It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women "accidently" strangles herself with her own handcuffs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Women "accidently" strangles herself with her own handcuffs.

www.kpho.com

A 45-year-old woman who was in police custody after being arrested for disorderly conduct in a Phoenix airport terminal died in a holding room while apparently struggling with her handcuffs, police said.

Carol Ann Gotbaum, 45, left alone in the room, was possibly trying to break free from the handcuffs when she got them entangled around her neck, said Sgt. Andy Hill of the Phoenix Police Department.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Mods please do not move this thread to BTS instantly like the last one.This is breaking news and it's a odd ctory wich I don't think adds up.

How the heck can you accidently strangle yourself with your own handcuffs?I don't see that possible especially since it would not be hard to move to not strangle yourself.

I cannot even think of how you would do this anyway.Any suggestions?

www.kpho.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I suppose it would depend on whether her hands were cuffed in front or behind her body.

If it was behind she could conceivably suffocate while attempting to get them in front of her body by passing the cuffs past her ass and getting her feet through (that is possible - I have done it to see if it can be done before now!) the suffocation could come from contorting her body against a wall etc to get a bit of leverage thus cutting off her air supply - bear in mind she was already distraught she may of already been out of breath.

Not really suffocating WITH cuffs, rather IN cuffs but could be an explanation.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
After I read this story today, I started trying to figure out how in the world she could have strangled her self...I mean seriously has anyone heard of this? I haven't...

top topics

join