It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost but not to be found.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Obviously, the Bush administration harnested the threat of 'weapons of mass destruction' to point a finger towards operations in Iraq, or war if you will. And, obvious again, no such tangible evidence to date has been found or will be found to back their claims those weapons are 'still there'. I think I speak for many people when I say that I felt the impression that the administration wanted us to believe that Saddam was actively seeking and posessing extremely dangerous weapons.

Currently there is no push to find what they were seeking, that in itself should speak to people. If they did think the 'WMD' had such merit for war, why aren't they thinking what hands the weapons could be in? I have barely heard talk of the WMD. So where is the news? Where is the big deal? How is the admistration getting away with a dishonest, obvious, operation?

Don't tell me half of the American public decided to feel compassion for the people of Iraq for their 'prior' treatment and forget everything else about this war.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Woo, you gotta check the news more often! It sounds like, now, they're using it as a push for war against Syria! The administration's making me nervous...

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Really? I thought we were done picking on Syria. Hopefully we won't make the same mistake twice. Thank you for the news tip.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's because they think Saddam moved them to Syria.

I do think that the administration, if it wasn't toally sure, at least partially believed that Iraq had illegal weapons (Apparently, so did every major intelligence outfit in the West).

And one less crackpot dictator, the better. They never give the world anything but grief anyway.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Do two wrongs make a right? Bush isn't 'evil'...what is evil...I'm not sure but he is deceptive. Not by his lonesome though. Saddam was deceptive too. Bush gives me grief at least.

Well I'm not sure about every intelligence agency in the west being so sure of this. I think what matters is what people on the ground in Iraq thought, and they were not so sure.

top topics

join