It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran designates CIA and U.S. Army as terrorist organizations in response.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Iran designates CIA and U.S. Army as terrorist organizations in response.

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's parliament on Saturday approved a nonbinding resolution labeling the CIA and the U.S. Army "terrorist organizations," in apparent response to a Senate resolution seeking to give a similar designation to Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

The hard-line dominated parliament cited U.S. involvement in dropping nuclear bombs in Japan in World War II, ..
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The Iranians seem to be willing to step up to the plate against the U.S. possibly leading a war between the two nations. Whether its goiing to be a covert war killing Americans or Iranians as well as kidnapping, etc. remains to be seen, most likely Iraq would be the battlefield, unless the U.S. govt. and the military decided to take it to Iranian soil since thats where much of the Revolutionary Guards trained proxy forces as it has in the past few decades.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well to be honest I would agree with Iran on this one.
The US has in the past and is using at present, terrorist activities.
Surely thats obvious?.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Well to be honest I would agree with Iran on this one.
The US has in the past and is using at present, terrorist activities.
Surely thats obvious?.

And now two nations are going to do things they have done for the past few decades, using proxy forces against each other. Similar to the Cold War between the Soviets and the Americans. Spy vs. Spy.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

exactly, like when kermit roosevelt and the cia overthrew mosedeq in the 50's and put in the wonderful shah of iran. imagine if any country were to try this crap on us... we wouldnt stand for it either.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by TheRepublic]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

But isnt that what all nations do? Under the auspices of protecting the people?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Iran sounds like the little guy here trying to be like the big guy. They say "You get nuclear power so why can't we? You get nuclear weapons why can't we? You invited us to your University to lash at us, why can't we invite you to ours? You designate our military as terrorist orgs why can't we designate yours? "

I see this as anger fueled propaganda. Mostly since Iran's president's roast at the university. Nothing purposeful. But what do I know?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
[edit on 29-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

No, it doesn't work that way at all! The Constitution declares rights for all persons who come into contact with the U.S. government, terrorists accused by the United States have just as much right to a fair trial as does an American citizen.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I see this as actually more evidence that there will NOT be a hot war. Since Iran and the United States have probably both realized how foolish it would be to directly attack the other, they have resorted to childish, tit-for-tat insult hurling.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

No, it doesn't work that way at all! The Constitution declares rights for all persons who come into contact with the U.S. government, terrorists accused by the United States have just as much right to a fair trial as does an American citizen.

I think there are some chaps in a prison camp in Cuba that would disagree with you

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

I first thought you were right, because most sites on the internet says they have. But then I found what Human Rights Watch says about the US:

When I joined the staff of Human Rights watch six years ago, I assumed I would be spending most of my time dealing with outrages committed by governments in countries like Sudan and China and Burma, and urging the United States to be a force for good in such places. I never imagined that I would see my own government engaging in the kinds of activities it has long condemned around the world: disappearing prisoners in secret facilities for years without any legal process, sending them to be interrogated in countries where torture is standard practice, and subjecting them to interrogation methods that I first learned about while reading accounts by Soviet dissidents of what they endured in KGB prisons.

Source

US is on the same level as Sudan, China and Burma. Torture and so on.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I'm not denying that such terrible things happen, just that such terrible things are permissible under United States law. The Bush Administration makes a regular practice of totally ignoring the Constitution and relevant criminal law when dealing with non-Americans.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

Just because terrorists have rights doesn't mean Bush can't ignore them.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Yeah. Its just ironic that they condemn other countries as terrorists, when they are just as bad themselfs. They go out to fight evildoers in the world, when they use the same tactics themselfs.

Your country is being run by war criminals sitting on nukes. I do not feel comfortable.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

If it makes you feel any better, China and Pakistan are also run by dictators with nukes!

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yeah I know.
I guess its time to get rid of the old picture of USA, the one from the movies, and accept the new reality.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Iran must know any direct attempt to make war with the USA would be stupid at best. The power difference is too great I would think.

If Iran were allowed to develop nuclear weapons under the guise of domestic energy needs, well then I think that would change everything in that would open the door to under the table delivery -- terrorist stuff. Proof of the weapons origin may not be available. If that was the case there are many countries at risk of retaliatory measures.

Iran's internal effort to label the US -- CIA and Army as terrorist organizations must have some other consequence -- internationally, than the Internal label alone. It almost seems silly on the surface.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

I seriously doubt Iran would hand off nukes to terrorists. The "loyalties" of these scum are always shifting, the terrorist in your corner one day may be fighting you the next.

If this were such a serious threat, would not terrorists in Pakistan have gotten their hands on some nukes by now?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
A chess game.. Iran is trying to keep bush down to using pons..something Saddam was very poor at. by mirroring the two countries to say that the USA is historically not dissimilar. Iran wants "the bomb" where as The USA is the only known country to intentionally use two of them in actual war. It may be rhetoric but Iran knows that the UN is populated with countries sympathetic to those types of ideas. They know that battle with the USA would end up looking like CNN during the shock and awe campaign of the Iraq war. Iran and Syria also know that they are next on the axis of evil list...which is one reason why they started scrambling for weapons. but so long as engaging is still in debate, no coalition yet formed. Attack will seem less likely in their eyes... so the only strategy they have.. dissension and debate is what we will see... until a gulf of tonkin style nuclear accident..!???

In a way the USA fed the rabid dog.. first we tell them they are on a list of countries to be punished for "evil" and then we threaten to attack them for the weapons they are scrambling to get to keep us away.... this is comparable to the rhetoric they will use to stall the war.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join