It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey to launch large scale border incursion into N. Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Turkey to launch large scale border incursion into N. Iraq

www.msnbc.msn.com

Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan called crisis talks that may authorize a cross-border military offensive after Kurdish rebels killed at least 12 Turkish soldiers in an ambush on Sunday near the Iraqi border.

The attack, one of the worst in more than a decade by rebels of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), came four days after the Ankara parliament backed a motion allowing troops to enter northern Iraq to fight guerrillas hiding there.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
www.foxnews.com

Mod Edit: Removed excessive copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
OK, this is not good for Iraq or our soliders. I really hope we don't get involved in this, but I can't see how we can avoid it. I also hope that the media does not break in during the Giants-49ers game! But really, I pray for the safety of our soliders and hope to God Bus

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Note that the incursion is not official yet, but one can assume it is coming soon ( I say in 24 hours) with this latest attack.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well, the thread title is misleading to some point, because there decision to actually begin offensive actions does not exist - YET. But that will change pretty soon. And then... you know what will come.

As for Iraq - Iraqi government has little control over Kurdish controlled area, if any control at all. Whatever have they and US occupation force tried to solve this problem, showed no results. Todays attack prove this.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well, being a NATO member, why doesn't Turkey asks for NATO's help to fight that known terrorist organisation that they are fighting?

It would be interesting to know what would be the answer from the US in that case.

new topics

top topics

join