasn't verifiable evidence come forth?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
They are smart thats why. Two years ago I had a run in with something in the woods down here in Florida. It walked like a man but had a much longer step, I could here it and feel it in the ground. I herd it coming through the woods, It made the Turkeys go nuts and it was coming straight to me. I was walking on a trail that was in a swampy area hunting deer and hogs, It was pretty thick and I couldn't see far witch had me worried to say the least only armed with a bolt action scoped rifle. This was something huge and as my mind is freaking because I have never ever heard anything like this in the woods after hunting all my life. I was blinded by allot of brush in its direction and I was Cammied up real good so I was just standing still watching in fear ready to shoot as fast as I could then I heard it step into the water probably ten yards in front of me off the my left a little. I looked and looked trying not to move much and I could not see it but it was getting dark. It must have seen me because it didn't move from that point. Realizing that I was in a bad situation with it getting dark I decided to move slowly down the trail and get back to the main road. As I walked out back wards I could here it following me off to my flank so when I hit the main road I went into a jog back to the truck to tell my brother what had happened. It took a while however he finally realized I wasn't joking. I have been hunting since then and never seen or heard anything like that however I have not returned to that area and you wont catch me in the woods when its dark, Not alone anyway.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I don't expect anyone to believe me because I didn't think they could exist before I had this encounter having been in the woods so much and never seen any sign of one. I would be willing to show where I had this encounter to a real researcher who promised not to kill it except in self defense only. I think it would be very foolish to shoot one of these because in my opinion they can run you down and rip you limb from limb if they wanted too. Let me tell ya It don't feel good to go from the hunter to the Hunted. I guess the only place they could be hiding is in caverns somewhere deep in the woods that know one has came across probably because they hide the entrances somehow.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Do you ever feel that you are wasting your time looking for something that may not even exist? And what keeps you wanting to find one or learn more about them?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
My question I'd like to ask:

If you have a semi-intelligent primate that has managed to elude mankind for generations, whose existence can only be confirmed with a few fuzzy photographs, fuzzy film clips, and generations of legends told by American Indians, Sherpas, and other cultures, what would you do with evidence which DIRECTLY PROVES the existence of these creatures--especially if you intended to protect it from harassment, from being hunted to extinction, and being subjected to scientific experiments that would bring up questions about the morality of doing so, as well as questioning the social implications of discovering a species of primate which displays intelligence and sentience?

Could this be one thing the modern scientific community is doing right?

Protecting such a creature from ourselves?

[edit on 23-10-2007 by CreeWolf]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If you could interview Bigfoot this is probably what he'd say. I wrote this poem in 1980 shortly, before Mount St. Helen's blew its top.

The Legend of Bigfoot

Some people claim we're the missing link
and some have the nerve to say we stink!
Sasquatch or Wildman of the Wood was the Indian name
From the Himallayas Yetti to Minnesota's Iceman
but we're all the same.........
The Boggy Creek Monster from Arkansas or a Humanoid from a UFO
to Flordias Skunk Ape and the Missourians' Mo-Mo.

Well we've lived in these hills for as long as I can remember
and you've spotted my tracks somewhere around December
We've tried staying hidden as best as we can,
but it's getting harder to hide an 8 foot 500 pound Abominable Snowman.

With your big cities pushing us higher in them hills
and the Bigfoot searchers out for thrills
We've just about run out of places and spaces to go
while avoiding your hunting dogs, with our sixteen inch tracks
embedded in the snow.

We love our wooded mountain side place
and we'd like to meet your human race
But the sting of fire from your bullets of lead
has already left some of us dead.
When your cameras and newspapers were all through
we knew exactly what you would do........
You'd lock us up in a cage in your city zoo's.

Well your mountain is now about ready to blow
and your've spotted our tracks again in the snow
Mrs. Yetti and I are headed for the Summit's Peak.
We're tired of living in fear and playing your game of Hide and Seek
When the Volcano decides to rumble and lose its top with the lava, ash and soot
You'll never again see our tracks in the snow and we'll still remain
*The Legend of Bigfoot.*

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
We just finished a great interview with Eric Altman and will put it up as SHOW 32. Eric is going to join ATS and will be answering questions on the SHOW THREAD when it goes up. PLEASE refer your questions to it once POSTED.

This Thread Is CLOSED. Thanks for your participation. We asked Eric a lot of YOUR QUESTIONS.

Dave

[edit on 10/24/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

top topics

join