It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just bought my girlfriend a wedding ring. Any suggestions for method of delivery?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
Chuck the at her and as she catches it say "yes or no"

LMAO!

I love it!

reply to post by Boondock78

That's creative. Good ideas

Originally posted by intrepid
For god's sake don't do what I did. Original and practical but not romantic. "Why don't we get married this year? Then I can claim you on my taxes." THAT didn't go over well.

Nice

My idea, and what I'm going to do *if* I ever get married, is kind of original..

I saw that you said you spent your allowance on the ring, so you may not have enough money to pull it off..

But my idea is to take her on a cruise to Hawaii to celebrate your anniversary (of being together). A cruise where your stay in Hawaii ends the night of your anniversary. This isn't that obvious, because you can hide it behind the anniversary as being the reason for the cruise to Hawaii.

So, at dusk, on a beach somewhere, you propose. Or go into some speech or something how you feel about her and all that, then out of nowhere, ask.

That'd probably cost a lot though.

Either way, good luck and congratulations

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Congrats DonWahn and the future Mrs. DonWahn

Try to incorporate the ring and proprosal into something ordinary that she likes doing. Do you guys usually eat in? slip the ring into an empty food container and make her open it first? Do you guys eat out..of course you can get the restuarant involved and make it a public affair.

my engagement ring proprosal went along the lines of:

My Husband: "You like that ring?"
me: "Yes"
Him: "It's Yours"
me: "you know what that means right?"
Him: "Yep"

I did get an anniversary ring in a rose though... It was in the center of a fake rose which was in the middle of a boquet of real roses.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
First make a nice dinner then...

If your a halfway decent cook bake it into a fortune cookie.

Fortune Cookie Recipe

Break yours open first and put a note in yours like "Will you Marry Me?", then ask her what she thinks hers will say?........

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Break yours open first and put a note in yours like "Will you Marry Me?",

His should say something like "Today will be the greatest day for someone you love" or something to that effect, then she opens hers up and there's the ring with a "Will you marry me?" note.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The best one I've ever heard went like this. The guy got a nice photo of him and his soon to be fiancee, blew it up to like 50cm x 30 cm (or something like that, you get the picture!). He then photoshopped a ring onto the ladies ring finger. He got the picture turned into a jigsaw puzzle (apparently there are places that can do this). Then, after a nice lunch with wine, he gave her the jigsaw to do. Of course, he didn't give her the piece with the ring in it. So, she gets to the last piece, and says "There's a piece missing from the puzzle." And he nods, says "Well, that depends on your answer to my question - will you marry me?", and pulls out the real ring and the last puzzle piece. Tears ensued, and she answered the question by completing the puzzle with the photoshopped ring puzzle piece.

I, on the other hand, took my now wife to a seafood restaurant, and popped the question looking out over the harbour. Same result, but the first one is certainly 10/10 for effort.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Willard856

Damn..

That puzzle piece one is clever

I may steal that

[edit on 10/16/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Wow! There is some seriously good material in these posts.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats. I really appreciate all of the ideas. Two heads is always better than one and in this case there are 110517 heads as of last count. Give or take a couple thousand. Guys, this is going to be huge and when I'm done I'm sure she'll get a kick out of knowing that I pooled my buds at ATS for ideas.

My thoughts right now are that as much as claiming her on my taxes will be nice
(Don Wahn likes extra money), the whole puzzle idea is pretty much ingenius. It all makes sense. We were actually just talking about how we both used to do puzzles back in the day and since we are about to move into a brand new home, a nice new picture of us could easily be turned into a puzzle. Do a little photoshop, take it to Kinkos and presto. Great segue into the one knee move

I'm definitely open to more ideas as this one was good as there is always someone to one-up the best before. However that one is going to be tough to beat, NovusOrdoMundi.

Good lookin out everyone

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Don Wahn

I say go for the puzzle one, man. Although there have been other great suggestions, that one makes sense, it seems to relate to an activity that both of you enjoy, and it has meaning to it aside from the actual question.

That's the best so far, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Glad you all liked the suggestion. If you do use it, I expect an invite to the wedding. Well, at least the reception...

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Baking it into food could be dangerous... especially if she is fat has a healthy appetite.

[edit on 10/17/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well you have to think the sort of things your partner likes to do and make a list along with bearing in mind where her favourite place is. The next step is to incorporate as many of her favourite activity's that she considers to be "romantic " at her favourite spot.

And make sure that the lucky women doesn't read this thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Baking it into food could be dangerous... especially if she is fat has a healthy appetite.

My only fear would be that I bake it into something and she comes home from work with a ravenous apetite, and inhales her food, plus ring. I love her to death, but I'm not ready to follow her around with a bag and gloves just yet.

On another note, I may have to accelerate my timeline as when I came home from work yesterday, my decoy jewelry store bag looked as if it had been rummaged through, so i am wondering to what extent she took her snoop-a-thon. I know she is a snooper by design (her mom and 5 sisters are guity), but if she found the ring, then she must either be alien or have been implanted with diamond sensing olfactory nerves. Man, she's good.

We'll see what happens next.

[edit on 10/18/07 by Don Wahn]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well, upon closing on our house today I also decided that it would be a good time to propose to my girlfriend. Sooo.

I proposed to her and she said YES!!!!! It wasnt the pinnacle of romanticism but the time was so right I couldnt pass it up. We had just moved a bunch of stuff into our house, and we went onto the porch to breathe it all in and then I told her how much I loved her and that it didnt feel right moving in with my girlfriend. That was a beautiful segue into asking her.

Its official, Don Wahn is engagaed

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well congratulations.

It’s nice to read that things are moving right along for you. Nice that yaw’s buying a home together as well.

Good Luck and have fun together.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Darn
I was gonna give you the best one of them all, but I guess it's to late now. Congrats!!

Edit just to say, please don't get devorced the next day after the wedding, or a week from and so on. Make it work. If she's happy then your happy.

[edit on 10/30/2007 by Solarskye]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join