It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Vs The 2008 Beijing Olympics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Had a quick search of the site and couldn't find anything specifically discussing this, what I believe to be quite an important addition to the John Titor phenonemon (strange, as it seems quite an obvious point).

Note:Anyone unfamiliar with John Titor, see here!

Firstly I must state that I have not invested full faith in John Titor. I have however, allowed him to take up residence somewhere at the back of my mind, available for reference and speculation when huge events unfold. I'm open-minded about the subject.

Now I, and I'm sure some others, have taken certain key predictions of his and set them up as markers, tests of possible authenticity. For me, the 2008 olympics has become one of these closely monitored markers.

So as soon as I hear that emails are being spread across the globe by certain Humanitarian groups, asking that we support the boycotting of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, my ears pricked up so quickly they almost hit the roof.

This is what John Titor said about the Olympics:
"Sports are still enjoyed just as they are today. The Olympics are no longer played though due to various conflicts. The last Olympic Games took place in 2004 and may resume in 2040."

- Earlier this year, Humanitarian groups and some US and European politicians called for the 2008 games to be boycotted because of China selling arms to Sudan. See here!
- Currently there have been calls for China to intervene in Burma, and again, the threat from around the world is that Beijing may face an Olympics boycott unless they act. See here!
- Not to mention numerous other campaigns, based on a related variety of Humanitarian. political grounds. See here!

Just wondered if this had caught anyone elses attention?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Correct me if im wrong but hadnt John Titor been confirmed as a fraud somewhere?

Wasn't sure thats all

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

John Titor has never been "proven" as a fraud although many skeptics simply insist on it because time travel is impossible.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Um, what about Torino 2006? A link: www.torino2006.org... They were the 20th Winter Olympic games held from Feb 10 - 26 2006.

cheers,

vic

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I knew someone would bring up the 2006 Winter Olympics. Initially, I was going to voice my opinions on this in the initial post, but decided to wait 'til someone else brought it up.

From my perspective, it's highly likely John Titor had neglected to consider the Winter Olympics when he made what was probably quite an off-the-cuff comment (but to those since, who follow his predictions, has become a key point). I know that speaking for myself, when I think of the Olympics, I think of the Summer Olympics, often forgetting that there is even is a Winter Olympics until it appears in my TV set for a couple of weeks. Maybe that's just me, but I know that if I'd have been in Titor's shoes, answering the question about sport, the Winter Olympics wouldn't have occured to me. Perhaps this is partially due to the fact that my country, Britain, invests little in the Winter Olympics and it is thus a far less publicised event here.

I know many beg to differ, but that's my response to the debate, and accordingly, I didn't consider the prediction disproven when the 2006 Winter Olympics happened.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'd like to add, as a counter-weight to the pro-Titor argument:

Does anyone know when it was confirmed that China would be hosting the 2008 Olympics? I assume the world knew this before Titor appeared. If so, the fraud behind Titor could have made a guess about there being political issues surrounding the games due to China's controversial legacy, particularly where oppressive regimes and Humanitarian breaches are concerned.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I think that it was named before the Sydney 2000 olympics. In my opinion I think that if he said 2004 was the last olympics he meant it. If the 2006 winter olympics were in fact the last one, I am sure that it would have been something he remembered.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Anyone who claims to be a time-traveler and is not 100% correct EVERYTIME is a fraud. Hell, if I can travel back to last week i would be a very rich man, putting all my money in stocks and sports... and i would never lose, because i already know what happened!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There is some "chatter" over a Beijing boycott tho'... in relation to the Myanmar/Burmah events... heard it on CBC Radio "As It Happens" last night or the night before... a young-ish sounding American Buddist monk trained in Burmah was the pitch man. It could gain some traction.

I guess it plausible that someone claiming to be from Jacksonsville Florida might not consider or remember Winter Olymics as real "Olypmics". It also stands that Titor did include an "error factor" or some-such notion of 2.5%.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Even if US/Europe would boycott Olympic games in Chine next year (which I find nearly impossible), Olympic games will STILL be held. Unless something really extreme happens, that is.

And what about the civil war? Oh, that's going off topic...

Anyway, let us wait... Time will tell...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The thought of Olympic games being held in china is a little scary to me. I mean in atlanta a pipe bomb got in. Is the wrong thing happens and blame gets tossed around it could sput major bad stuff.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
personally, I've always considered the summer olympic games The OLYMPICS. The winter games just kind of fall off the radar...

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by acegotflows
personally, I've always considered the summer olympic games The OLYMPICS. The winter games just kind of fall off the radar...

Precisely. For me, "The Olympics" is the summer games. The Winter Games is "The Winter Olympics".

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duby78
Even if US/Europe would boycott Olympic games in Chine next year (which I find nearly impossible), Olympic games will STILL be held. Unless something really extreme happens, that is.

You make a good point. For the prediction to be true, we need more than for the 2008 olympics to not take place, we need every olympics for 30 or so years afterwards to be abandoned.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Will the Titorites ever just agree on a certain date or subject that once it passes its over?? Thats all I want to know. If the 2008 Olympics dont happen will you ALL please say , "ok its over, Im done"..Or will you use the whole 2% difference possibility excuse once again? Some of you I think dont believe the story, but just like to act like you do and defend it just cuz your bored and like to argue. The sad thing is the few that really do believe it and let it afffect their everyday life for all these years and refuse to let it go.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Anyone who claims to be a time-traveler and is not 100% correct EVERYTIME is a fraud. Hell, if I can travel back to last week i would be a very rich man, putting all my money in stocks and sports... and i would never lose, because i already know what happened!

Not necessarily true at all. Especially if you consider the "time-line" theory as it applies to time travel. That no time or world line will ever be the same no matter how many times you travel through time. If you traveled from 2030 to 2006 fifty times, you might see a different 2006 each and every time you traveled. It's one of basic theories of time travel.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769
If the 2008 Olympics dont happen will you ALL please say , "ok its over, Im done"?

Personally speaking, I will! But as I said originally, I don't have faith in Titor's predictions, or even that he was genuine. I'm simply open to the possibility.

SR

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

You'd probably create a ripple effect such as putting all your money in
different companies which boosts them but by doing so your inflating here and deflating there in the long run. Same as sporting events by coming back and doing different actions that you would of done that day could spice things up. Hopefully for the better though heh becoming a millionaire on the horses would be cool

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Can anyone name ONE thing that John Titor stated would happen that actually happened?

Sorry for the one line post; sometimes it is necessary though to ask a question.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
Can anyone name ONE thing that John Titor stated would happen that actually happened?

I believe that everything he predicted, chronologically, up to the Olympics not taking place is vague. This is why since I first learned about Titor a number of years ago, I have always looked to the Olympics (or lack of) as the first and final test, as it is a very black and white prediction. Either it will or won't happen. There's no grey area like there is with other political developments and the variety of interpretations that they merit.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join