It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this *Cha Ching* noise?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think im losing it, fust from this *cha ching* nooise.

I now have to have my CPU on mute, but i had to have the sound on to listen to straming NFL games, and to have updates for my Fantasy games, and while getting my NFL fix, was browsing on here.

*Cha Ching*
*Cha Ching*
*Cha Ching*
*Cha Ching*
*Cha Ching*
*Cha Ching*

WHoever is responsible for this, i am going to hunt you down and force you to listen to an entire Cher Album!

*Cha Ching*

AHHHH......

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sounds like an advert, there is always an annoying mosquito noise on a particular website i go on and you have to click the link to stop it

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
ROFL OP. I complained of this very recently. It is most annoying. Someone suggested it was the result of an ad but I am not so sure. I'll follow you up with the entire BeeGees collection when this perp is hog tied in a surround sound room.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ok it is kinda funny...

But I understand people can be annoyed by that sort of thing.

Next time you hear it, PLEASE look around the page (without refreshing) and let us know what ads are currently on the screen. That'll help!

SO has indicated numerous times in the past that he will remove any ad that annoys the members, and has done it before, so we just need to know which ad it is.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Someone suggested it was the result of an ad but I am not so sure. I'll follow you up with the entire BeeGees collection when this perp is hog tied in a surround sound room.

Theres no way we should do this thru a surrond sound system, that would be to cruel for anyone in the surrounding area, i suggest the top of the line head phones, then secure them to thier head, and leave them in a pitch black room, so thier mind has to vissualize what is going on...

... as for the ad... im pretty sure its a Voila add that is on the VERY bottem of the page...

...and in related news, i have now mastered the mute/unmute technique to stop this *Cha Ching* noise, and only miss a mere few secs of NFL action...

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
When you say Cha Ching, do you mean the sound of money dropping in a cash register like in the Pink Floyd song "Money?"

Because I get that every once in a while, but it only happens once, not repetitive.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by interestedalways]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I also had a one time occurance of this cha ching when logging in yesterday or the day before. I figured I had made some extra points here and just didnt think anything more about it. Hummm so its not ATS? Ok if it happens again Ill check out the ads and report it to the nearest authority!

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This reminds of the movie "where the buffalo roam"

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Disgustipated

You obviously have not experienced the chaching...
Nice video clip however very funny.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Could it have anything to do with your 'shift' button on your keyboard?
Mine does that. Very annoying.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
WHoever is responsible for this, i am going to hunt you down and force you to listen to an entire Cher Album!

I'm glad I'm not responsible

I've heard that noise too. Last night, all quiet, forgot I had my volume up, then...CHA CHING!

Scared the hell out of me. And yes, it was quite annoying.

I didn't catch what the ad looked like or anything though, so I can't help there.

I'll be on the lookout

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Diabolical TKZ! I LIKE it. A disco ball in the pitch black room would be the final touch. Muuuaaaahhahahaaaaa!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Also TKain, and everyone else, I have found this helpful in the past:

Skeptic Overlord's Worst Ads Hitlist

Especially if you can get a picture of the offending ad, and a link to where it is coming from. I saw that the mosquito ad was listed in this thread from another site. We had that one, and because it was listed, it was taken away.

Just thought it might help.

top topics

join