It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Police Executes Man On Video No Charges

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And this is why I've always advocated heightened caution when dealing with the police. I advise caution when dealing with gun toting individuals in general. My questions are:
1: If this cop had been in uniform do you think it would have escalated as it did?
Would the victim and his friend have taken it as far as they did had he been in uniform?

2: I don't know standard police operating procedure, but from what I've seen on Law and Order and NYPD Blue it's never a good idea to go into a firefight without backup, without letting your partner or dispatcher know where you are, or without a badge to identify yourself as an officer. This officer must have know that, so why bother over a fist fight?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The, ah, victim, seems to have a gun in his hand. Imagine that.

Watch the tape without the hate and bias and you will see why he was shot. Whoever made this tape is a fraud of the most dangerous kind.

They have places without Cops. Remember the Sudan?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Watch the tape without the hate and bias and you will see why he was shot. Whoever made this tape is a fraud of the most dangerous kind.

They have places without Cops. Remember the Sudan?

Nice catch!

I was wondering why a person would carry a second jacket in front of them like he did unless he wanted to hide something. It is funny that I was thinking as he walked with the coat in front of him as he did that he would be hiding a gun in his waist. Does anyone here carry a jacket like that, or do you tuck it under your arm since it would tend to get heavy if you didn’t?

The other part that struck me as kind of weird was why the officer would have his gun already pulled unless he saw something like the gun in that guy’s belt.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Gun, slim jim, licorice stick, the strap of the jacket, belt.....

what makes you think it's a gun?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Since it is shaped like a gun and he is holding it like a gun, what makes you think it is not a gun.

Forgive me if I trust Cops more than I trust street thugs and anarchists who make phony tapes.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I was wondering why a person would carry a second jacket in front of them like he did unless he wanted to hide something.

That is exactly why I did a frame by frame review. It was obvious that he was hiding something.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
"If I were that officer i probably would have shot both just out of the stress" - yahn goodey

So it is ok for police to shoot people out of stress? I hope you are not serious because that is just scary.

"What would you do if a guy pulled out a gun and said he was a police officer and to submitt?" - yahn goodey

That depends on the situation I think. People have to be careful of criminals posing as police. Something that is harder and harder to do now days. This cop had no badge or any identification. I think that I would question that alone, but he didn't appear to even be dressed like a police officer.

"I always supported dirty harry when he was cleaning up the "streets"." - yahn goodey

Sorry bud but this guy is no Dirty Harry.
If this is your idea of "cleaning up the streets" then no thanks.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
reply to post by Blaine91555

Gun, slim jim, licorice stick, the strap of the jacket, belt.....

what makes you think it's a gun?

I'm sure it was a slim Jim and the officer saw that and killed him for it. Why don’t you give the OP a star? Kind of funny the jacket always stays in front of him even when his friend is fighting with someone and during the whole argument the jacket is in the same place. Look at the officer just before he shoots and you will see him look slightly down in the direction of the guy holding the jacket and then he quickly shoots him. I think we are not hearing the whole story here.

The narrator states the jacket he was holding was his friend’s jacket and one needs to ask why? His friend is already wearing something and so I guess he needed two jackets.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Strange how the media didn't catch that gun he was holding, and a common citizen on ATS caught it.

Good find!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Acts by the Chicago Police like these, with all sorts of brutal acts and corruption, combined with the desire by Daley II to make Chicago the "safest", most watched city in America with computerized robotic cameras with audio recording that can detect and rotate/zoom on gunshots, greatly contributed to my desire to leave. I think that Chicago is one of the 'best' cities I have been to, and I have been to most in the US, but I could not handle the Police State that you live under when you call Chicago home.

I had to leave.
DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SR

Well he was probably on Crack, why else was he fighting to begin with?

People on Crack do weird things, like talk to people with guns pointing at them.

But as to the guy having a gun? Nah .. that thing is way too small to be a pistol, compared to the one the cop had. Just make a comparison visually.

That thing in his hand is so slim it looks like some kind of knife or shank.

He likely didnt know the guy with the beanie on was a cop, and thought he was going to do something to his "boy", so he brandished his blade, and got shot.

Still the cops fault, I'd try to stab someone if my life was potentially at stake or my friend's life was, if someone had a gun to my friend and i had a knife and one good shot at the guy id go for it, to save our lives. How do I know some guy in sweats and a beanie in the subway with a pistol is a cop? give me a break!! ridiculous..

[edit on 10/22/2007 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Apparently every Black Person is more likely to be on crack? Couldn't he just be high on adrenaline from fighting?

Perhaps he was talking to 'someone' with a gun, who identified himself as a police officer?
Maybe that is why he talked to him...

Also, has anyone mentioned how the bystander on the left side on the second camera just stands there after someone walks past with a drawn gun? He is standing in the place where the shooting actually occurs, and doesn't move until very late in the situation... I find that to be odd...

DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If he had a gun, the police would have loved it as it makes the shooting much more justified. Is the belief that the gun somehow disappeared?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I hate to say I see nothing wrong except for shooting the dude in the head. The problem is without the uniform you are nothing but another person in the subway with a gun I'm sure that is not uncommon there. You could have been a rival gang who knows.

The basics point to this. Law enforcement and military are ingrained to react to violent situation more than the common civilian because they are trained that way. Even vets have a more awareness of what is happening or not happening everyday all around them some more than others. I bet there are a ton of people who know what I'm saying. For example, how many of you walk into a store and scan the minute you walk in? I count people, locations, descriptions and actions in a couple seconds not because I want to I was trained to do so and it don't go away. I guess a self defense mechanism I got.

Another example was one time I was on leave in a small town on the east coast. I was military at the time and was with a couple friends at the local bar. Three guys in uniform were there (I believe guard) in army uniforms where there drinking as well. I thought damn this is wrong (you dont party in uniform ever) but didn't say anything thinking what will I achieve from these people in a different unit. So the night went on until they got into a fight with a plain clothes civilian and went from inside to outside in it seems like seconds. Now outside we had the crowd, the civilian clothed dude on the ground and three Army personnel in uniform beating the crap out of him. I knew this was wrong so I knew I had to stop it somehow. I jumped in to stop my fellow brothers but wearing civilian clothes and saying what I didnt have the effect I wanted for sure.

I told them to stop and this wasnt right. There reply was "who the F@#K are you and I told them my name and rank and branch. They stopped for like a second and then punched me in the face, knocked me down and started kicking me. Luckily I had four friend that night that dragged me out of that incident that may have been really worse than it was.

I hope I saved that guy some bruises that night or potentially worse however I made the mistake by not showing credentials or wearing the proper uniform to back up my claims especially in the situation. I think now before I leap every time now. Could have been the guy deserved it but I had to act and probably will do so again one day.

Back to the cop, I never been trained to shoot in the head except for target practice, you go for center mass so this confuses me. The cop acts and looks like a gang member trying to convince two other people that he is something he is not, shoots this guys friend in the head then is saying something I assume like "see, you better calm down or this could be you". Being that guy and not knowing who the dude with the gun is and rationalizing is he a cop his actions does not compute even to me. I would resist too and actually at that point kick the beanie wearing guys butt! He didn't so somewhere he may believe it was half true.

I been threatened several times by people that I cant see there hands and acted appropriately, once landed me in jail instead of the one who threatened me. There is always more than meets the eye here especially in time lapsed video without sound.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
If he had a gun, the police would have loved it as it makes the shooting much more justified. Is the belief that the gun somehow disappeared?

No, it was not a gun. It was obviously a stick of thermite and the jacket was a hologram.

Don't you know anything !?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i think some people are seriously jumping the gun here (no pun intended) regarding that being a gun in the guy's hand. that is NOT clearly a gun...it could be any number of things.

i know it may make people feel a lot better, thinking that guy had a pistol in his hand, so we can all sleep better at night knowing there are not rogue cops out there blasting people in the heads for no good reason...i know that would make some people in this thread feel better, but that is NOT CLEARLY a gun in his hand. heck, to me, it looks more like a finger than a barrel.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If you read the artical about this topic you would know that it is not a gun.
abclocal.go.com...

states right in the artical that: "Weems raises his gun and shoots Michael Pleasance, who was not armed, in the face, killing him." - OPS

IMO I think that the police would have mentioned another weapon of any kind in there police report had there been one. Also these were the Security cameras at the Train station. To say that it was a made up tape is ridiculous.
Why would the train station officals make this up? Also I believe in the artical that the gun accidentally went off. Why would the gun accidentally go off if the cop believed that he was going to be shot? No where in this can I find any evidence to support that Michael Pleasance had a gun in his hand or any kind of weapon.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Gun, no gun, a right to self defense and the jacket what are you missing? Head shot yes not a good move but have you ever been in this position? Probably not.............

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Some of the responses in this thread are the most ridiculous I've seen here during my time at ATS.

They're probably on crack? Because they're black and in Chicago? Get off this board, you tool.

He's holding a gun? If you'd read further into this story, you'd find out that the man who was shot was NOT holding a gun. He raised his arm in a fashion that caused the officer to shoot him. If the man WAS holding the gun, would the officer be suspended and facing possible charges?

USE. YOUR. DAMN. BRAIN.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Keebie

I am not sure what you are saying with your barfight tale. Except that sometimes those in uniform act in a way not fit for duty, and that even if you are not in uniform, sometimes people will listen for a half instant before doing whatever they please. In your case, did anyone ever get chanrged for the incident, or were the 'Fatigued' men free as birds?

Also you state that Police are 'trained to act in violent situations' which I understand, but they are actually there to uphold the law in violent situations, not increase the lawless violence by their actions. At least from the angle of the footage seen, this incident somehow involved a fistfight, with no apparent weapons besides the one carried by the late, off duty officer. Perhaps he was acting on the part of his training regarding violence, but he surely was not acting on the training that says that you should be to work on time, and in uniform.

This incident is not the first time members of the Chicago Police force have acted in a brutal, seemingly corrupt way. This just might be the first time many of you have been made aware, and one of the first times that the action has been caught on video that has been made public. Not all Chicago Police officers are corrupt, I actually have many friends on the force. But as a whole, I am not sure there is a police force in a major city anywhere in the United States besides Chicago that overwhelmingly treats everyday citizens as a suspect first, citizen second. Try asking for directions in Chicago, to the wrong police officer, and you may end up with a very rude awakening about law enforcement in the United States.

DocMoreau

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join